Forever

One Shots

 

It was D-day. It can never be stopped. The moment where earth meet sky. Every ten thousand years, the earth and the sky collided against each other. It was a custom created by the gods and had been celebrated by ancestors. The gods that lived in heaven will sent a person to represent them for a fight to death while the earth represent by Hell will also be sending their fighter. Battle that involves no magic or power. Just perseverance and bravery. If Heavens win, earth will be remain in peace. But if Hell win, it will be the end. They called it the Black Omen. Humans unfortunately called it the Apocalypse.   

 

And today, there will be another battle. One that will decide on the fate of humans and mankind. The fate of earth. Heaven have pick their fighter. A girl with a pure heart and a pure soul who died of a most sacred death; death of love. She was reborn and recreated by Heaven to face her counterpart. She will be descended on earth to face another fighter in hope that she is enough for another win and thus keeping earth as it should be. It was a gamble by Heaven sending a young girl carrying a huge burden on her shoulder but the last battle almost cause Heaven a lost match. The fighter they sent got too much confidence. They almost lost earth. They can’t afford it anymore. Thus they choose her as Heaven sole fighter. Her name is Kwon Yuri.

 

Hell on the other hand had learn of Heaven intention. The leak of information from Heaven was enough for Hell to choose their fighter. Another girl who died of a most tragic death; suicide. It was a sin for killings but to Hell suicide sin is even greater among all. No one should take their own life. It is the biggest sin. But the girl wasn’t just that. She killed herself out of love. She will be enough for Hell to win it today. She will represent Hell and battle to death. Hell hasn’t taste victory not even once. But they will make sure of it today. The day of earth final day will come. Victory will be on Hell’s side. Their fighter will make sure of it. Jessica Jung will come out as victorious.

 

Two girls will face each other in a fight to death on earth where Heaven and Hell will be the audience. But this wasn’t going to be an ordinary fight they have seen before. It will be different. This battle will be remembered, forever.

 

 

…..

 

 

Yuri watch as her opponent took out her twin sword and stand just a few feet from her. Both somehow remain calm. They are here only for the fight; nothing more.

 

“So you’ll be my opponent?”

 

There was no answer coming from the other fighter. Yuri couldn’t see her that much since she had her face down. Yuri exhale in a calm manner and draw out her glaive. The girl finally look up and somehow Yuri felt like she had seen her before. The girl finally speak.

 

“I’m Jessica.”

 

Yuri get into her fighting stance.

 

“Why should I know your name?”

 

The girl face remain expressionless and Yuri saw her taking her own stance. Her grip tighten around her own weapon.

 

“So that you’ll remember me when you come to Hell.”

 

Jessica run forward towards Yuri. Yuri didn’t move but wait for the girl to come at her. Jessica swing her right hand sword forward aiming for Yuri neck but Yuri successfully evade her attack and took a step back. She use her glaive and swing upwards but Jessica had her left sword deflecting Yuri’s sharp attack. She then moved even forwards kicking Yuri on her stomach. Yuri stumble backwards. Jessica used that moment and force her right sword towards Yuri. Yuri felt a searing pain on her left waist. She groan and jumped backwards. Jessica stop her attack but keep her eyes on Yuri who had her palm on the cut on her stomach.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

Yuri straighten up and focus again on Jessica.

 

“You’re trying to delay your own death?”

 

Jessica didn’t laugh nor smile. But Yuri saw her eyes looking sadly at her. But why?

 

“If you die, earth will come to an end.”

 

“That is too early to decide, aren’t we Jessica?”

 

Yuri get back to her stance and lunged forward swinging her glaive from right to left. Jessica evade it by deflecting Yuri attack with her twin sword. Jessica might have hurt her but Yuri speed hasn’t decrease at all. Neither does it weaken her state. Jessica evade another swing. Yuri saw her opportunity, she used the end of her glaive and place it on the ground. Using her glaive as support, Yuri swing herself and kick Jessica on her behind making the girl stumble forward. Once Yuri set foot on the soil again, she swing her glaive and the sharp part slashing against Jessica arm. Blood spurted out from her injured arm. Jessica groan in pain dropping her left sword but manage to give a back swing against Yuri. Yuri jumped backwards again avoiding her opponent attack. Jessica had her right palm on the cut on her left arm. Yuri smirks.

 

“I told you, it is still early to decide who won.”

 

Jessica grab her sword once again from the ground. Yuri let her do so. It will be unfair for her opponent if she attack now. Jessica was breathing hard and so does Yuri. Both injury wasn’t too deep but it does took a chunk of their energy away.

