Chapter 3

Private Messages

How their members came to know about their relationship was a surprise to them but then again, they, or rather Yoseob as affectionate as he was, were not the subtlest couple around them.

But it was very sudden. One day, Doojoon had come up to them while waiting for their turn backstage and had slung his arms around both their shoulders.

Yoseob turned to look at him. “Doojoon-ah, what are you doing?”

“Kids, I’m only going to say this once. I approve of your relationship, but please be more subtle about it. The members are complaining to me about covering your butts.”

It startled Yoseob more than it did to Eunji as she could only bow to him, while Yoseob was openly gaping. “W-when did you guys find out about this?!” Doojoon was silent for a moment and Eunji was sure that he looked like he was blushing. “I caught you guys kissing in a practice room.” Eunji blushed bright red, while Yoseob awkwardly scratched his head.

Doojoon sighed. “In fact, I think all the kids have caught you guys at least once. I know Dongwoonie has caught you more times, but then,  that’s because you told him. I get that you kids are in love, but it could cause a big scandal if the paparazzi catch you guys." He was silent for a moment before he clapped his hands to break the silence. "Alright, let’s go!” Doojoon says, patting them both on the back before finally leaving.

Eunji was speechless as she turned to Yoseob. All he could do was say…

“Oops?”

-------

Yoseob loved kisses.  He loved them a lot as Eunji soon learned.

He would kiss her at the most random of times. He would kiss her when they went out to the movies. He would kiss her when they go out shopping. He would also kiss her when they were dining in a restaurant. He would randomly kiss her when they were walking the streets alone in disguise. Sometimes, he would kiss her when there were paparazzi around and he would say that it was to cover her face from them before running the other way.

He would even shamelessly kiss her when their members were around.

“YAH! Seobie-ah! Get out or get a room!” Doojoon jokingly shouted from across the room as Yoseob leaned in to kiss her, earning laughs from everyone around the room as they lounged around the couches and chairs, holding drinks of the non-alcoholic variety. It was a casual get together for Cube artists that they did once a month to strengthen ties within the family. Usually, they would also invite trainees, but it was already late in the night and most had to get up early for practice the next day.

“Shikkeuro!” Yoseob replied back, but not before leaning in to steal yet another kiss from her, receiving more hollers and wolf-whistles from the crowd. Only then did he move away from her to go back to his group. Instantly, she was surrounded by a giggly group of girls.  

“Wah, Yoseob-oppa is jjang! He has no shame whatsoever.” Hyuna says. Her eyes trail to the happily laughing Hyunseung, who was watching Junhyung pull Yoseob into a headlock. She pouts at this. “I wish my Oppa would do the same.”

As the rest of the girls laughed at this, Eunji was reminded of something following her revelation of Yoseob’s addiction to kisses.

------

“Eunji-unnie! Hurry. BEAST-oppa’s Showtime is starting!” Hayoung called from the living room. Eunji quickly dropped the dishes back in the sink and dashed quickly to take her regular spot on the couch. Naeun, who sat beside her, gave her one of the throw pillows.

It had become a regular thing to do among the members to watch television together. Chorong had started it, claiming that bonding in front of the television would work wonders for their teamwork. Whenever they had free time, they would all gather in front of the television and comment and watch at the same time. Admittedly, it was one of the better ideas that Chorong had as they found themselves closer and more in sync than before.

Tonight, their free time happened to fall under one of the episodes of the current Showtime. The group was interested in it as APink was in the talks to continue after BEAST and it was also to support their label mate, so they made sure to catch it. Secretly though, Eunji had been keeping up with the show in her own time. Just so that she had something to laugh with Yoseob about at night.

The episode was about BEAST having 24 hours to do what they wanted and currently, they were doing Junhyung’s wish to take the subway. Most of the girls were chattering amongst themselves about similar experiences, while Eunji was laughing loudly at Yoseob’s scared face. She was going to rib him hard on that later.

Soon after, BEAST was on their way to visit Dongwoon’s father and BEAST started to talk about their parents and there was a particular part that caught Eunji’s attention.

TV Yoseob had declared. “My mom loves kisses. Her kisses are jjang.” While this may seem irrelevant at that time as it was directly followed by Kikwang’s interesting relationship with his mother, the information seemed to have stored into her brain.

------

She was brought out her thoughts when something wet brushed against her lips and Yoseob’s cheeky grin came into focus. She blushed bright red when she realized that he had once again kissed her while she was thinking, because everyone in the room was busy snickering behind their hands.

