Chapter 6

Private Messages

Yoseob drummed his fingers against his cheek, while his head rested on a bent arm as he observed what was in front of him. He held back another sigh and put on his actor smile when he noted a camera pointed in his direction.

 

He was tormented on the inside although he may seem calm on the outside. On one hand, he was happy that B2ST had yet another collaboration with APink, but on the other, B2ST had yet another collaboration with APink. He didn’t need this right now. He was conflicted enough as it is. Watching Reply 1994 and the consequent talk with Dongwoon made him think that he may just have feelings for his pretty, younger sort-of labelmate.

 

But he wondered…could he really, at his age, be crushing on a younger girl? He’s had girlfriends and crushes before, so it should not come as something strange to him. He watched as Dongwoon and Eunji did a cute pose together and his heart did a strange flip.

 

Oh, he definitely feels affection and he admits to attraction, but what he feels as he watched Dongwoon come closer to Eunji was neither of those. It felt weird, at the same time, familiar. Looking past the couple, he could see Hyunseung and Chorong posing as well and focusing on them helped alleviate…whatever feeling he had, even just a little bit.

 

He noticed someone coming closer from his peripheral vision and made sure to train his eyes on the photoshoot going on. Sure enough, after waiting for a few seconds, Hayoung came bounding over with a camera in her hand. He looked over to the camera and played up his sunbae card and took note of the not-so-subtle zooms that the APink maknae was doing.

 

Wanting to divert the attention back to the photoshoot, he pointed at Dongwoon and Eunji and chuckled when Dongwoon started teasing Hayoung as well. He could only see the back of Hayoung at this point, but he can see the tip of her ears were a delicate shade of pink, something that wasn’t present when she was talking to him. He had a fond smile on his face. It wouldn’t be hard to see her developing a crush on their charismatic maknae and maybe, even a budding romance in the far future.

 

Casting a look to Dongwoon’s direction, hoping to gauge his reaction, he didn’t expect to connect with another pair of brown eyes. The stare lasted for a moment before a blink, though he wasn’t sure who it came from, broke the contact and Eunji looked away.

 

That same pink shade that was on Hayoung’s ears was now proudly displayed on Eunji’s cheeks, but somehow, that was much, much lovelier and a lot cuter. ‘Ah,’Yoseob unconsciously thought, his brows furrowing a bit, ‘I really, really like her.’ And it was like a fog had lifted then.

 

He likes her.

 

There was no turning back from that. And when she shyly looked over at him again, a small, adorable smile on her face, he found himself casting away any doubts that he had earlier. Not when his stomach was doing very pleasant flips and not when his heart was thumping incessantly against his chest.

 

He gave a wide grin as well and was rewarded when her grin grew wider. Yeah, he could get used to this.

 

“You’re jealous.”

 

“I’m not!”

 

“You are.”

 

Yoseob grumbled.

 

“Aw, it’s cute, oppa!” She pinched his cheek, just as on-screen Eunji was kissed by another guy that definitely wasn’t Yoseob. Grumbling continued to be heard although one could swear that they could hear the grinding of teeth along with it.

 

Eunji merely giggled.

 

Yoseob did not know how they ended up in this situation or what had possessed him to agree to watching her latest drama. He turned to look at Eunji who was looking so very expectantly at him with bright wide eyes and that beautiful smile.

 

Ah, that was why.

 

He turned his attention back to screen and continued glaring at the screen, while Eunji could only grin. Truthfully, it was never her intention to watch her drama with current company. She had only received the recordings herself and she had been planning to review them. She had just settled in the living room of the APink dorm when Yoseob called her to tell her that he was done for the day.

 

With Plan A, formerly known as A Cube, no longer a part of Cube, they weren’t allowed to freely enter and run to each other’s company as often as they had in the past. And because of this, coupled with BEAST being busy in Japan and her with her drama, they were sorely lacking time together. After asking her manager and other members, she had invited him over.

 

In her defense, she had told Yoseob that they could do something else, but she may have strongly hinted that this was the only time she really had to go over any of her acting scenes and after he begrudgingly agreed, they settled in for long hours in front of the television.

 

In all honesty, even though she had said that she would review her drama, she instead started watching his reactions instead. Yoseob was fully engrossed in the story of the drama, intent on helping her review, so they could finally “do something more interesting” as he had said. Occasionally, he would make little comments and hums, especially to the OSTs. He praised her singing and of course, her acting.

 

Her favorite reactions were, of course, during any of her romantic scenes. He would visibly tense when any flirting or slow scenes came about. A hug from her co-actor would merit a growl, but the kiss gave a full-out loud protest from him, along with the consequent grinding and grumbling.

 

At some point, Yoseob had wrapped his fingers around hers and occasionally, he would bring their joint hands to his lap or place a light kiss on the back of her hand. She noticed this would happen when there was a particularly convincing romantic scene. It was almost as if it were a way to ground him to reality that she was beside him and not going to run off with the male lead. Chuckling to herself, she settled back unto the couch and made herself comfortable on Yoseob’s shoulder as she watched herself on TV.

