See You Again

One Shots

MUSIC INFLUENCED BY :- SEE YOU AGAIN 

 

Yuri stood in front of a mirror for the longest time. Everything on her looks perfect and there’s nothing wrong with it. Her white blouse with a dark black blazer on top perfected with a dark black pant as a companion. A 2 inch high heels completed her look. She was granted a body that can perfected any kind of style she puts on; the Kwon Yuri style. Yuri looked at her own reflection once again. She button up her blazer. From behind of her, came in the stage personnel, Jiyoung.

 

“Are you ready Yuri?”

 

“It is the time already?”

 

Jiyoung gave a small nod.

 

“Okay. I’ll be there.”

 

Jiyoung took a step backwards and slightly bowed towards Yuri. She then got out and closed the door behind her leaving Yuri inside alone. Yuri inhale before slowly exhale in a calm manner. She closed her eyes.

 

“You can do this Yuri. You can do this.”

 

FLASHBACK

 

Yuri was nervous and it didn’t help with just in a few minutes, she would be standing on the stage that she had desperately dreamed of; her debut stage. If she screwed this up, she won’t get the same chance. It was now or never.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

She looked behind her and saw Jessica looking at her. She looked worried.

 

“I-I’m nervous.”

 

“We’ll be fine Yul.”

 

“I’m sweating a lot.”

 

Jessica lips tugged into a wide smile. She cupped the taller girl face.

 

“You’ll be fine. We’re going to go out there and gave our all. Right?”

 

Yuri placed her hands on top of Jessica’s.

 

“What if I made a mess and embarrass others? I’m scared. I don’t want to ruin our only chance.”

 

Jessica shook her head. She had known Yuri since they were just 10. The kind hearted Yuri who would always put others interest first. The one that willingly became the biggest lid in the team. It was normal watching this tan girl having doubt over herself. But they are in a group. Ups and down, they are all in this together.

 

“You won’t because we’re going to be there to catch you when you fall. I will.”

 

Yuri eyes glistening with tears. She pulled Jessica into a hug and let her head falls on her shoulder. Jessica wrapped her arms around Yuri’s waist.

 

“We’ll be fine. We both will.”

 

“Thank you Sica.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Yuri slowly opened her eyes and that moment when she looked at her reflection once again on the mirror, her nervous side diminish into thin air. As if she found confidence and courage just remembering her past.

 

“You’ll be fine Kwon Yuri.”

 

She turned around and walked out leaving through the same door Jiyoung had used. Now is her time.

 

…..

 

Yuri seated not too far from the stage. She can see things clearly from here and right now on the centre stage some cut scenes of a movie was recreated and acted once again. She hardly knew what was about it since she hadn’t had much time watching movies nowadays. So instead of focusing at the plays, she took the time and let her eyes wanders around. Not many faces that she recognized. Some were one that she knew back in her idol days. She would gave out a smile whenever they were looking at her. How lonely can it be when you have to sit down with people that you barely talk to? Yuri eyes travel even further when she caught Taeyeon smiling at her just 2 tables away. She replied with a wide grin. Next to Taeyeon was Tiffany. Next to the two table was Sunny who was waving at her and being a dorky herself, Yuri waved back even more earning some chuckled from other artists. How long has it been when the last time they had sat on one table?

 

FLASHBACK

 

All SNSD members occupied all the chairs for one table. 9 members and no one else. Just them. Crayon Pop is performing on centre stage singing to Bar Bar Bar. Hyoyeon nudged on Sooyoung.

 

“Follow me!”

 

Hyoyeon jumped from her seat and sat down again when Crayon Pop singing their famous chorus in the song. Sooyoung was laughing so hard while Yoona and Tiffany followed Hyoyeon. Sunny then interrupted them.

 

“Let synchronized it later!”

 

Everyone was laughing so hard with Sunny suggestion but when the song reached it chorus once again, all nine started playing along. It was chaos and it attracted other groups behind them and they were laughing at SNSD dorkiness. Even the lazy Jessica was playing too and not to forgot the uptight maknae, Seohyun. The 9 of them burst into a laughing fit.

 

“Guys, don’t make too much noise.”

 

Taeyeon tried to tune down the noises that her group members were making but it was way too funny for her too and she ended up laughing like crazy. But this is SNSD and this is how they handle with stress; just be silly.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

‘How are you Yul?’

 

Yuri somehow understood what Sunny mouthed. When was the last time she and Sunny had meet up? 6 months ago?

 

‘I’m fine. You?’

 

‘Okay. Let’s go for breakfast tomorrow? I miss hanging out with you.’

 

Yuri chuckled. She pulled out her phone and showed it to Sunny. Sunny made an apologetic face and pulled out her own phone. Yuri waited. Soon came her text.

 

I miss hanging out with you. Breakfast tomorrow?

 

Yuri smiled.

 

Sure. How about Taeny?

 

Yuri looked up and saw Sunny crinkled her nose. But knowing Sunny, Yuri knew she was playing around. Yuri received a reply.

 

I was joking. That sounded nice. Wait, I’ll asked them.

 

Yuri looked up and saw Sunny gesturing and mouthing something towards Taeyeon and Tiffany. The two looked at Yuri and gave double thumbs up. Yuri was grinning way too much. She typed in her phone and sent it to Sunny.

 

Assa!

 

Yuri watched as Taeyeon and Tiffany laughed so much when they received her text. Sunny wasn’t laughing at Yuri’s text but laughing at both Tiffany and Taeyeon. Yuri just shook her head.

 

“And now to give out this next award, we welcome two beautiful actresses; Im Yoona and Choi Sooyoung!”

