Chapter 3: Business

Devil of the Highlands

Chapter 3: Business

 

 

"You cheated!!!!"
"Hahahhahaaa. In your face"
"I'm hungry"
"What do you mean I cheated? You are the one who cheated"
" YOU!!! That's mine" 
"I'm still not over my egg"

 


It's around ten now and they still haven't left yet. 
My phone rings and I picked it up. 

 

"Mino~~~" A voice sang. Taehyun, my best friend. 
"What?" I replied. 
"We're coming over. I asked your mom your address," Taehyun said. 
"What? No, I'm not free right now," I told him. 
"Too bad. We're in front of your apartment right now. Open the door," he said and hung up. 

I got up, walking pass the living room that is currently habited by a group of dying pigs. 

 

", you took so long. It's freezing out here," Seungyoon said as soon as I opened the door and quickly rushed inside. 
"Why are you guys here?" I asked. 
"To love you," Taehyun said hugging me tightly. 
"Let go of me," I gritted out my teeth. 
"We haven't seen each others for ages and this is how you welcome me? I'm hurt, Song Mino. I'm hurt," Taehyun faked a tear, wiping it. 
"It's only been a week," I replied. 
"Come on. Drama Queen, I'm hungry," Seunghoon said pulling Taehyun inside. 

 

 

"Mino, I didn't know you have guests," Seungyoon said. 
"They are not my guests. Come on. Lets talk in my study," Mino gestured them into the room closing the door behind him. 


"So.. Who are they?" Seungyoon asked sitting on the couch, located at the corner of the room. 
"They are my fiancé's friends," Mino said. 
"The guy that is in an arranged marriage with you? I didn't know you guys were living together," Taehyun said. 
"We just moved in yesterday," Mino replied. 
"Then you should introduce us to him," Seunghoon said leaning forward slightly. 


"Guys, what are you here for?" Mino asked. 
"Oh, yes. Jinwoo is coming back from Japan next week," Taehyun said. 
"Jinwoo? Really?!" Mino asked, excited. 
"Yeah. He said he wanted to enter Korea market. Maybe even settling back here," Taehyun explained further. 
"That's great then," Mino said. 
"Yeah. So lets drink tonight," Seunghoon butted in. 


"Drinking and Jinwoo are two different things," Seungyoon said. 
"What? Being a saint?" Seunghoon said raising an eyebrow. 


"What are you gonna do?" Taehyun asked Seungyoon. 
"What do you mean?" Seungyoon asked. 


"Come on. Don't act innocent. We all know about you and Jinwoo hyung," Seunghoon said, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"I hate him," Seungyoon said with a straight face and folded his arms across his chest. 

"I thought you had matured. Guess I was wrong, huh? Stop acting like a teenager and just man up and act on your feelings. Seriously, hyung, you are really thick skinned," Taehyun said. 
"Yeah, and it's obvious that Jinwoo hyung likes you too," Mino added. 

 

 

"Guys, it's been like seven years," Seungyoon said. 
"I bet 100 that he still likes you," Taehyun said. 
"150," Seunghoon said. 
"I bet 500," Mino added. 
"-_-"

 


_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 


Hanbin's POV

 

"Gotta go," Yunhyung said urging Bobby to leave. 
"Bye, hyung," Chanwoo said wearing his shoes. 
"Kim Jiwon! It's late," Jinhwan scolded Bobby who was lying on the floor. 
"Let me help you. He's not gonna get up if you just yell," Junhoe said. He lifted Bobby up by his legs while Donghyuk grabbed his arms. 
"Bye, Hanbin. Have a good night," Yunhyung said as they leave. 


Urghh.. I'm tired. I went to the bathroom room and washed up quickly. 
I locked the bedroom door before plopping on the bed, so that Minho can't come in. I'm off to dreamland as soon as my head hit the pillow. 


_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~


"Yah! Kim Hanbin!!! Open the door," a loud voice wakes me up. 

I immediately went back to sleep once I realized it was Minho. 


_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~


 
"School's concert is coming up soon~~" Yunhyung sings, walkimg backward. School just finished and I'm tired as hell. 

"Guys, lets register for dancing," Yunhyung added. 

"Okay," Bobby nodded. 

 

"Hey, is someone famous here?" Chanwoo asked pointing at the gate, where there's a car parked in front and a crowd. The car looks familiar to me. 

"I don't think so cause our school too much for famous people to come," Junhoe said. 

"Look! There's someone coming out of the car," Donghyuk said, excitedly. A guy with sunglasses and dressed in a chic way comes out looking around. 

"Wait a minute.. Isn't that Song Minho?!" Bobby asked facing me. 

"What?! What's he doing here?" I said as I saw him walking towards me. 

"Guys, we gonna be late to work. Come on," I said and pulled them the other direction, wanting to avoid Minho. 


"Yah, where do you think you are going?" Minho appeared behind me and turned me around. 
"Why are you here?" I asked him. 
"We're having a party tonight. Mom told me to pick you up. Come on. I don't want to be late," Minho said and pulled me towards his car. 

The crowd cleared and made way for us. I could hear murmurings about us. 


_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

"Get out," Minho said once we arrived at this huge building. 

"Where are we?" I asked. 

"My company," he said as we walked inside. 
"Ms.Chamel, have you prepared the tuxedo?" Minho asked the lady by the reception, the woman nodded. 
"Good. Take him," Minho gestured towards me before leaving. 


The woman told me to follow her. We arrived at the third floor where she led me into a room. 

"Here's your clothes. I'll be waiting outside. Come out when you finish changing," she said and left. 