 

“I’m Kwon Yuri. I hope you’ll remember that.”

 

Jessica suddenly had that small smile on her face. Yuri didn’t get it. Why is she smiling now?

 

“Why are you smiling?”

 

“You don’t remember me do you?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Jessica drop her left sword and grab something from inside her white jacket. She threw it at Yuri. Yuri barely evaded it but she got a glimpsed of it; a small dagger. She looks back at Jessica only to be greeted by Jessica sword just right next to her neck. Sweats forming on her forehead. But she’s not giving up. Yuri used her glaive as her defensive weapon slide it between her neck and Jessica’s sword. She pushed forward while Jessica fight back. Jessica give a hard kick on Yuri side waist and pulled her sword away from Yuri neck but slash it against her opponent shoulder. Yuri felt another cut but this time she was sure it was deep. Jessica give a back kick successfully pushing Yuri down on ground. Yuri didn’t get to recover when Jessica gave a hard kick on her head. Yuri felt her head spinning. Jessica just stood there watching Yuri on ground writhing in pain. But to Yuri surprise, Jessica didn’t continue. She slowly open her eyes and saw the girl looking down at her. A lone tear escape her eyes. Yuri didn’t understand it. But she have to save herself, so with all the pain put aside, Yuri force herself up and distance herself away from Jessica.

 

“Why?”

 

She can’t help but asked. Jessica could have killed her and ended the battle. But she didn’t.

 

“Why what?”

 

“Why didn’t you kill me?”

 

Jessica didn’t answer and it frustrated Yuri. Jessica pick up Yuri glaive and throw it back at Yuri.

 

“We still have a fight. Pick up your weapon.”

 

Yuri calm her breathing and pick up her weapon. The cut on her shoulder is deep and it hurt every time she moved her arms. She can’t lose now. Earth survival depends on her. It was her duty to win this battle. It was her burden she carried around.

 

“I won’t let you win.”

 

Jessica put up again that smile Yuri saw earlier. She wasn’t mocking her but her smile. There’s something about that smile. Yuri felt she have seen it before.

 

“I know Yuri.”

 

Yuri charge forward swinging her glaive against Jessica. The other girl used her bare hand and grab hold of the sharp part of Yuri’s glaive. Yuri eyes widen in surprise. She look at the girl’s hand and saw blood dripping down. She look up and saw Jessica looking at her. But it wasn’t as intense as before. Her eyes, it was sad. Yuri slide her glaive down successfully pulling her glaive but Jessica left palm got hurt by it. There’s a deep cut on her palm. Jessica didn’t used her right sword to attack Yuri. Yuri jumped back with a curious look on her face.

 

“Why didn’t you attack me?”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“I'M ASKING YOU WHY?!”

 

Another lone tear rolled down Jessica cheek. Yuri saw Jessica left hand tremble. The pain must be getting into her.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

“You.”

 

Yuri was confused.

 

“Why?”

 

Jessica didn’t answer instead she lunged forwards swinging her right sword towards Yuri. It was a weak attack by the girl. Yuri evades it by turning left. Jessica stumble forward and Yuri used her glaive and stab Jessica right through her stomach. The other girl fall on the ground face first. Her sword on the ground to next to her. Yuri breathe heavily. She watch as Jessica body jerk a little. Why Jessica didn’t defended herself? Yuri throw away her glaive and knelt down next to the fallen enemy. She turn Jessica around and saw her enemy smiling at her. She didn’t know why but she place Jessica head on her lap. Watching Jessica struggling made her eyes almost tear up.

 

“You could have defended yourself.”

 

Jessica slowly reach for Yuri’s face. Yuri let her be. She felt Jessica palm on her cheek. Blood seeps from Jessica’s mouth.

 

“I- I could. B-But I can’t.”

 

“…”

 

“B-because I-I promise y-you.”

 

Yuri saw tears rolling down from Jessica’s eyes down to ground. Jessica inhale slowly and continue.

 

“I-I p-promise you t-that i-if I r-reborn again….”

 

Jessica struggle to breathe. Yuri held her trembling hand hoping Jessica would know she’s here.

 

“…. I-I’ll f-find y-you again.”

 

Yuri bite back the tears from coming out. She watch as Jessica caresses her cheek. The warmth from her palm felt so familiar. Jessica cough even more. She continue.

 

“D-Don’t y-you remember m-me Yul?”

