Valentine's Day

Finding Home

            The cold night air was shut out as the automatic doors slid closed behind Xiumin, who was taking a deep breath of the warm air in the supermarket. It was unusually cold for February. Xiumin was aware of that, and he slid off his gloves to rub his hands together, grateful they were no longer so numb and stiff. He navigated through the mostly empty store to find what he came for, but in front of the display he stood still, unsure of what to do from here. He took it all in with wide eyes that darted around the shelves. What am I going to do? This was such a bad idea…

 

            The idea in question had come to him last night. Well, not so much ‘come to him’ as was ‘forced on him’. He was having dinner with his family when it came up.

            “So,” his mother began, spooning out the rice, “it’s February now, and you know what that means.” Her eyes settled on Xiumin with a knowing look.

            “Oh, we’re finally done with January! Is it just me, or did it feel oddly long somehow?” Amber said.

            “So it wasn’t just me!” Jimin agreed brightly, “January went on forever this year!”

            “That’s not what I mean silly,” Mom was feigning nonchalance but Xiumin’s eyes narrowed suspiciously. You’re up to something. “Isn’t there something coming up soon?”

            Xiumin set down his glass of water and looked up at her evenly, “Mom, are you talking about Valentine’s Day?”

            “Yes! Valentine’s Day of course,” she smiled at him. It came across as somewhat sly, “What are you planning?”

            “Uh, nothing?” Xiumin admitted blankly.

            “Oh, you’re not going to try to spend it with anyone special?” She sounded disappointed.

            Xiumin groaned, “Mom, are you trying to set me up with Suho again.” Amber snorted at the awkward memory.

            “Oh, no no. God, no. That was a bad idea. No, I was thinking of someone else.” She said vaguely, taking a bite of her food innocently. Afterward she mumbled, “Maybe… somebody with super cute dimples or something…”

            The table all laughed and Xiumin blushed bright red. He tried to compose himself with a deep breath, but his voice came out shrill and cracked when he asked, “Are you asking about Lay?” through gritted teeth.

            “Ah, yes. He’s such a kind young man, don’t you think? He’s the kind of boy that deserves something for Valentine’s Day. I’m not trying to interfere with your love life or anything”-Lies, that is exactly what you’re doing-“but in my opinion, you ought to get him something.”

            Xiumin fell silent for the remainder of the meal, pondering the idea. He’s so kind, she’s right that he deserves a valentine. Maybe I should get him something.

 

            But that was much easier said than done. Standing in front of the shelves full of options he began to panic. I could get him a card, right? A card’s always cute, and I could tell him how I really feel… Wait, , how do I even feel?            

            Xiumin froze, eyes wide. Do I… do I actually like Lay? I’ve only known him… for what? Barely even two months. Is that enough time? Okay hold the up, let me think this through for a second. Xiumin began pacing in the aisle, looking at the floor tiles because that was easier than having to face all the cheesy love confessions written in varying shades of pink or red all over the aisle on different items. The fluorescent lights felt overly bright as he took a deep breath to avoid flipping out.

            Okay, okay, what do I know about him? His dimples are super cute, that has been established. He shot a weak glare in the general direction of his house, wondering if his mom would ever let that go. I know that I like his smile, that’s for certain. But him as a person? He’s generous. He’s hard working. He’s silly. He’s good at hand games beyond mortal comprehension. At that, Xiumin thought back to when Lay had tried to teach that god-forsaken hand game (numbers, was it called?). Remembering that moment when Xiumin had made a mistake and Lay held his hands to soothe him made him blush, he paused from pacing to rub at his neck. Okay, so I know that I really like the way his hands feel in my own. But thinking of that moment reminded him of other things that happened. Didn’t we lean towards each other after holding hands? Right before Amber came in? Holy . We leaned towards each other after holding hands. He gasped in surprise, he had honestly forgotten about that. A worker passing by looked at him in surprise when he let out the sound and he blushed a brighter red before proceeding back to his pacing. Holy holy holy . Were we going to-was I trying to… oh God, I think I tried to kiss him. Why the hell did he not try to lean away? HE WAS LEANING TOWARDS ME ??? Does this mean that he… might…. Like me?