I changed into this black tuxedo, which is a bit big on me but it still fits me pretty well. I went out to find the lady and she led me to Minho's office. 

 

"Okay. Lets go," Minho said pulling me along by my hand. 

"Where?" I asked. 

"You will know when you arrive. Now shut up. Don't talk," he said and started his car. 


"Don't call me Minho. Call me hyung. Mino hyung," Minho said after a few minutes.

"Why?" I asked. 

"Cause I told you to. Now shut up," he said, speeding up. 

 

 


Mino's POV

 

After a white we arrive in front of a big white mansion. We walk in through the huge front door where a red carpet is laid. 


"Oh Minho, you are here," mom said walking towards us. 
"Come on. I want you to introduce Hanbin to your business partners," She told me before walking away. 


"Don't talk. Just smile,"  Minho told me. 
"Okay. Showing teeth or no teeth?" I asked him.
"Are you serious? Do what makes you look decent. And address me by Mino hyung," he said. 
"Okay," I nodded. Following him around as he meets business partner. After about an hour, I sat down at a empty table and wasted time, surfing the net. 


"Hanbin, lets go back," Mino said after talking with his mother. 
Finally, I'm going to die of boredom. 

 


Mino's POV


Hanbin followed me to the car, complaining how tired he is. 


"I thought it was a party," he said. 
"It's a party," I replied. 
"It's just meeting and talking. The music sounds lame and it doesn't make sense at all," he continued. 


"Can you shut up?" I snapped. 
"And what? I'm making good use of my mouth. God gifted me with my mouth and I'm using to its fullest," Hanbin said. 
"I don't care. Just shut up," I told him, trying to concentrate on driving. 
"Okay."


He quieted down but that didn't last for long before he played "Titanium" on his phone and rolled down the car window, and started singing with his broken english. 


"Kim Hanbin, give me your phone," I said and took his phone, turning the volume off before closing the car window. 
"Seriously. Dude, you are so boring," he said.
"I told you to call me Mino hyung," I said.
"Okay. Whatever. Mino 'hyung'," he said. 


After a while, he fell asleep, resting his head on the car window and I can finally concentrate on driving. 

 


When we arrived back at the apartment building, I tried to wake him up but to no avail thus I have to carry him. 

I laid him down on the mattress, covering with blanket after making sure he's comfortable. 


I then washed up and changed my clothes before I went to sleep. On the couch.

 

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

Hanbin's POV 


I wake up this morning on the bed to find out that Mino carried me last night. I took a quick shower and changes into my school uniform and left the room. 

Mino was sleeping soundly on the couch. I walked pass him to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and school lunch. I also made breakfast for Mino and left it on the table since he took care of me last night. 


I left early since I haven't finish my homework to copy to copy it from someone. 


"Hanbin hyung, you're early," Donghyuk greeted me as I walked into the compound. 
"Yeah. Have some work to do. What about you?" I asked. 
"I'm always early. I'm the student leader, remember?" He said taking a file from his locker. 
"School concert is coming soon and I'm busy with all these stuff," he added. 
"Okay. Gotta go. See you later," I waved him off when I arrived at my class. 

 


After school


"Boss was angry you didn't come yesterday," Bobby said. 
"What did he say?" I asked. 
"He was asking what the hell were you doing and all. But don't worry. I have it all covered," he told me. 
"Okay. I'm not following you guys today after work. I want to meet my mother," I said. 
"Okay. 

 


After I finish my part time job, I went to visit my mom at our house. She was surprised yet happy to see me. 

"Oppa!" Hanbyul ran into my arms and I lift her up, swirling her around. 
"You look pretty," I told her kissing her forehead. She giggled, throwing her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly. 

"I missed you. Where have you been, oppa?" She asked. 
"Oppa is going live with a nice guy from now on," I told her.
"Oh. So you are not coming back?" She asked with a pout. 
"Yea. But you can visit me whenever you want and I can come to you too," I explained. 
"Why don't you live with us anymore?" She asked. 
"Umm.. Because oppa is an adult now," I said. 
"Oh. So is the oppa you are living with nice?" She asked again. 
"Yea. He is nice. And handsome too, okay? Don't worry about oppa," I told her. 


"Hanbin, you should have told me if you were going to come. I could have prepared meal for you," my mom said taking Hanbyul from my arms 
"It's okay. I just come to see how you are doing," I smiled at her. 
"Aigoo.. Don't worry about us. Mrs.Song has made everything convenient for us," She put down Hanbyul, telling her to go play in her room. 
"Is it really okay with you two? I mean who's going to look after her when you have work?" I asked. 
"Oh. Mrs.Song has it all sort out. I dropped Hanbyul off at her house if I have work. It's not really a big deal since the company is recovering fast. She also sends workers to our house to help me with housework and such," She told me. I sat down on the couch next to her. 

 

 

"That's great then," I said. 
"Hanbin-ah, listen to Minho, okay? He's a good man. He even came to see me yesterday," Mom said. 
"He did?" I asked, surprised. 
"Imm. And I have something to say. If your father contact you, don't keep in touch with him, okay? Don't mind him at all. Just live your own life. All the loans and debts have been paid. You don't need to stress over them anymore. Stop working part-time jobs. I want you to enjoy your life," She said my hand. 
"Okay, mom. I know," I told her. 
"That's my boy," She smiled. 

 


 

I'm sorry I took too long to update. Exam is nearing and Idon't really have time. I'll try to update as fast as I can :) 

 

17th Feb 2015