Chapter 4

Private Messages

 

Eunji peeked from her position by the door.

In her hands, she held a heavy plastic bag, but she paid no heed to the weight as she glanced around. She could hear grunts and heavy breathing coming from one corner of the room. She allowed herself in, but tiptoed quickly to the source of the noise. When she got there, all she could do was gape.

The sight that greeted her was… hot.

Admittedly, she would usually not use that word when describing Yoseob, but there was no other way to describe the scene, especially when he moved. 

Yoseob was in the boxing ring with his teacher and was sparring quite well against his instructor. Seeing as it was summer, Yoseob was in a black sleeveless shirt and shorts. Eunji could see his biceps flex and ripple with each punch that he made. When he threw an uppercut, she caught a brief look at his abs and that’s when she shut to look away, completely red and embarrassed.

OK, it wasn’t her first time in Yoseob’s favorite boxing gym, but it was the first time that she saw him really boxing. Usually, when she dropped by, Yoseob would either be showering in the lockers or would be waiting for her by the entrance. Since she had decided to surprise Yoseob with breakfast, he hadn’t been expecting her at all.

When she was sure she wasn’t blushing anymore, she looked back at the ring to see both men taking a bow before taking off their safety helmets. Yoseob was sweating bullets as he sleeked back his hair before covering it with his cap.

“Good job, Yoseob. We’ll pick it up again tomorrow.” She heard his coach say before patting him on the back and getting down the ring as Yoseob proceeded to unwrap his hands. It was only then that the coach realized she was there as he quickly bowed. Eunji followed in greeting. “Anyeong haseyo. You’ve worked hard.”

Yoseob seemed to finally notice her as he quickly whipped around to look at her. The smile that he gave her was full of warmth and happiness. Any sign of that hotness he displayed earlier had disappeared and was replaced by an overwhelming amount of aegyo. His smile reminded her Yanggaengie for some reason and she wanted to reach out to pinch his cheeks. He hurriedly jumped out of the ring to approach her and dropped a quick kiss to her forehead.

“Jagiyah! What are you doing here? I thought you had dance practice today?” Yoseob said, holding her hand. Eunji was about to reply, but Yoseob, as if realizing something, suddenly withdrew his hand from hers.

 “Ah, mian, Eunji. I reek of sweat.” Yoseob said, wiping his palms against his shorts. Eunji smiled as he looked like a little boy getting scolded.

“Oppa, I don’t mind.” She replied, taking his hand back in hers. She went closer to press a kiss on his lips, which he deepened immediately. It was Eunji who broke the kiss with a laugh. “ Dancer-nim called in sick today and that was our only schedule for this morning.” She reached out to brush his bangs away, not minding the sweat at all.

Yoseob seemed amused by this. “Jagiyah, most women hate sweat.”

“I’m not most women.” Eunji said, waggling her eyebrows, which made Yoseob laugh out. “Besides, I happen to find sweat y.” Eunji hadn’t realized she had said it out loud until she saw Yoseob let out a wide grin.

“Oh ho. You find me y, do you?” Yoseob said teasingly. He ruffled his hair and some of his sweat flew towards Eunji, who shrieked in surprise. “Yah!” She grabbed his hands to stop him, which just made him laugh more. Eunji then pushed him towards the lockers and said, “Oppa, go change! I bought some chicken for breakfast.”

Yoseob whooped in joy and he made his way to the door. Eunji merely shook her head. “You’re such a little boy, oppa.” She murmured under her breath as she took the chicken out of the bag.

“Eunji.”

“Weh, oppa?” She asked, while she turned to him but stopped short when she realized that he was flashing her his abs as he wiped his sweat from his forehead with the bottom of his shirt. Eunji’s eyes widened and she blushed bright red.

 Yoseob wiggled his eyebrows. “Who’s a little boy now?”

“OPPA!”

Her scream merely made him laugh as he finally entered the changing room.


Sometimes, Eunji had a hard time figuring Yoseob out.