 

Yuri, Sunny, Taeyeon and Tiffany was screaming so much on the mention of Sooyoung and Yoona’s name. It felt like some teenage fans came screaming for the two actresses. Yoona playfully waved at the four people while Sooyoung just smiled at them. Sooyoung leaned forward.

 

“What’s up Tokyo!”

 

Another loud cheers from the fans. Yoong using her hands gestured towards fans to scream even more. Tokyo Dome fills with screaming fans. Satisfied, Yoona continued.

 

“Is everyone okay?!”

 

Fans scream grew louder each time and it made the two actresses so happy with the response. Not just fans, Tiffany, Taeyeon, Sunny and Yuri were screaming their heart out too. Sooyoung flipped her cards and looked at Yoona.

 

“Yoona ah.”

 

“Uh?” Fans was smiling and giggling when Yoona replied with a confused face.

 

“When was the last time we met?”

 

Yoona thought for a while before answering.

 

“I think..9 months?”

 

“Really? Didn’t I see you two days ago?”

 

“That was Seohyun, Choi Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung faked a surprised look.

 

“Okay now we met.”

 

That earned a laughter from Yoona. Fans find it amusing how these two can playfully tease each other on stage. Yoona who had a wide smile shook her head.

 

“I’m so going to cancel that buffet food that I plan for you.”

 

“Yoona!”

 

Sooyoung quickly hugged Yoona.

 

“I miss you.”

 

Sooyoung and food. No matter how long time had passed, you can never separate them. They will always find each other. Fans were screaming at the two interaction. Yoona playfully pushed Sooyoung away and leaned towards the stage mic.

 

“And now, the nominees for composer/lyricist of the year.”

 

Everyone eyes were on the wide screen behind the two award givers. There were cheers for every nominees but the loudest cheers came for the last nominees.

 

“Kwon Yuri.”

 

…..

 

Seohyun leaned back while resting for a while. She had been training for days now for this on particular move for her latest musical.

 

“Unni, can we rest now?”

 

She can’t helped but felt her body can’t take it anymore. Hyoyeon looked down at Seohyun and shook her head with that crooked smile plastered on her face.

 

“You’re getting old huh maknae?”

 

“Shut up unni.”

 

Hyoyeon was laughing so much that her stomach actually did hurt.

 

“Ow Ow..”

 

Soehyun rolled her eyes and helped Hyoyeon sat down on the couch. She then propped down next to her.

 

“Hyun, switch on the TV. The award show.”

 

Seohyun did so and they both had their eyes glued on the show. Seohyun eyes widen.

 

“Sooyoung and Yoona unni!”

 

“Taeny and Sunny and Yuri!”

 

Hyoyeon was laughing at the 5 on shows with Seohyun. Then they heard Yoona announced the nominees for Composer/lyricist of the year awards.

 

“YURI AH!”

 

“Yuri unni!”

 

…..

 

Jessica put on her pajama and get ready to sleep. She was dead tired and the meetings seem to drag longer than usual. There were some issues regarding her Hong Kong shipping suppliers but it was resolved after a long and tired argument. This was her usual routine as B&E CEO. The brand that she worked hard for. Jessica strolled towards her bed. The moment her body made contact with her bed, a content sighed came out of . She took her TV remote and switched on her TV. There were some awards show going on. Jessica looked even more and then she remembered.

 

“The awards ceremony. I almost forgot.”

 

She raised up the volume just at the right moment when Sooyoung was talking.

 

“And the winner, oh my god.”

 

Yoona took a peek at Sooyoung opened card and can’t help but grinning even more.

 

“Should we announce it together unni?”

 

Sooyoung gave a nod. Together they announced it.

 

“COMPOSER OF THE YEAR GOES TO…. KWON YURI!”

 

Fans were cheering and Tokyo Dome filled with people screaing their hearts out for Yuri. Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny were the first to stroll towards Yuri and hugged her tight whispering congratulations at her. Other artists were standing and clapping in support for Yuri. They let go of Yuri and Yuri bowed towards other people before making her way upstage. Yoona and Sooyoung pulled her for a hug and just like Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny, they congratulated her too.

 

“Thanks guys.”

 

Yuri then received her award from Yoona and Sooyoung playfully pushed her towards a mic. Yuri glanced around hoping to calm herself down.

 

“Hi everyone.”

 

Fans were cheering so much. The loyal SONEs.

 

“This would be my first time receiving this award. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. To my family who never stop believing in me. To fans, thank you for your undying love. I forever will cherish this moment.”

 

Yuri stopped for a while. She looked towards Sooyoung and Yoona before glancing towards Sunny, Tiffany and Taeyeon down there.

 

“And lastly to the 7 girls who stood by my side no matter what. We had been through a lot and faced a lot. I’m the proudest of us. This is for you guys.”

 

Yuri ended her speech and let Yoona and Sooyoung hugged her once again. Deep inside, Yuri had been always been thankful. Always have.

 

Jessica sighed. Even after so many years, her name became a taboo in the industry. She shut off her TV and put away her remote. She knew Yuri couldn’t mentioned her name due to others individual contract. How long can they keep this up? She had no idea. Jessica was about to closed her eyes when her phone rings. Without looking at the caller id, she answered.

 

“Hello?”

 

“It’s been a long day without you my friend and I’ll tell you all about it when I see you again. We’ve come a long way from where we began oh, I’ll tell you all about it when I see you again. When I see you again.”

 

Jessica felt her tears rolling down her cheek. It was a happy tears not like before.

 

“Congratulations Yuri."

 

"Thank you Sica."

 

There were silence once more. Jessica took that chnace and wiped away her tears. she then heard Yuri singing again.

 

“So let the light guide your way, hold every memory as you go and every road you take will always lead you home. See you again Sica."

 

Jessica didn't bothered on wiping her tears away anymore. Just for tonight.