Forgiveness?

Homework

He felt a small tap on his shoulder but he thought it was just his imagination so he continued towards the front door. But this time, soft hands held fast onto his shoulder; he quickly turned around and gasped. He never really thought that in a million years, Ohno would talk to him again, but the latter was in front of him instead.

“O-chan,” Aiba ran towards him worriedly. “Are you ok?”

“Ai-- Masaki...”

Aiba gasped at that too, surprised that Ohno had called him by first name informally.

“... I don’t hate you.”

“Oh, thank goodness,” Aiba breathed in relief, “I thought--”

It was just too fast, but Aiba’s eyes were wide open to witness the whole thing: Ohno’s eyes were dampened but were shut tight, and his lips were on his. A second later, Ohno pulled away.

“...” Aiba was silent this time and he couldn’t process words out of his mouth. Usually, at times like these, he’d be enraged since he likes to take the advantage. But for Ohno to do such an impulsive thing really surprised him that he was stuck to the floor; now he knew how Ohno felt when his kiss was taken.

“I liked the kiss, Masaki... It’s just that I... it was too sudden for me and I couldn’t stand to be besides you. I thought you liked Nino because I’ve always seen you with him since grade school.”

“...”

“But Nino told me earlier that you and him share no such feelings... I was afraid that I’ll lose you because I’m a coward...”

“Yeah!” A groggy voice agreed from the living room. “I had to knock some sense in him since he kept disrupting my nap time!” After the pointing out so, there came a soft snores from the interruption.

“I... like you,” Ohno mumbled so quietly that Aiba finally spoke again.

“W-what?”

“I like you,” Ohno confessed louder this time, his cheeks turning really red.

“W--”

“He likes you dammit!” Came the interruption again before Aiba threw his bag towards it.

“I like you too,” Aiba confessed as he grabbed Ohno’s hand and held fast onto it. “Will you forgive me for taking your first kiss?”

Ohno shook his head. “No. I’m glad you took it.”

“Great!” Aiba beamed, “Can you help me with my homework?”

Ohno grinned showing his pearly white teeth. “Sure thing.”

He was finally able to meet ends with Ohno, glad that the latter didn’t hate him after all. The rest of the night was spent on getting to know him better while he tried his best to kick Nino out of his own room. However, they never really did finish his homework for school. Ohno was way better to learn and solve instead of the loads of homework. Well, at least Aiba got one good thing -- or someone-- out of doing homework: Ohno Satoshi.

“Hmm... where did you say the line belonged again?” Aiba asked as he stared at a blank paper.

“Nowhere!” Ohno told him for the third time. “Lines belong anywhere you want them too.”

“Oh,” Aiba nodded. “I--”

“Get out of my room!” Nino yelled from behind the locked door.

“Shut up!” Aiba yelled before throwing his shoes on the door. “Where were we again?...”

END