Tug

“Yah~ Eunji~”

He was a mature person by nature. He even admitted that himself. He’s usually the one cleaning up after s and he hates wasteful spending. As a sunbae, he gives helpful tips and constructive criticism. In fact, because he is so friendly, many go to him for advice and answers.

Tug Tug

“Eunji-goon~”

And yet, there are also times…

“An~yeong~ha~se~youuuuw”

 …that he can be so immature.

“Wehgurae, oppa?”

“I want food, jagiyah. FOOD.” Yoseob moaned, his cheek rested against the counter. Eunji merely rolled her eyes as she turned to flip an egg expertly. “It will be ready in a few, oppa.”

They were currently in one of the common rooms in the company. Yoseob had come over to watch APink’s rehearsals directly after his. As B2ST was currently promoting, they rarely had time to see each other, but Yoseob made so much of an effort to see her that he had forgotten to eat lunch. They managed to find some eggs in the refrigerator that someone must have left behind.   

“How long is a few?” He asked, finally getting out of his seat to peek at the food. He rested his chin by her shoulder. Eunji blushed when he nose brushed against her neck, tickling her. She flushed even brighter when Yoseob put his arms around her.

“W-what are you doing?”

“I just wanted to hug you.” Yoseob said, bringing her closer to him. He titled her head to bring his lips closer to hers. “I just wanted to kiss you. Is there anything wrong with that?” And he did just that. They remained in that position for quite some time and Eunji was really enjoying it. He broke away from her to whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

He can be the sweetest…

He would often shower her with attention and kisses. He would do little things that she thought she didn’t need and would give her presents without any kind of occasion. He would pamper her to the end of the world if he could. In fact, he greeted her this morning with a fresh bouquet of blue roses, her favorite color. The flowers came with a cute teddy bear in the same color and a kiss from him.

…little…

“JAGIYAH! MY FOOD!” He cut her short as he let her go to try to salvage his food.

…BRAT.

Well, ultimately, as she cooked another batch of eggs for him, while he mourned the loss of his food, Eunji concluded that Yoseob was a very unpredictable individual.


Eunji smiled brightly and brought two hands to her chin. She then proceeded to pucker her lips and wink before she collapsed into a heap of embarrassed giggles.

“What kind of aegyo was that, Eunji-yah?” Yoseob scolded her. “Again!”

On this fine afternoon, Eunji was having an aegyo crash course with Yoseob. They had just finished watching the first episode of APink’s Showtime and they both cringed watching her do aegyo. Yoseob thought that it was his job as B2ST’s resident pet-dol to teach his girlfriend to do aegyo properly.

Eunji pouted, bringing her index fingers to her cheeks and looked at him for inspection. Yoseob shook his head. “Andwe, andwe, Eunji. Give it more feeling. Like this.” Yoseob proceeded to do the same gesture as she did and Eunji could understand what he meant by “feeling” as she found herself wanting to pinch his cheeks.

He probably saw her twitch her fingers, because he said, “That’s the exact feeling you want to get from your fans.” He made another aegyo pose that had Eunji squealing in the inside. She unconsciously made a gesture that had Yoseob pointing at her excitedly.

“Jagiyah! That’s it. That’s it! You’re doing it.”

“Eh?”

“Ah! You dropped it.” Yoseob said. He seemed frustrated, but in the next moment, he was determined yet again. “Eunji, whatever you were thinking at that time, you should think about it every time you are asked to do aegyo!”

And Eunji did exactly as Yoseob told her to do. She imagined everything that was cute to her, Minki…Yanggaengie…Yoseob. It was only at Yoseob did a full blush bloom and she had to stop giggling. “You’ve got it, jagiyah!” Yoseob had rewarded her with a peck on the cheek. “So, what were you thinking about?”

Eunji debated whether to do so or not before she let a secretive smile curl her lips. “I’d rather not tell, oppa.” And before Yoseob could complain, Eunji silenced him with a kiss. That had effectively stopped any questions from Yoseob.

AN: sorry I haven't updated in a while. This was just sitting in my laptop and yeah...I've got more inspiration so more one-shots ahead. ;)