Final Chapter

Please... Look at Me

His body felt so light, so peaceful. But something was missing; there was an empty spot in his heart.

 

Where was she?

 

He looked around. Ah, there she was, crying endlessly...

 

There was only three times in his entire life he’d seen Lee Chaerin crying. The first was when her dog died seven years ago. The second, it was when his parents decided to divorce and leave her alone to live with his grandmother. And the last, at this time. But he’d never seen her crying so sadly, like today.

 

Why? Why did she cry? He was right there, right behind her! Just look back, and she would see him!

 

Why? Why didn’t she realize him? Why didn’t she turn around and smile at him? Why?

 

Then, somehow, he understood. So, that’s why. Their situations had changed. He could no longer be by her side, and likewise with her.

 

For some reasons this fact didn’t make him as shaken as he thought he would be before. Well, which man wouldn’t feel proud to know that he had exchanged his life for the safety of his beloved one?

 

That man whom he had seen together with Chaerin before was also there. With his back to him, he put his arm gently around Chaerin’s body which was still shaken. Seungri knew, his feelings for Chaerin didn’t differ much with him. And he was relieved.

 

While crowd around them were gathering more and more, without knowing he was back at his memory, when they brought up that issue of sunflower. She was lying, that wasn't the meaning of sunflower. She thought he didn’t know the answer, but obviously he was the one who read a lot between them. If he didn’t know, did she think he would even dare to give her the same flower two years ago? And she didn’t even understand what he meant.

 

A beam of light shone at him warmly. He knew it was his time to go. He saw everything around him, just wanted to save this scene as his last memory. Ah, he forgot something

 

He approached and whispered in Chaerin’s ear, "Saengil chukka, saranghae..."

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Think of me

Think of me fondly when we’ve said goodbye

Remember me once in a while

Please promise me you’ll try

 

We never said our love was evergreen

Or as unchanging as the sea

But if you can still remember

Stop and think of me

 

Recall those days

Look back on all those times

Think of the things we’ll never do

There will never be a day when I won’t think of you

(Think of Me – David Archuleta)

----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The meaning of sunflower: “Look at me”