Chapter 1: His mother's will

Devil of the Highlands


Chapter 1: His mother's will

 


Hanbin's POV


"Mom, you called me?" I asked as I walked into the living room where my mom is seated on the couch. 

"Yes, I have something important to tell you," she said patting the space beside her, signaling me to sit down. 

"As you know, your father run away leaving us in debts. We're going to lose our house soon... I want to request you something"

"What it is mom?" I asked sitting down. 

"You remember my friend, Song Jihyo? You met her last year. She has a son and she wants her son to marry to you. She said she will take care of everything we need if you marry him"

"M-Marry? I'm still in high school. I can't marry him. I don't want to," I exclaimed. 

"Hanbin, think about your future. Your sister's future. They will be much brighter. We won't have to worry about the house bill, your school fee, your sister school fee, and so on. We would be out of our debts. I wouldn't have to worry about you and Hanbyul anymore. Please Hanbin, at least do it for your sister," Mom said holding my hand. 

"I-I- Okay, mom. I'll marry him," I sighed. 

"Thank you, Hanbin. Don't worry. His parents are really nice. They will love you. He will love you," she smiled gently, caressing my cheek. 

 

 

Mino's POV

"What the hell mom?! You planned all this without telling me. How do you expect me to calm down?" I yelled. 

"Song Minho, don't you raise your voice at me. You are going to marry him and that's final," Mom said crossing her legs and raised her eyebrow challenging me to go further. 

"Really mom? I'm doing well at the company. I don't need anyone to help me," I said frustrated. 

"He's not for the well being of the company. He's for you so that you won't see girls anymore," Mom said taking a sip from her coffee. 

"Then I can change. I won't see girls anymore. Okay? Just please don't let marry him," I said. 

"I know you, Song Minho. I'm your mother. You never keep your promise. Plus he's not bad. He's a really polite and nice kid. You will love him. Even your father likes him," Mom said. 

"Aishh... ing . I don't like him. I don't want to marry him, okay?"

"Language, young man. There's no use in whining. I'm not going to change my mind. Go wash up. You are going to meet him today" 

 

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

I'm currently waiting in a high class restaurant, dressed in my suit as my mother ordered. The dude I'm marrying is not here yet and it has been forty-five minutes since I've arrived. Like seriously who the would come late on their first "date". 

"Excuse me. Are you Song Minho?" A boy with school uniform came up to me and asked. 

"Uh Yes. Who are you?" I asked confused. 

"I'm Kim Hanbin," he said as he took the seat in front of me. 

"Kim Hanbin? You're the guy I'm going to marry?" I asked shocked. 

He nodded. 

"What? Aren't you a minor?"

"Yes, I'm a minor, Mr. Pedo," he said in a mocking voice. 

"P-Pedo?! Yah, I'm not that old. Plus I don't want to marry you."

"You're still old. I'm seven teen. I don't want to marry you too."

"Then why di-" his phone suddenly rings cutting me off. 

"Yah, I'm not free. Call me back later"
"What?! Really?.... I'm at this classy restaurant called Dew"

'He's a really polite and nice kid' my mom voice repeated in my head and I scoffed. 
Polite? Yeah right. 
"You're near? No no no. Don't come. Just wait for me there. I'll come"
"Yeah. I'll ask him. K. See you"


I glared at him as he finally hang up. 

"What?" He questioned. 
"Nothing" 
"If you don't have anything else to say, I gotta go"
"My mom told me to bring you home"
"Today?"
"Yes. Lets go"
"What?! I got somewhere to go"
"Don't care. Come on. We don't want to be late," I told him as I get up. 


"Are we going with your car?" He questioned as we walked to the parking lot. 
"Yes"

 

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 


"Omo. You're very handsome," mom said as soon as she saw Hanbin. 
"Thank you," he replied and bowed. 
"Come. Your father is waiting," she led us to the living room where mu father is. 

"Oh Minho, you arrived. We have something to give you," dad said and pulled out a chain of keys. 
"Here. This is your house's key," he said smiling. 

"What? House key?" I questioned. 
"Yeah. We bought an apartment for you two to live together. Since you are going to marry at the end of the year, we figure out that it would be better if you two live together and get to know each other," mom said in an excited voice. 

"Mom, I think it's too early?" I said trying to get her change her mind. 
"Aish. It's never too early. We've prepared everything for you. Hanbin-ah your mom has already sent all your belongings to the apartment. You guys can go straight to there. Minho, we've already packed for you. Just take these," mom said gesturing towards my luggages. 
"But aunt-" my mom cut Hanbin off saying, "Call me mom."
"Uh. Okay."
"Good. Now go"

 

"Aishh. I can't believe it," I said punching the steering wheel. 
"Dude, calm your . Believe me. I don't want to live with you. The feeling is mutual," he said picking up his phone when it . 

"Hey, I can't come today. Got somewhere else to go"


I looked at the caller id and it said "Kimbab ^^" 


"I really can't. Okay. Yeah. Bye." 

"Get out. We're here," I told him. 

 

The apartment is not anything I expected. It was small and very ordinary. Not much decoration. The living room has a long couch and a TV, a coffee table is placed in front of the couch. 
Next to it is the kitchen with dining table. There's a bathroom across from it. And there's only one master bedroom and a study. 
This is not what I hoped for. I expected a large, cozy and modern apartment with a built in studio or something like it. But this.. this is just some ordinary apartment where ordinary people live. I mean I'm a CEO. I dese-


"There's only one bed!!" Hanbin yelled from the kitchen. 
"Yeah, so what?" I asked bored. 
"Well I'm not sleeping on the same bed with you."
"I don't want to sleep with you either. I'm tired. Lets talk about it later. Shower first," I said and walked pass him to the bathroom. 


When I came out of the shower, Hanbin has already pass out on the bed. I changed into my clothes and climb in the bed putting a long pillow between us. 

 

 

I hope you enjoy the first chapter :) 

Comment n Subscribe <3

Jan8th2015