Chapter 1

Please... Look at Me

----------------------------------------------------------

The most beautiful moment of my life is…

When I loved you after meeting you

Now I know that

You’re the biggest gift of my life

(Gift – K-Will)

----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Give it back!”

 

She turned and grinned naughtily, looking at the short boy right in his eyes and penetrated his heart.

 

“Why?” she asked without the slightest guilt.

 

“I want to read, I need my glasses,” said the boy kept trying to reach for his glasses which were in her hand who was still held high.

 

"You're smart enough," she said, still with a line of evil grin on her tiny lips.
 

"I don’t read just for studying. Now give it back." The boy stared sharply, trying to hide his fast heartbeat behind his stiff face.
 

Suddenly, the girl threw those poor glasses into the middle of the pond. The boy paused, looked at her in disbelief, but the girl just showed her disheartening smile.
 

“Take that if you can!” she shouted as she ran away, leaving him alone in that park.

 

---***---

 

"Lee Seungri.”

 

There was no answer.

 

"Lee Seungri?" That voice began to demand. A boy in blue sensed it and exclaimed, "Seungri’s absent, Bom seonsaengnim."

 

"Do you know why, Daesung?"

 

"Dara ajumma said he got a fever."

 

Daesung's words made a person in the class gasped.

 

"Well, is he okay?" Bom asked anxiously. Daesung just shrugged. Bom then glanced around the room.

 

"Anyone willing to see Seungri and lend him notes of today’s lessons?"

 

A hand raised fast. "Me!"

 

Bom looked toward source of the voice, "Oh, well Jiyeon, but remember to lend him another notes, okay? Don’t lend him yours; he might hurt his eyes again."

 

The room was full with laughter, only two people who didn’t participate enlivening the atmosphere. Jiyeon who was pouting now and...she who still managed to keep her hand from raised before.

 

---***---

 

"You still can’t go to school tomorrow?"

 

Seungri coughed before replying, "Omma won’t allow me. Just now, I got up from my bed and my mother has scolded me."

 

Jiyeon looked at him curiously. “Why did you get a fever, by the way? You still could play with us yesterday."

 

Seungri smiled that smile again. Someone knew the meaning of that smile, and she gasped. Her voice makes Seungri and Jiyeon in unison turned their heads to the window.

 

"What's that?"

 

Seungri fell silent. His eyes looked so deep as want to penetrate the wall. Then he muttered, "Maybe it's just a cat. Minji ajumma keeps six cats in her house next door."

 

Jiyeon was stunned. "WOW! Cool! You have to take me there someday, okay!"

 

Seungri grinned, but the expression of sadness crossed his face. For some reasons.

 

Tok tok!

 

Dara entered with a tray of two cups of milk tea, wet towel and a thermometer.

 

"Jiyeon ah, thank you for coming. This, drink it. Seungri ah, open your mouth."

 

Seungri opened his mouth and Dara immediately stuffed the thermometer while Jiyeon was sipping her drink.

 

"Careless child, you had been in third grade of elementary school and yet you still fell in to pond, and moreover in this season. Oh, wait for omma, kay? Five more minutes, omma will back."

 

Jiyeon nodded in understanding. She looked at Seungri who couldn’t say anything because of the thermometer. Seungri looked toward the window. Jiyeon turned her head toward the window too. There's only blue sky with a little white clouds.

 

"What’s wrong, Seungri ah?" she asked.

 

Seungri ignored her and got up from his bed. He approached the window and opened it. The cold wind hit him, made ​​him shiver, but from the corner of his eye he caught a sunflower that had been quite withered, placed on the edge of the window frame.