Chapter 2

Please... Look at Me

----------------------------------------------------------

I don’t wanna run away but I can’t take it, I don’t understand

If I’m not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?

Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

(If You’re Not the One – Daniel Bedingfield)

----------------------------------------------------------

 

"Chaerin, where’s my book? I need it for the next exam," Seungri searched through piles of messy books.Chaerin only looked at him briefly before returning her attention back to the magazine she was reading.

 

"How should I know? Find it yourself, there."

 

Seungri stopped his activities and sighed. Lee Chaerin had never changed.

 

"Don’t joke anymore, Chaerin. Where's my book?"

 

Chaerin frowned behind her magazine. She didn’t like that demanding tone of Seungri’s voice like this, and she wasn't afraid. So what? Since their childhood, Lee Seungri also had never changed; the bespectacled wimp who was too pious.

 

"I told you, there means there.Don’t you understand?" Chaerin closed her magazine and took another one. But Seungri was faster, he captured that magazine first.

 

"Don’t read anymore, help me."

 

"Name ten VERY IMPORTANT reasons why I should help you."

 

"One to ten, because you're the one who borrowed it yesterday."

 

Chaerin dropped her body into her bed and hugged her pillow. "So what? You need it, you look for it."

 

"Chaerin ah," Seungri pleaded. He knew how it would always work, especially when he added his teary eyes,it would only take five seconds for her to...

 

"Okay, okay! Sheesh, how troublesome!" Chaerin rose from her bed and messed her already messy room. Seungri smiled with satisfaction. He’d told you already, Chaerin had never changed. In that case and in terms of her ability to make Seungri's heart wanted to burst in pleasure.

 

---***---

 

"Chaerin, why do you hate Seungri?" That question came so suddenly, like a lightning in broad daylight. Chaerin fell silent. Sit beside her, Jiyeon was still faithfully waiting for her answer.

 

"What do you mean?" Chaerin choked.

 

"Ever since our first grade in elementary school, you always disturb him, right? Does he do something wrong?” Jiyeon continued pouring her with questions. Her loud voice made the people in that canteen diverted their attentions.

 

Chaerin fell silent again, this time in a shorter frequency. "Nothing."

 

"Then, why?"

 

"I just don’t like him." DEG! Chaerin’s heart beated faster. That was a lie, it was a lie, but only she and God knew the truth.

 

Jiyeon wrinkled forehead signed that she did not understand, "That’s the reason? What'd you don’t like about him? He's smart, kind, gentle, he’s just perfect! Well, maybe he is a bit geeky, but I've seen him without glasses, and he is VERY charming!"

 

Chaerin suddenly snapped, "It’s up to me whether I want to hate him or not, right?!"

 

Jiyeon was surprised, didn’t imagine herself will receive a harsh answer. Chaerin lifted her tray of food and left Jiyeon alone.

 

Jiyeon had just realized it after a few seconds of silence. She grumbled irritably, "What is she angry about? I just want to ask..."

 

She rose from her seat and she realized everyone had been watching the scene with rounded eyes of curiosity. Quickly she walked out of there, unfortunately didn’t see a man wearing glasses who also had been watching that scene with an expression that couldn’t be understood.