I'll Be Home

One Shots

 

~I’m dreaming tonight of a place I love, even more than I usually do.
And although I know it's a long road back, I promise you.~

 

 

“Yes daddy. Yeah I’m packing my luggage already. No, don’t worry. I promise you.”

 

The girl could only smile listening to her father rants of advices for her each time. Since 2 months ago, she had depends on her family each time. They understand her. They understand her needs. They promise they would always be there for her.

 

“I promise I won’t be late checking in.”

 

“Will he be sending you to airport?”

 

“No he won’t. Daddy stop worrying. I’ll be fine.”

 

She knew her father worried of her. That she’s glad for.

 

“Okay, I have to hang up now. I’ll see you soon.”

 

Ending the call, she sat down on her bed and look at her luggage. She hardly packing anything yet. Sighing, she looks at her pile of cloth on bed. One shirt grab her attention. Gently picking it up, a small smile appeared on her face.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Here. Merry Christmas bestie!”

 

The blonde girl could only laughed at her best friend eagerness. Every year this bubbly girl would buy her a present. It was never expensive but the thought that counts.

 

“Thanks Fany. What did you buy me?”

 

“Open it up!”

 

Tiffany literally scream at her in happiness. She shook her head.

 

“Fine.”

 

Tearing up the package, she opens up the box only to find a pink shirt. She can’t help but raised an eyebrow.

 

“It’s a pink shirt for you this Christmas! Do you like it?!”

 

Her loud voice ringing in her ears. But then she frown.

 

“Christmas colour is red Fany. Not pink.”

 

“Pink is red little sister. Keep it with you okay?”

 

She can’t help but rolled her eyes listening to this pink obsess girl. Tiffany suddenly saw snow falling down outside from the window.

 

“First snow!”

 

She pulled her friend and they both stood in front of the window admiring the view. Realizing something, she can’t help but speak up her mind.

 

“This is our third time watching the first snow together and at the same place too.”

 

“We did.”

 

She turned around and saw Tiffany smiling back at her. She can’t help but smiling back.

 

“Thank you for being here with me Fany.”

 

“I promise did I? Plus this moment right here is the best moment I have with you.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

The girl can’t help but reminiscing her past memory with a certain someone. She place the pink shirt inside her suitcase. After all, she promise her she would keep itwith her.

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

 

~I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me.

Please have snow and mistletoe, and presents by the tree.~
 

 

Walking down the hotel lounge, she can’t help but felt the coldness around. Temperature seems to be dropping as it approach December. A receptionist working notice her walking towards him. He smile.

 

“May I help you?”

 

“I’m checking out.”

 

“I thought you want to stay longer this time?”

 

She smile at him while placing down her card key.

 

“I’m going home for Christmas.”

 

The receptionist could only smile in understanding. It is nearing to Christmas. Some people go home and with cold weather, they just want to be home early. He asked her if he can get her a car but she refuse and tell him she had booked a cab earlier. She thank him and left. She stops in front of a big Christmas tree in the centre of the hotel lounge.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Why is your tree look a bit pointy?”

 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon can’t help but wonder. She didn’t expect their friend would decorate a Christmas tree like this.

 

“It’s different Soo, Hyo. Have you ever seen any tree like mine?”

 

Hyoyeon shake her head while Sooyoung walk around the tree. Well it does look different. Sooyoung poke on her tree and earn a slap from her friend. Hyoyeon laughed at Sooyoung.

 

“Yah! What as that for?!”

 

“You’re trying to ruin my tree.”

 

She glare at Sooyoung and Hyoyeon only to receive and evil smile her two best friend. She held her hand up trying to protect her tree.

 

“You do realize that I’m faster than you right?”

 

“Don’t you dare Hyo.”

 

Hyoyeon can’t help but laugh. Sooyoung on the other hand is still inspecting the tree. They try teasing her by playfully touch the tree. But quickly stop when they saw her sulking face.

 

“Okay, we won’t hurt that hideous tree.”

 

“It’s not hideous!”

 

Hyoyeon chuckle even more.

 

“Give me your phone.”

 

“What for?”

 

“Don’t you want take a picture and post in on Weibo?”

 

She can’t help but totally liking the idea. She gave her phone at Sooyoung. She set the camera on. Hyoyeon just grin behind Sooyoung watching Jessica hugging the Christmas tree.

 

“Ready? 1, 2, 3!”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

She can’t help but smile. Shaking her head, she pulled her luggage with her exiting the hotel. She spot a cab with the driver she’s familiar with. He opens up the door for her and help her out with her luggage.

 

“Where to Ms?”

 

“Airport. Thank you.”

 

 

 

….

 

 

 

Inside the cab, she can see the view of streets outside. She was never a talkative person so being in silence is her way enjoying the view.

 

“The light streets look nice right?”

 

She just hummed in agree with the cab driver. The view look nice. But she had a certain memory that she can relate with.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

“What are you doing Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon is seen making a video of the street with light on trees. Taeyeon ignored her and ends the video saying Merry Christmas. She then face her.

 

“I’m making a video for Sone.”

 

“With some tree covered in light bulbs?”

 

Taeyeon can’t help but grin. She didn’t expect the girl would understand.

 

“It’s like a Christmas tree with all the lights. Don’t you think so?”

 

She looks outside and can’t help but agree with Taeyeon. It does look like a Christmas tree with all the lights.

 

“Now you say it. It does look like it.”

 

“I’m genius right?”

 

“You’re crazy Taeyeon ah.”

 

“But we can dreams right?”

 

“Yes we can.”

 

Taeyeon just laughed back as a reply.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

“I have a certain memory that I can relate to this.”

 

The driver cab look at her through his back view mirror. He saw her with that dreamy smile of hers.

 

“I hope it was a good memory.”

 

Her lips tugged upwards forming a smile he had never seen before months knowing this girl every time she came here to Hong Kong.

 

“It is.”

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

Walking inside, she gone through immigration clearing herself in. She checked in her luggage and now only waiting for her flight calling.

 

“Oh my god. It’s you.”

 

She turned around a spotted a girl looking at her in surprise. She just smile and nods.

 

“Can I have a picture with you?”

 

“Sure.”

 

They position themselves and the girl mother took a picture of them. Once satisfied, she asked her a question.

 

“You’re alone?”

 

“Yes I am.”

 

“On holidays?”

 

“I’m going back home.”

 

“You should take care of yourself. It’s hard travelling alone.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Nodding she let the girl and her mother leave. A few years back, she almost had been traumatize with unpredicted scene happening to her.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

A lot of fans screaming their names. Fans gathered in airport hours before their departure. A lot of securities are placed along the pathway to protect them. But an incident occurs when she got injured while a guard shove her away. She barely recognize anyone but she can hear Yoona screaming her name. She was bought inside and saved instantly from the crowd. Yoona held her close hugging her with Seohyun watching her worriedly.

 

“Unni, it’s okay. You can stop crying.”

 

Yoona gently run her palm along her back calming down the older girl. Seohyun eyes b in tears. She hateds it when any of her sisters got hurt.

 

“Unni, here drink some water.”

 

Seohyun gave a bottle of water and help let her drink. Once done, she pats her back. Yoona looking at Seohyun in worries but the youngest just gave a nod.

 

“Thank you Ju Hyun. Thank you Yoong.”

 

“You’re safe with us, unni.”

 

She felt Yoona hugs her tighter. She always felt safe with these two younger friends. They might be young but sometimes they became her pillar of support holding her up when she falls. They became her hero at times.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

“Calling all passengers boarding on flight CX 142.”

 

An announcement interrupts her thought. She stood up and followed the line. It’s time to go home.

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

She closed her eyes and leans back on her seat. This is a long journey back. Thankfully travelling in first class is a great choice especially for someone like her. She was about to sleep when her eyes caught on two friends taking picture together. She slowly pulled out her phone and open the album folder. Inside there were countless picture of her and friends. Then she found a picture that made her smile.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Yuri looks around and saw their seats are a bit far from the rest. Managers probably couldn’t get them all near to each other. She sighed.