            Xiumin took off his hat, carding his fingers through his auburn hair and trying to relax. No, he probably doesn’t. Just. Just focus on whether or not I like him. So I know I like his smile, and his overall appearance is actually gorgeous. I know I like holding his hands. I know that when I tried to kiss him he didn’t attempt to-no, no. Xiumin, get a ing grip, don’t focus on such things. Pull yourself together, man. What else… oh! I also know that after I won that soccer game and I picked him up to prove my strength, that it felt nice to… hold him, and… hearing his bubbly laughter, especially so close to my ear, was… incredible, and it made my heart feel like it was soaring and I… I think I know what that means.

            It was nearing closing time when Xiumin finally made his selection. As he made his way to the register, he realized with an embarrassed flush that he was the last in the store. After paying, he hastily made his way out the door, zipping his coat higher to try to block out the wind. It came in at the wrist openings in his coat, whipping up his arms and running down his back. He shivered at the sudden chill and pulled the bag closer in a protective gesture, worrying his bottom lip between his teeth. I hope you like it, Lay.

 

            “So he didn’t tell you why he wanted you to come over?”

            “Nope,” Lay replied, shrugging at Chen from his bed, bending forward to pull on his shoes.

            “You do realize it’s Valentine’s Day don’t you?”

            “Yep.”

            “And you’re not at all suspicious of his reasons for inviting you over to his place on the evening of Valentine’s Day, while his family isn’t there?”

            “Uh, no. Why? Are you thinking I’ll be murdered? Are you suggesting malicious intent?”

            “No, actually the complete opposite. The evidence shows that things may get physical, but not in an act of violence, unless you are more than I believe you to be,” Chen wiggled his eyebrows and Lay snorted, “This is his chance to profess his undying love!” he cried, his hands over his heart, “Oh! How romantic.” He flung himself back on the bed, closing his eyes and smiling.

            Lay laughed, “I’m sure Xiumin is not going to profess his love for me… or whatever else you’re imagining.” He completed the second half of his statement with a disgusted shudder.

            “Are you crazy? He totally is!” Chen heaved a loud sigh, “I wish I had love like you youngsters. But sadly, I am doomed to drift in the never-ending abyss of the single life.”

            Lay rolled his eyes, “I think you’re forgetting about Suho?”

            “Lay, darling, you forget. I need a man. And Suho, well he’s a god. Of course, he’ll have to come to terms with how wildly in love he is with me, but that could take foreeevvvvveeeerrr,” his voice grew whiney, “He’s such a coward. But he’s a cute coward, so I can wait.”

            “So,” Lay began, holding in the laughter, “let me get this straight: Suho is madly in love with you?”

            Chen huffed, “Clearly. Have you seen the poor boy? He just drools over my glorious body and my devilish good looks non-stop. I mean really, it’s hopeless. But who could blame him, I am a sight to be seen.”

            “Ah, yes of course.” Lay agreed, mainly to shut him up, “Oh! You just reminded me.” He pulled a paper from a box at the bottom of his closet and placed it near Chen’s head, “Here.”

            Chen picked up the piece of paper, before realizing it wasn’t a piece of paper, but a photograph. It looked like it had been taken on Xiumin’s couch. Chen himself took up most of the couch, and therefore the photo, but someone else was over on the side, near Chen’s head. Chen flopped over with the photo in his hands and squinted down at it in the light. It looked like the outline of Suho, but that couldn’t be right. Their arms were wound around each other’s, heads facing each other and foreheads nearly touching. Chen smiled, letting out a soft, “Awwww.”

            Lay grinned. There was something sweet in the way Chen was gazing at the photo so dreamily, “You like it?”

            “I am just. Wow. I mean, I am really so touched, that you would improve your photo shop abilities behind my back to make something so cute.” Chen pretended to dab at tears.

            “But this wasn’t photo shop! It happened! When we were at Xiumin’s and you took a nap on their couch. Remember?”

            “But Suho wasn’t there that day.”

            “He actually was, you just didn’t know because he was playing soccer in the backyard. He hurt his ankle and went to rest on the couch… that was how I found you two.” Lay explained. Chen fell quiet, opting to trace over their nearly entwined bodies with the tip of his finger instead.

            When Chen finally spoke again, his voice was soft, and his eyes didn’t leave the photo, “Do you think he’ll be over there tonight?”

            “I don’t see why not, it seems he’s usually with Xiumin. We should get going, though.” And with that, Lay tugged his jacket on to one arm and left the room forcing his arm through the other side. Chen scribbled something on the back of the picture, jamming it into his pocket and running after Lay, hoping he wouldn’t notice the subtle flush on his cheeks.

           

           Xiumin’s heartbeat was racing as he sat on the couch, awaiting Lay’s arrival. He took a deep breath, but it did little to help the way his heart felt like it was ramming into his ribcage a million times a minute. Should music be playing? That’s what they do in the movies, to “set the mood” or whatever. But is that overdoing it? Xiumin let out a frustrated sigh, wishing he had more experience. This was the first time he had ever done anything like this, and he wanted it to be perfect.

           He didn’t think his heart rate could possibly be going any faster, but he soon realized that he was mistaken when he openned the door and saw Lay smiling sweetly on the other side. Those god damn dimples are going to give me a heart attack, I swear they’ll be the death of me.

            But what really brought him to a frozen flatline was when he saw Lay was not alone.

            “Heyyy Xiumin! Good to see you!” Chen said with a grin, proceeding to walk past the stunned silent Xiumin and going in to sit at the couch.

            “Sorry,” Lay said sheepishly, “You didn’t specify if he could come so I assumed it would be fine, I still should have checked with you though. It’s okay isn’t it?”

            He tilted his head to the side curiously, and Xiumin wanted to smack himself for being so blind. Lay was so cute and polite, and Xiumin was so certain of how much he liked him in that moment that he found himself wondering how he had found himself so unsure of it just yesterday. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind so he could answer, “Yeah, it’s fine I guess, it’s just that I wanted to talk to you.”

           “Oh? About what?”

            “Well, uh, I…”

             Before he could even try to figure out where he was going with that, Chen spoke from inside, “Oh my god Lay get in here right now! These chocolates are amazing.” He shoved a handful of truffles in his mouth, at the wonderful taste. Xiumin cringed. He had picked those out specifically for Lay. They were really expensive and delicious and really expensive.

             “I’ll be right there!” Lay called back, then he spoke to Xiumin in a softer voice, “Can we continue this later?” He smiled apologetically.

             Honestly, Xiumin was a goner as soon as he saw those dimples, “Yeah, okay.”

            They sat on the couch together and Lay tasted a chocolate, “Whoah, Xiumin, these are absolutely divine.”

            Xiumin smiled, pleased with himself, “Yeah, well, I was hoping you would like them.”

            “Mission ing accomplished bro,” Chen said around another mouthful of chocolate.

            Xiumin gave him a tense smile.

            “You know, I heard that there’s this chemical in chocolate,” Chen tossed a piece in his mouth, “that mimics a chemical the brain produces when you’re falling in love,” he tossed another piece of chocolate in, “so if you want someone to be in love with you,” another piece, “you’re supposed to get them chocolate.” He concluded, grabbing a final piece of chocolate.

            “Yah Xiumin, he found you out, so are you trying to get me to fall in love with you? Huh?” Lay poked at Xiumin’s side teasingly.

            Xiumin let out a nervous, high-pitched laugh that sounded more like a cat screeching than anything else. He swiped at a sudden sweat on the side of his forehead.

            “I’ll be sure to give Suho a healthy dosage before he sees you,” Lay added, turning to Chen. Chen nodded approvingly.

            “Suho?” Xiumin asked, confused.

            “Is he here yet?” Lay asked, nibbling at a piece of chocolate.

            “Don’t you be hiding him from me again,” Chen warned, waving a truffle threateningly.

            “Uh, he’s not here at all. I can go invite him if you want?” Xiumin looked between the two of them, feeling lost.

            “Yes, please,” Chen said, the words muffled by the chocolate in his mouth. Xiumin pulled out his phone and sent the message, as he put his phone back in his pocket, he felt Lay gazing at him.

            “Thank you,” Lay said, smiling warmly.

            Xiumin blinked at him, carefully observing his features and trying to remember how to function like a normal human being. “I, uh, well you’re, you so beaut-“ he cleared his throat awkwardly, “Anytime.”

            They gobbled up the rest of the truffles, talking about nothing in particular, discussing the weather and Xiumin’s family and whether or not it was possible to eat your weight in chocolate in one sitting.

            “Hey, Xiumin,” Lay said, when they reached a pause in the conversation, “What did you want to discuss earlier?”