“C’mon, jagiyah. Let’s get out of here.” Yoseob said happily before pulling her away from the room. Eunji could still hear everyone hooting and hollering in the background.

“Like mother, like son…I guess.”

------

“Oh, how cute!”

Yoseob was jealous. There was no other way to put it as he tried to concentrate on playing with Yanggaeng, who was basking in his affection.

“Yeh~” Eunji cooed cutely and Yoseob was close to his breaking point.

“Yah, Minki ah. Who do you love the most~?” Eunji asked in a singsong voice and Yanggaeng yelped when Yoseob grabbed him too hard. Half-heartedly apologizing to the dog with a few pets, Yoseob dropped him on the floor and Yanggaeng proceeded to scurry away from him to roam around. They were currently in one of the more high-end pet cafes where only a few selected can get in to. Eunji had wanted to meet Yanggaeng again without any prying eyes and the place was perfect since they were the only people there. As expected, the two had hit it off immediately…that was until the little brat called.

Okay, it was unhealthy to be jealous of your girlfriend’s little brother, but it was a well-known fact that Eunji was a dongseang pabo and with the way she was talking to him, it almost seemed like Minki was her boyfriend instead of him. He was entitled to sulk!

It didn’t help that the little punk knew that he was in the room as Eunji had texted him before he decided to call. Their conversation had been going on for about an hour now and being the dongsaeng pabo that she was, Eunji hadn’t noticed anything. Ever since Yoseob was introduced to Eunji’s little brother, Yoseob knew that the little brat didn’t like him, even if he was amicable whenever they met.

“Aigoo, Minki-ah! Noona loves you too.”

That’s it. He will get her to put down that phone, whether she likes it or not. Stealthily, he moved away from his place on the floor with Yanggaeng closely following from behind him.

“Omma really did that? Wah, jjang yah!” Eunji exclaimed into the phone as Minki continued explaining something that had happened at home. She had just been minding her own business when she felt something hit her lap.

“Mwo?” Before she could even look down, something else had plopped unto her lap and a fluffy tail had started tickling her nose. “Yanggaengie?” She found the dog cheerfully munching on something before jumping back down on the floor. She followed the dog to find it walking back to Yoseob who had a satisfied grin on his face.

“How-?”

Before she could finish her sentence, Yoseob had tossed something again unto her lap that had Yanggaeng running towards her. She caught sight of something small and brown before her vision was flooded by white fur. She deduced that it had been a doggie treat as her lap was wet with slobber. She was speechless as Yanggaeng happily trotted back to his owner

She was snapped back to attention when she heard Minki’s voice from her phone. “Noona? Are you alright?”

“Minki-ah, I’ll call you back later. Remember that Noona loves you.” Eunji quickly said before turning off her phone to reprimand Yoseob. “Oppa! What was that for? I was talking to Minki on the phone!”

Yoseob grunted and he threw another treat at her as Yanggaeng proceeded to chase it. “Oppa!”

He pouted before sighing. “Jagiyah, I know that you really love your brother, but I want some time with you too. This is our only time together for the next few weeks since it’s in between APink’s promotions and it’s before BEAST’s.” Yoseob explained. “I wanted some attention as well. I’m sorry I went through such childish actions.”

Eunji didn’t say anything for a few seconds before she did something unexpected. She reached over to violently grab the bag of treats from Yoseob. She then proceeded to continuously throw pellets at him that had him and Yanggaeng squirming, but for two very different reasons.

“Eunji, wha-?” Yoseob was interrupted as a pair of lips brushed against his cheek. Eunji had retreated before he could do anything. She started folding the bag of treats, but not before giving another to Yanggaeng. It was only when she started playing with him that she calmly said, “That’s payback, Oppa.”

Yoseob could only blink in surprise. 

------

OK, so I was sort of at a lost on what to do for this chapter as I had planned to end it during at Full House since that's the last interaction that I know that they had. These are not arrnaged chronologically anymore as they are not based on real events, but some facts instead.

I thought that it would be cute that Yoseob loved to give kisses, especially since his mom loves them. I also liked the idea of Yoseob being jealous over Minki, especially after watching APink's Showtime where he appeared, and they have a mini-rivalry. I might expound more on that later. 

If you have any suggestions for later chapters, do not hesitate to message me or leave a comment! Thanks for the positive response so far.