Chapter Five: Problem

The Adventures of TaeTae and the Black Kitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The black kitten opened his eyes when he felt something heavy on top of him. His eyes widened when he saw the little puppy sleeping on top of him. His head on his stomach, two front paws on his chest, his lower parts of the body laying limp on the ground. The black kitten could not move. He did not know how they got into this position.

Hey, get up! The black kitten shook a little to wake up the younger one but the other just whined and went back to his dreamland. The black kitten groaned before giving up. He laid back down, eyes looking at the morning sky. He felt the other snuggling closer to him. He just ignored the heat raising to his face and the loud beating of his heart, hoping the sleeping puppy did not hear it.

After a few minutes, TaeTae finally woke up. He slowly opened his eyes and stared tiredly to nothing before finally waking up. He jumped up when he realised the black kitten was staring at him from underneath him. S-Sorry.

Was it that comfortable? The black kitten asked.

TaeTae shyly nodded his head. You were warm and your soft purring were nice to sleep on… TaeTae said, feeling embarrassed at his words. Same goes to the black kitten.

Before the older could say another word, his ears perked up at a familiar sound. He widened his eyes and stood up quickly. TaeTae looked at the other in confusion. What’s wrong?

We need to get out of here. Let’s go. The black kitten ran off first, followed by the puppy. TaeTae just followed the other, not knowing what is happening. He heard footsteps from far away but he did not know who.

They ended up into an alley and hid behind a dirty, green trash bin. The two panted for air as they took a rest. W-What’s happening? Why are we running away?

The kitten shushed him by putting his paw on the other’s mouth. The footsteps came nearer as both of them held the breath.

“Anything?” They heard someone asked.

“Nope. Let’s go.” Another voice was heard before the footsteps ran off again.

The black kitten gave out a sigh of relief and remove his paw from the other’s mouth. Who are they?

They are officers. They will take us away if we are caught. The other said.

Why? TaeTae asked. He did not do anything wrong so there is no reason that he needs to be captured.

It’s because we are stray animals. Homeless, dirty animals. No one wants us, so if we were to be taken by them, we will be put into cages and will be given no freedom at all. The black kitten explained.

Oh. TaeTae is speechless. He felt bad all of the sudden. He looked at the other. ‘He must have gone through a lot since he had been homeless since the start…’

The black kitten turned when he noticed the other was silent. He stared back at the other. What? Why are you looking at me like that?

TaeTae said nothing but went closer to the other and the other’s ear. The black kitten jumped in surprise. TaeTae smiled sadly at the other. You must have gone through a lot.

The black kitten’s expression soften at the other’s words. ‘For the first time, someone cares about me.’ The black kitten smiled and the other’s forehead in appreciation. TaeTae’s heart beats rapidly.

Their moments were interrupted when shadows appeared from the other side of the trash bin. The two stopped what they were doing. The older smelled the air and hissed when he knows who is at the other side.

I know you are there, Nam. The black kitten hissed.

What are you two lovers doing, huh? Hiding behind a trash bin, doing what lovers do. That is plain disgusting. Nam’s voice was heard.

The black kitten came out from their hiding and faced the other. TaeTae tried to stop him, but to no avail. The older just looked at him, whispering. Stay here.

TaeTae frowned. He hated being the weak one. He is a dog for goodness sake. Cats hate dogs. Cats are supposed to be afraid of dogs. But here he is, afraid of a cat.

Leave us alone, Nam. The kitten said, glaring at the older.

Why? So that you could do your disgusting stuffs together? The orange cat smirked, showing his sharp fangs.

Don’t talk like that. The black kitten snarled. Number one, the way the other said it was rude. Number two, he is em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter