Chapter Six: Family

The Adventures of TaeTae and the Black Kitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TaeTae woke up when he felt someone carrying him. He opened his eyes and saw the owner of the shop smiling down at him. TaeTae lay on his arms as he got carried towards the hot fireplace in the middle of the living room. He spot the black kitten sleeping inside a basket with a blanket. The man slowly placed the puppy into another basket that was placed right beside the black kitten. TaeTae smelled the basket before laying down, yawning. ‘It’s been a long time since I felt this comfortable.’ With the soft bed beneath him and the warm fire heating his cold body, TaeTae fell asleep again.

 

The black kitten woke up after what it feels like years of sleeping. He opened his eyes slowly because his body still feels weak. The first thing he sees was a fire burning in front of him. His eyes shot open as he look around the unfamiliar place. He saw TaeTae sleeping next to him in another basket. He went towards the other with weak and shaking legs. He nudged the other awake by pawing on TaeTae’s cheek. TaeTae did not budge. The black kitten growled when he heard footsteps nearing. He turned and saw an unfamiliar man coming towards him with a bowl in his hand. He hissed at the man. The man stopped in his tracks, shocked.

“You’re finally awake, huh?” The man said and smiled at him. The black kitten look at him, shocked because nobody has ever smiled at him after all those years of living on the streets. The man knelt down. The black kitten backed away slightly, still feeling alarmed. The man placed a bowl of milk in between the two of them. The kitten sniffed the bowl, smelling something delicious. He slowly moved closer to the bowl because he felt hungry and at the same time, he is still scared of the man.

When he finally reached the bowl, he sniffed the white liquid before tipping his tongue out and tasted it. The kitten felt heaven in his mouth. He licked the liquid happily, forgetting about the man in front of him. All these while, he had been drinking water dripping from pipes and dirty water on the floor. The black kitten licked the liquid until none were left in the bowl. The man smiled and patted his head which made the kitten jumped back in shock. He hissed at the contact. The black kitten had not been close to a human before and he is not ready to be close to one yet.

The hissi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter