Chapter 3

Please... Look at Me

----------------------------------------------------------

What about now?

What about today?

What if you’re making me all that I was meant to be?

What if our love never went away?

What if it’s lost behind words we could never find?

(What About Now - Westlife)

----------------------------------------------------------

 

"Chaerin, tomorrow's your birthday, right? What gift do you want from me?"

 

Chaerin looked surprised, "You asked me what I want?  Isn’t that supposed to be a surprise?"

 

Seungri shrugged dismissively. "Well, two years ago when I gave you a gift, you scolded me because it wasn’t what you want. Rather than being shouted again, I'd better ask first, right?"

 

Chaerin tilted her head again, trying to find that piece of memory in her thousand memories with Lee Seungri. Oh, that incident.

 

"Of course, who in his right mind will give someone who detested flowers one bucket of sunflowers on her birthday? It’s YOU, the only one in this entire world."

 

Seungri looked surprised, "Really? But you gave it to me once, when I was sick!"

 

"W.. When! I never ...!" shouted Chaerin frantically. She turned her head away. At times like this she always regretted her white skin which was too sensitive.

 

Seungri laughed. Clear laughter, sounded so melodious in Chaerin’s ears; her favorite laughter. If she was not in a situation like this, she would have laughed too.

 

"Don’t lie! I know it was you who gave it to me!"

 

"How could you possibly know! You don’t even see me put that flower in front of your window!"

 

"How do you know that flowers were laid in front of my window?"

 

Chaerin hit her own head in irritation. Stupid mouth!

 

Seungri’s laughter kept flowing, and after he managed to ease it, he asked again, "If you don’t like flowers, then why did you give it to me?"

 

"That's... it's because once I read in a magazine about the language of flowers, and... and it said sunflower means... 'Get better'! Yeah, right, it was for you to get quick recovery," said Chaerin, couldn’t look in his eyes. Even the most stupid person would able to see her lies.

 

Seungri nodded understanding, but his eyes contained a mystery, "Oh ... okay, so what do you want for your birthday?"

 

Chaerin thought for a moment, "Give me a pearl necklace, white gold rings, bracelets..."

 

“Wait, wait! My money is not enough for it!" cut Seungri shocked.

 

"If you don’t want to buy them for me, then it means you have to take me to theme park this Sunday," said Chaerin lightly, differed much with her heart which continued beating hard.

 

Seungri shook his head. "I will, but I can’t. At least, not this week."

 

Chaerin still managed to look unconcerned, but in her heart she sank. "Why? You have a date?"

 

Seungri looked wondering, "Well... Maybe you can say so, but when a guy walks with... Hey, Chaerin, where are you going?"

 

His question was answered by the sound of door’s slamming.