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Yuri didn’t know what happen. She got Taeyeon phone call and the latter told her that Jessica had a fight with her father. This is what Yuri try to avoid since the first time they became official. She doesn’t want Jessica to go against her father for Yuri. She rather sacrifice her love than watch Jessica pushing her family away. Yuri called Jessica’s number again. Still no answer.

 

“Sica, please answer.”

 

Yuri look everywhere. She need to find Jessica now. No matter what, she need to find her. Her phone rings. Yuri quickly pick it up.

 

“Fany?”

 

“Yul, someone saw her down street. Remember Café 9? She’s there standing on the roadside.”

 

“Can you get there first Fany?!”

 

“I’m on my way but I’m a bit far!”

 

Yuri gritted her teeth. She’s the only closest to Jessica.

 

“I’ll go then! Thank you!”

 

Yuri ended the call. It was midnight and Yuri worried of Jessica’s safety. Her safety is far by important to her right now. Yuri move as fast as she can. Thank god its midnight or else the street would be fill with people and it would be hard for Yuri to walk fast. Once she got there, she search around. There stood in the middle of the road was Jessica with tears on her face.

 

“Jessica!”

 

Jessica turn around and saw Yuri running towards her.

 

“Y-Yuri?”

 

A relief smile forms on Yuri face the moment Jessica voice reach her ears. She moved even faster but then she saw a light coming from opposite of her. It was coming in fast.

 

“JESSICA! MOVE!”

 

Jessica who still too engrossed with watching Yuri coming towards her didn’t realize the situation she in. Yuri fasten her pace. She almost reaching her. Everything that’s happening was too fast.

 

Car screech.

 

Jessica froze on spot.

 

Yuri pushed Jessica.

 

Car hit Yuri.

 

Jessica flow back.

 

Yuri head hit ground first.

 

“YURI!”

 

Jessica felt her body sore from the pushed Yuri gave but force herself towards Yuri. She knelt down next to Yuri and held the girl in her arms. Tears rolling down her cheek the moment she saw Yuri face covered with blood.

 

“Yuri!”

 

“S-Sica..”

 

Jessica held Yuri trembling hand and lean closer to the girl. She saw Yuri fighting to breathe.

 

“No.No. Yuri stay with me!”

 

Yuri struggle to smile. With her left arm, Yuri reach upwards and place her palm on Jessica cheek. Jessica held her hand.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry.”

 

“Help please!”

 

Jessica scream her lungs out at the driver that just ramp towards her and Yuri. The driver quickly on phone. Jessica ignored him and focus back on Yuri.

 

“Sica…I-I love y-you.”

 

“Yuri please stay with me. Please.”

 

Yuri gave her that last smile before slowly closing her eyes. Jessica felt her hold loosen. When Yuri finally close her eyes and her hand fall on the asphalt, Jessica screams her lungs out crying for her name. It was all her fault.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

“S-Sica?”

 

Jessica smile the moment Yuri called her with that name. She slowly nod. The tears she’s holding back finally rolled down her cheek.

 

“Yul…I’m sorry.”

 

“No. Please don’t go. I lose you once. I can’t lose you again.”

 

Choking on her words, Yuri cry even more. Jessica gently shook her head.

 

“W-We’ll m-meet again. S-someday. I-I promise.”

 

With that being said, Yuri watch as Jessica exhale her final breath. Her arm falls on ground and her eyes close forever.

 

“NO!”

 

Yuri scream her heart out. She’s scream her lovers name.

 

“SICA!”

 

Yuri buried her face on Jessica chest crying her heart out. Suddenly her surrounding shaken. Two lights emerged; black and white.

 

“You won Heaven.”

 

“I won.”

 

Hearing those voice, Yuri look up and saw two man standing in front of her. The man in white smile at him.

 

“You save earth from destruction. Humans owe you, Yuri.”

 

Yuri gritted her teeth. So their life was a gamble? She wipe away her tears. She pick up Jessica sword and stood up. Hell watch in despise.

 

“What are you trying to do?”

 

“It was just a battle wasn't it?”

 

“It was necessary Kwon.”

 

“You didn't win.”

 

Yuri stab herself with Jessica sword as the two men watch her smiling back at them.

 

“We won.”

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Jessica killed herself a week after Yuri’s funeral. She couldn’t take it. She blame herself for Yuri’s death. She can’t live knowing Yuri isn’t there with her anymore. So she walk towards Yuri grave and stab herself. She died with her back leaning towards Yuri’s gravestone. Her family found her the next morning when they came searching for her. But it was too late.

 

 

…..

 

Yuri falls next to Jessica. She held her lovers hand. She smile.

 

“U-Until we meet again, Sica.”