 

“We’re far from the others.”

 

The girl sitting next to her look at where Yuri is looking at. She can’t help but agree.

 

“This is not the first time Yul.”

 

“I know but..”

 

“Are you guys okay?”

 

One of the managers came just in time. Yuri was about to complain but stop when the girl next to her is sending a deathly glare at her. Complaining now is not a good idea. She saw the girl gave her phone to her manager.

 

“Oppa, can you take our picture together?”

 

“Sure.”

 

They both pose and their manager snap a picture of them. Giving back the phone, he left the two.

 

“Are you going to post that picture on your Weibo?”

 

Yuri saw the girl shake her head. She frowns.

 

“Why are you taking a lot of pictures of the two of us but never post it?”

 

“Just.”

 

“You know our shippers are going to get crazy out there if you post our picture together.”

 

Yuri gulped when the girl glare at her again. Such an Ice Princess.

 

“You never updates any of our pictures too. Don’t blame me alone.”          

 

Yuri sulked.

 

“That is because all of our pictures together is worth of memories that I don’t want to share with anyone else.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

Her friend was right. All of these picture of her and her friends has a story of its own. It keeps all her memories with them. Memories even on worth clinging on.

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

“We have reach our destination. The weather is a bit cold outside. Please be wary and stay healthy. Thank you for using our airlines.”

 

Safely landed, she easily got pass by and gathered her luggage. Once she arrive the arriving hall, she saw her father waving back at her.

 

“Daddy!”

 

They hugged for a few second before he helped her with her luggage. They get out of the airport and in his car driving back to their house. She saw Seoul streets after a long time staying in Hong Kong along the journey home. She’s not in a mood for a conversation and she just didn’t want to distract her father. She turns on the radio. She didn’t notice the frequency but a song called home is playing currently.

 

“I like this song.”

 

“Since when you like soul kind of song daddy?”

 

Her father just smile and focus back on the road. She closed her eyes and listen to the song. It is a nice song but something inside her felt the lyrics seems familiar. Something related to her. What was it?

 

“20th November 2014, Sunny FM Date start.”

 

She felt her heart skip a beat listening to that voice. She saw her father hand moving towards the radio maybe to turn it off but she stops her. He pulled away.

 

“With a song by Roy Kim..Home.”

 

“You don’t have to hear this honey.”

 

“No..”

 

Again he focus on the road. She keeps her silence listening to the DJ.

 

“Honestly, I get absent-minded listening to this song. I feel…like it’s my story. A song I want someone I know to listen to. I really can relate to the song.”

 

She bite back her tears when the DJ seems to be stopping for a while.

 

“I don’t think you’re listening but I hope you know that if you’re tired and alone, you can always come back home. It just something I wanted to say to a friend.”

 

A friend. A single tear roll down her cheek. Her father saw it. He held her hand and squeeze it gently.

 

“Honey..”

 

He couldn’t do anything at all. After all everything is a mess and he can just be here for her hoping she can go through everything despite the backlash. He knew she had never moved on. Not even once. How he wished he can take all the pain away for her. He just can’t after all, she had another home that she missed the most.

 

 

 

…..

 

 

 

24th December 2014

 

 

Everyone is back at home. It’s Christmas Eve. They always spent Christmas with family even though some of them didn’t really celebrate Christmas but its holiday and any holiday is worth spent with family.

 

 

 

 

 

Beep.

 

“Merry Christmas!”

 

 

Beep.

 

“Sooyoung don’t eat too much okay?!”

 

 

Beep.

 

“You’re still working now Sunkyu?”

 

 

Beep.

 

“Yuri let’s go skiing after Christmas!”

 

 

Beep.

 

“I need more food!”

 

 

Beep.

 

“Ju Hyun ah, don’t stay up late okay?”

 

 

Beep.

 

“Yoona! Lock the house before you go home!”

 

 

Beep.

 

“TaeTae, tell umma I miss her and Merry Christmas!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Beep.

 

“I miss home. I miss you guys. I miss us. Merry Christmas everyone.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Christmas Eve will find me, where the love light gleams.
I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams~