Chapter 4

Please... Look at Me

----------------------------------------------------------

Love isn’t always as you see it

Love isn’t always as you dream it should be

Love isn’t always gonna find you

But this is love

Cause you’re all I’m thinking of

(Love Isn’t – Same Same)

----------------------------------------------------------

 

"Chaerin? Why are you here?"

 

Chaerin tightened her arms on Youngbae’s left arm. “Ah, what a coincidence to see you here. Hey, meet my boyfriend."

 

Maybe Chaerin and Youngbae didn’t realize it, but Seungri's face hardened in a second.

 

Youngbae ed his right hand, "Hi, my name’s Youngbae."

 

Seungri just stared at the hand before he welcomed it. "Seungri, Lee Seungri."

 

"I've heard from Chaerin, you’re childhood friends, right?"

 

Seungri forced a smile, "Yes."

 

Chaerin looked around searching for something. Seungri looked at her puzzled. "What?"

 

"Where's your girlfriend?"

 

Seungri raised an eyebrow. "Why should she be here?"

 

So he really had a girlfriend? “You said you’re dating these days."

 

"She gets another job today."

 

Somehow Chaerin exhaled a sigh of relief. Seungri did not realize it, but Youngbae began to smell something.

 

"Well, we should go now," said Youngbae, hugging her waist and pulling her close.

 

Youngbae and Chaerin waved at him briefly before disappearing. Seungri could only stare at them, staring at Youngbae’s hand which was embracing Chaerin so easily. Without realizing it, someone had approached him, hit him and shouted, "Hey! I’m sorry I’m late."

 

Seungri tried to manage his face, "Come on."

 

Daesung frowned, "Hey, what happened to you? Why are you look like you want to cry? Is it because I hit you too hard? Or because you're waiting too long? I said I’m sorry."

 

Seungri hit him softly, "I’m okay. It's just that I get a little headache. Sorry, but I must go."

 

"Hey! I've just arrived, you know!"

 

---***---

 

"Satisfied?" Youngbae asked,but the girl next to him just stared forward blankly.

 

"Chaerin?"

 

Chaerin woke up, "Ah, yes? What did you say?"

 

Youngbae sighed, "I know you just asked for my help to pretend to be your boyfriend, but if your reaction was so flat like that I will be hurted too, you know?"

 

Chaerin looked at him didn’t understand, "Why?"

 

Slowly Youngbae’s face was in front of Chaerin’s. It’s too close.

 

"Wait..."

 

Someone’s gasped made Chaerin and Youngbae snapped. In an instant Chaerin felt like her heart had fallen to her stomach. Her face was so pale.

 

"Seung...ri..?"

 

With a look of guilty Seungri scratched his head which wasn’t that itchy. "Uh, sorry if I disturb you, I just want to give you this."

 

He approached that two people who were still frozen, and put two sheets of paper in Chaerin’s hand.

 

"This is...?" Chaerin read the writings on the paper; two pieces of theme park tickets. Seungri...he remembered his promise!

 

"I want to take you there later, but it looks like you've got someone who can accompany you. Okay, bye," Seungri went away running. Chaerin was about to chase him, but her hand was held back.

 

"Chaerin, don’t go..." Youngbae pleaded, but Chaerin didn’t hear him. She jerked her arm loose from his grip and ran away.

 

"Seungri! Seungri, hear me out!" It was no use. The distance between them was still too far, Seungri wouldn’t be able to hear her. The high heels she was wearing just made it harder for her to run.

 

"Seungri!"

 

CKIITTT!

 

The sound of iron hitting bones was deafening Chaerin. She fell. She did not know what had happened, but cries of a lot of people make her a little surprised. Since when there were so many people here? It turned out that she had been unknowingly running for red lights. Chaerin looked forward her, and her heart stopped pumping blood immediately.

 

Seungri was there, lied still, covered in red on all over his body.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

I’d take another chance, take a fail

Take a shot for you

And I need you like a heart needs a beat

But it’s nothing new

 

It’s too late to apologize, it’s too late

I said it’s too late to apologize, it’s too late

Too late

(Apologize – One Republic)

----------------------------------------------------------