            “Oh, well,” he cleared his throat, “I wanted to-“

            “Excuse me, I don’t mean to interrupt,” Chen spoke up, leaning forward to see Xiumin from around Lay, “But I’m out of chocolate and that’s a problem for me.”

            Xiumin counted down from ten in his head, I am a righteous man. He sighed and responded in a deflated tone, “There’s another bowl of white chocolate over by the door.” He had bought milk, dark, and white chocolate, even some caramel, to be sure that Lay would like at least some of it.

            Chen waddled back over with the bowl, munching away happily, “Thank you!” He plopped back on the couch and resumed his eating position.

            “You wanted to what?” Lay prodded gently.

            “Oh,” Xiumin said, remembering, “It’s just that I really wanted to tell you that I’ve done some thinking lately, and I’ve come to realize-“

            The doorbell went off.

            “Suhoooooooo!” Chen bellowed, placing the bowl down and wiping the crumbs from his shirt.

            “Dude,” Lay began, laughing, “You have like, no chocolate left for him whatsoever. How will you get him to fall in love with you?”

            “I have my ways,” Chen said with a wink. His mouth was surrounded with chocolate smudges. Lay laughed and moved to wipe it off. The doorbell rang again.

            Patience is a virtue, Xiumin thought angrily, as a reminder to both himself, and Suho on the other side of the door. But the thought did little to calm him and he found his patience wearing thin as he led Suho into the living room.

            “Hello, all!” Suho sang, sitting in the space beside Chen, trying to sit as far from him as possible.

            “Why, hello there,” Chen purred, inching himself closer, “Fancy seeing you here.”

            It wasn’t that Xiumin hated Chen, but right now Chen was being a very difficult obstacle for Xiumin doing what he had invited Lay over to do, which was pretty difficult within itself. Right now, he just wanted to get it over with, “Lay, can I talk to you in the kitchen?”

            “Huh? Oh, yeah, okay,” Lay stood from the couch and walked past him towards the designated room, Chen gave him a knowing smile, even making kissy noises, before Xiumin turned to follow.

 

            “So, what did you want to talk about?” Lay asked, when they were both in the room.

            Xiumin flipped on the light switch, then turned to look at his crush. It was weird, Lay was his crush now. Which wasn’t necessarily new, but now that Xiumin was aware of it, it seemed to amplify the preexisting anxiety that he seemed to have whenever Lay-his crush, was near him. His heart rate was back up and he tried to focus on not hyperventilating.

            “Oh, well, it’s just that I…” he trailed off, quickly realizing that looking Lay in the eye was alarmingly difficult. He had prepared a whole speech, to help remain articulate in this time of trouble. A smart idea, but he found himself forgetting it entirely. He blinked a few times, wondering if he looked like an idiot.

            How do I even begin? How do I even begin to explain how happy he makes me? Or that I think about his smile all the time? That his dimples are the last thing on my mind before I go to bed? That I remember his weird jokes, the soft feel of his hands, the way he’ll smile at anything, how long and strong his arms are, his selflessness, his manners, his natural ability with taking care of people, and I think of every single one of these things constantly, whether I’m cleaning or showering or even dreaming?

            He gulped, “Lay, I know that I haven’t known you for very long. But I also know that you make me extremely happy every single time I get the great pleasure of seeing you,” Xiumin paused to smile at Lay nervously, he was speaking slowly but his heart still thought he was running a marathon, Lay had stopped smiling and was looking at Xiumin with wide eyes, That’s a good sign, right? “You are a wonderful, wonderful, wonderfully wonderful person and I don’t know what I could have possibly done to deserve it, but I am so, so glad to have met you.

            “You are a person who always gives. You never ask for anything in return. That’s an amazing ability to have, but I still think that you deserve so much that you rarely get. So uh, anyway, what I’m trying to say is…” he let out a sigh and tightened his grip on the present he had tucked under the back of his shirt, “I know that you should be getting something better than this, but at least for now, here.”

            And with that, he ed his arms out, showing what he had bought for Lay: a single white rose. His head was bowed to try to conceal his quickly reddening cheeks, but he raised his head to say a quiet, “Happy Valentine’s Day,” and flash his signature crooked grin, quickly biting his lip and ducking his head again because when he looked at Lay it just made him too nervous.