 

Later in the day, Chorong would creep out to check on the two and she’d proceed to laugh quietly. The couple had fallen asleep on the couch, the drama playing its last notes to signal its end. She’d take a quick snap and send it to the rest of the B2ST and APink members and she may or may not have sent it to 4minute and BTOB as well.

 

Then again, they may have seen it from Yoseob who had subsequently placed it as his cellphone background.

 

 

“Why are you two fraternizing with the enemies?!” Doojoon exclaimed one day, gesturing to the two pairs on the bench. This earned him a couple of laughs and a smack on the arm from Chorong. “See? See? This one even hits!” And he was smacked yet again.

 

Dongwoon started stammering, while Yoseob merely rolled his eyes before giving Eunji his full attention yet again. When he brought her hand to his lips to plant a kiss on her palm, Doojoon and Junhyung started making mocking kissy noises and Kikwang was snickering from the background.

 

Yoseob was extremely happy right now.

 

It was rare enough these days that B2ST had comebacks in their home country, but to have it at the same time as APink? It practically felt like his birthday. He got to see his fans, perform with his friends and of course, spend time with his beautiful girlfriend. Said girlfriend simply laughed and pushed him away with the palm he was kissing.

 

Yoseob wanted to turn, fully intent to get back at Eunji, when he saw something in the corner of his eye that darkened his mood. He looked back at the ground and started fiddling with Eunji’s fingers. Eunji noted the way he deflated and looked to the side. From where they were sitting, they had a whole view of the waiting room and she could see the rest of B2ST and Apink. Dongwoon, Doojoon and Hayoung were debating over a game with Bomi hovering close by, while Naeun, Namjoo and Chorong were fighting over the snacks. Junhyung was trying and failing to take a nap with all the commotion happening in the waiting room, while Kikwang was beside him with his earphones on and eyes on the phone. Off in a corner, far from the rest of the group, she could see Hyunseung talking quietly on the phone.

 

She knew that B2ST has been walking on eggshells around him lately. With his break-up with Hyuna and talks of him leaving the group surrounding the media lately, she suddenly understood why B2ST had decided to burst into their waiting room. She looked up on the screen and could see Infinite rehearsing, which explained why they took the chance to come into their waiting room instead of going to Infinite’s room.

 

She hugged Yoseob to her and pressed a kiss to his head before resting her cheek on his hair, not really caring if it messed up his hairstyle. His stylist could deal with it later. She could feel him hug her tighter

 

For now, the best she could do is comfort him and hope that everything goes well for them.

 

The visit to APink’s waiting room had done the group some good and though they didn’t stay for long, it showed good comradery to the public and it raised their spirits as a group. However, now that they were back in their own dressing room, the space turned tense once again. He could see Doojoon and Dongwoon talking to each other and attempting to bring Hyunseung into the conversation. Junhyung just refused to look towards their direction, while Yoseob could feel Kikwang beside him, trying to subtly gauge Doojoon and Dongwoon’s efforts. To their dismay, Hyunseung remained mostly unresponsive, only chiming in slightly.

 

Yoseob sighed and brought his head to rest on his clasped hands. He can understand Hyunseung’s behavior. The media was breathing down his neck at this point and every move that he did was being picked apart and faulted. Hyunseung had always been a little different, but he changed ever since his father died. While the rest of the group would rather have fun and make jokes when they were feeling down, he would rather stay behind and brood in silence. Coupled with their company not promoting them enough and with their contracts as B2ST ending soon, he wasn’t sure what was going to happen to this group.

 

Don’t get him wrong. He was confident in their bond and trust in s. He just wasn’t sure that they can remain as a group under Cube.

 

At that moment, a knock sounded on the door. Wanting to make an excuse to get away, he quickly stood up and answered it. He was greeted by Eunji’s smiling face. He barely had any time to comprehend, much less question her sudden appearance, when she leaped up towards him and kissed him full on the lips. As sudden as she was there, she disappeared with a coy smile and a wink before scurrying away with the rest of APink bowing and trying to follow her quickly.

 

Yoseob wasn’t sure how long he stayed there, but he snapped out of it when he could hear several footsteps approaching. He looked up to see the members of Infinite making their way back to their waiting room. However, a few members paused to look at his face briefly.

 

“Hey, Seobie. Are you that happy to see us? Your grin is kind of creepy.”

Author's Notes:  First of all, I'd like to apologize for not updating this in over...4 years?? I've had these stories up on my computer since early 2016 and just never had the time to edit or finish it. I haven't written a fanfiction in 3 years and published one even more than that. This is not an official comeback, just that this chapter is long, long, long overdue. I will continue to write Eunseob stories, but updating them is a whole different story.

Secondly, a little about the prompts for these stories: the first one is based on the video from Apink News 3 with Beast. I wanted a little story of how Yoseob came to his feelings for Eunji and he might have struggled considering he was crushing on a hoobae. I hope I conveyed that well. The second one was just fun and less based on any actual news or video. The third is set during the small overlap that Remember/Yey promotions had and set before Hyunseung's departure. I will probably make a prompt on this as well.

Thanks so much for sticking with me! And hopefully, it won't take me another 4 years to update this.

PS: Anything else you can think of for Eunseob moments, like from videos? And what would you think of me writing a small HaWoon (Hayoung x Dongwoon) oneshot?