Chapter 1

12 Overprotective Seniors

Jerelyn, which is you ended your high school 2 years ago and had a year break before deciding to start your university life in Seoul. During that 1 year break you had, you learnt Korean and had a part-time job at a café. You need the money to provide yourself, example; food, things you want to buy and lodging.

Before the school starts, you went to the university to buy necessary notes or textbooks that you signed up for that course. You were also told to choose an Extra Curriculum Activity (ECA). You looked through the list and somewhat knows what you want.

Everything for you seems so foreign. Even though you are in an international university, there are some Korean students that prefer to study in this school. The school teaching style will be using English. So, most Korean students there are fluent in their English. You are amazed though. In your working place, it is hard to communicate with your colleagues. All they did was like playing charades.

Also in the school, you have decided to sign up for living in the dorm that the school provided for foreign students. The rental is way cheaper than those outsides. You are being paired up with a Korean girl for that dorm. 2 students in a dorm. After buying all your stuff, you went into your dorm so put your textbooks and notes that you had bought. You were also lucky that you met someone nice as a dorm-mate, Eunhye. Both of you hit off quite well and there are some classes that both of you are together, similarly in year 1.

A month since that day when you bought your textbooks and notes, the school officially starts. You woke up early and prepared yourself well. Your first lesson started at 7.30am and you were already on the way to your first class at 7am, the fact that the dorm wasn’t far from the university.

You entered the class and took a seat at the back. A while later, a guy went up to you and took the seat beside you. You don’t mind since he is going to be your classmates.

“Alright class. Hello, I am Ms Im. I will be your economics teacher for the year. Hopefully all of you will enjoy the year with me and of course as a class.” The lecturer introduced herself after she got her stuff prepared.

Next, she wanted them to do a self introduction to the whole class. She slowly called names up by register number. Your name was being called and you went up.

“Hello everybody. My name is Jerelyn Jung and I am a Singaporean. You can just call me, Jerelyn.” You introduced yourself and quietly go back to your seat. Just at the correct order, right after you, was the guy that sat beside you.

“Hello everybody. My name is Kim Jong In, full Korean. My friends call me, Kai. If you wonder why I feel so comfortable in this school, I am actually in year 2 this year but I failed this module last year, hence, I am here for this class.” He introduced himself well enough and a little more information.

So, for that module, since it’s the 1st day of school, all they did was to get to know each other well. During the break time, you went to the office to register for your ECA. You had signed up for ‘Dance’. You have lots of interest in dance and dances well for freestyle dancing. Something that nobody knows.

After signing up, you went back to the canteen to look for your dorm-mate as you all had promised each other to have lunch together. Both of you buy food and settled down at a table, chatting how your first day of school goes while eating. Suddenly, you and Eunhye heard some screaming. The both of you looked up at the same timing and see that there was a big group of guys entering the canteen.

“Who’s that?” you ask. Well, not like Eunhye knows.

“Didn’t expect to see them on the first day of school!” You heard one of the girls squealing over those guys. You totally ignored the crowd and continued having your food.

Your first day wasn’t that bad since there wasn’t much learning. All of the modules you had for the day were just having introduction class. So, most of them repeated their introductions throughout the whole day. When you reached back at your dorm, you decided to start looking through your notes so that in future you can have a better understanding for that chapter. Before you got into bed, you received a text saying that you have to go for the dance (your ECA) tomorrow for lessons. You were of course happy that you managed to get into the ECA you wanted.


Hey readers! First greeting for this story. Annyeonghaseyo. Hahaha. 

How do you find this chapter? Boring right? I know. Look forward for my updates on this story! ^^ 

-Edited (the best I can go)