            Lay blinked down at the rose, as if he didn’t believe it to be real. Slowly, he reached out and held it, bringing it close. It was pretty, it’s delicate petals laying upon one another in intricate layers, all in a brilliant shade of white. When Xiumin felt the rose leave his fingers, he snuck a peek up at Lay. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Lay sporting a tiny smile. Tiny wasn’t ideal, but it was better than nothing.

            “So, uh, you like it?” He asked softly.

            Lay looked up at him, wearing the biggest grin he had ever seen on the other boy, “I love it!” his voice was barely above a whisper, but he sounded so pleased that Xiumin was soon beaming too, “But why white?”

            “Well, remember the uh, first night I met you? It was so dark and cold, I was sitting on my porch all alone. But then you came along. You were shoveling snow the first time I saw you, so the white reminded me of that. You know,” he let out a soft chuckle, at ease now, “I actually used to joke with Suho that you were my snow angel that night.” He freezes as he realizes he just said that last thing out loud. But Lay just giggles at that, eyes trained on the rose, and Xiumin flushes a deeper shade, toing at the ground, “I actually never got a Valentine for anyone before, so I hope this is okay.”

            “No no, don’t worry,” Lay says quickly, “This is perfect, absolutely perfect.” He pauses, “You’ve never gotten a Valentine for anyone before?” he asks, not believing.

            Xiumin slowly shakes his head, not trusting his mouth to speak after it admitted those two things he had sworn to keep secret.

            “So then, I’m your first Valentine ever?”

            Xiumin nods.

            “Oh,” Lay smiles again, looking down at the rose, feeling pleased.

 

            “What are they doing?” Suho asks, watching Lay and Xiumin leave the living room.

            Chen shakes his head, “Oh you young ones, so innocent, so pure.”

            “Wait but I thought I was older than yo-“

            “So sweet,” Chen continues, as if uninterrupted, “So naïve.”

            Suho just laughs, and an awkward silence falls over the two.

            “Hey,” Suho points, “Is that chocolate?”

            “Hm?” Chen looks towards where Suho means, and realizes a handful of pieces of white chocolate are left at the bottom of the bowl, “Oh, yeah. Whoah, I didn’t even know Xiumin had chocolate over here. You want some?”

            “Yes, please, white chocolate is my favorite.”

            Suho begins neatly eating the chocolate piece by piece and Chen averts his gaze, because watching the white gooey liquid center dribble down Suho’s chin and seeing how his tongue snakes out to reclaim it is very tempting, “I am a child of the Lord,” Chen whispers to himself.

            “What was that?”

            “Oh, nothing,” Chen leans into the couch, propping his arms up along the back and heaving a loud sigh, “Boy oh boy, I remember the last time we were on this couch together.”

            Suho nearly chokes on his chocolate, and Chen stares at the coffee table, chuckling. Suho slowly swallows, “You… remember that?”

            Chen looks over at Suho, pretending like the wide eyes and cheeks tinged with pink don’t affect him, “I remember.” It’s not exactly true; he doesn’t remember sleeping beside Suho, but he remembers waking up, feeling elated and better rested than he had felt in a while. He looks off into the distance and nods slowly, trying to look indifferent, but he feels his cheeks warming, “Yep, you’re pretty comfortable.”

            That has Suho outright blushing, and he smiles to himself, “I am?” his voice is filled with an adorably hopeful tone.

            “Yep,” Chen mumbles, looking over at Suho with a nervous smile, he takes a deep breath, and Suho raises an eyebrow in curiosity because Chen actually seems nervous, but Chen just clears his throat and finishes, “I’d like to do it again sometime.” And with that, he digs into his pocket, fishing out something white and small, tossing it over to Suho.

            “What’s this?” Suho picks up the object, feeling creases and noticing that it’s actually paper.

            “Open it,” Chen grabs a few chocolates, suddenly anxious.

            Suho hesitates, then unfolds it, and gasps, “Is this a picture of, when we, w-when, on that day that-“

            “Yeah,” Chen cuts him off, grinning to himself at how cute the stuttering is, “So cute.” He whispers.

            “It is,” Suho nods, his entire face practically a tomato at this point. Damn, I gotta get better at this whispering, Chen thinks, at least he’s enjoying a glimpse in to what my imagination is so damn focused on all the time.

            “Did you read the back?” Chen scratches at a frayed corner of the couch cushion he sits on.

            He gets his answer when Suho turns it over and reads, ‘You hurt your ankle?? I guess falling for me is more painful than I thought… get better soon! Or else how will you ever chase after me?’ Suho laughs when he finishes and Chen is grateful, he was worried it would come across too narcissistic when he meant it in a joking way.

            “Happy Valentine’s Day,” Chen tells Suho.

            “Happy Valentine’s Day,” Suho echoes, smiling, before breaking apart into more laughter and looking back down at the photograph.

 

            “I’m sorry I didn’t get you anything,” Lay says, frowning, as Xiumin leads them to the front door.

            “Don’t worry about it,” Xiumin responds, because this night already went way better than he dare dream.

            “Oh, does that mean you don’t want an apology hug?” Lay asks, chuckling.

            Apology hug? Oh my god waIT IS HE OFFERING ME A HUG RIGHT N-“Hey now, don’t speak so soon,” Xiumin tries to sniffle convincingly, “I was so offended.”

            “Awwww,” Lay says, pouting as he pretends to wipe a tear from Xiumin’s face, Xiumin resist the urge to lean into Lay’s hand, “I knew you would want the hug.”

            “Wow, okay,” Xiumin deadpans, and Lay starts laughing, “That was arrogant, rude, disrespectful-“ but then Lay’s arms are wrapping around Xiumin’s waist to tug him close and he leans his head on Xiumin’s shoulder, “And completely 3000% correct.” Xiumin finishes, reaching up to put his arms around Lay’s neck, and closing his eyes.

            “Alright, alright, break it up you two,” Chen says as he gets to the doorway, “Middle school dance rules: at least a foot away from each other. Some of us have curfews.”

            Lay sighs and lets go first, Xiumin only tightens his grip defensively, Lay laughs and leans down, “He’s right you know,” Lay whispers, and Xiumin shivers at the low voice in his ear, “We have to go back.”

            Xiumin lets out a loud breath, slowly loosening his grip, and pouting as he takes a step back.

            “Don’t look so disappointed, you act like that’s the last hug I’ll ever give you.” Lay teases.

            Xiumin visibly brightens at the idea of more hugs from Lay, and Lay laughs.

            “Bye Suho,” Chen says quietly.

            “Bye,” Suho mumbles back, still blushing. He feels like an apology hug might also be in order from him to Chen, but he has the photograph of them still clutched in his hand, and if he hugs Chen it could be dropped, or seen.

            Xiumin waves wildly with both hands, ignoring the cold biting at his fingertips, grinning like an idiot, refusing to go back inside until he sees Lay and Chen back on their own porch.

 

            The next morning, Xiumin bounces on the balls of his feet all the way down the stairs and into the kitchen for breakfast, all smiles.

            “Somebody seems awfully chipper,” his dad says, peering up over the newspaper.

            “How did it go?” his mom asks from the head of the table.

            “He’s perfect,” Xiumin replies, grabbing an orange.

            “’He’?” his mom chuckles, “Sweetheart I was asking about Valentine’s Day?”

            “I know,” Xiumin says, smile never faltering, skipping back up to his room without another word.

 

 

 

Author's note: Ayyyyyyyy it's ya girl, back with some fluffy garbage of some of the men ruining my life ayyyyyyyYyYYYYyy. Sooo this chapter actually had some progression in the plot with Xiumin finally realizing he has some feels for Lay (I mean don't we all) and romantic mushy Valentine's crap for both the ships in this story. My friend Angela (cue, everybody say: "hi, Angela") actually came up with the idea for this chapter so mega-thanks! hope I did it justice :)) It's not letting me post the image I wanted to at the top (Xiumin posing with the heart for the mcm ad-I KNOW I KNOW, IT WOULD BE SO FITTING but I'll take a break from my raging to say THANK YOUU to all of my subscribers, and if you're new here, feel free to subscribe or comment or whatever makes you happy, that's what I'm here for <3 <3 <3 have a good weekend!

And heyo, because I'm desperate for attention and don't know how to advertise in a mroe strategic matter, I wrote a xiuhan oneshot bout a month or so back, if you're interested pleeaase check it out (I'm pretty proud of it actually, but it's my first oneshot so I know it's probably crap, especially comparatively, so I'm totally open to any and all feedback on it) don't have to, but consider it! (and yes, hunhan is def still on within the realm of this fic so no worries on that one)