Homework

Homework

 

It was spring, meaning Aiba Masaki had no choice but to go back to high school and be a normal teenager. There really is nothing wrong with being a teenager and going to school, but he hated the fact that he always had homework. He would definitely skip out on it, but because he was already failing he had to do it.

“I need a life out of school, you know?!” Aiba yelled on the top of his lungs as he stood at the edge of the school roof. “Argh!”

“Aibaka,” his best friend, Ninomiya Kazunari, scoffed. “You know you have to do them or you can’t play basketball.”

Aiba sighed dejectedly. “I know... But it’s not that... I haven’t gone on a date since forever!” He pointed out as he point up his fingers to show how many years it’s been.

“I get it, I get it,” Nino waved his hands away, “Do you want to date that badly?”

“YES!”

“Well, I have a friend. Mind if he comes over your house later?”

“A he?”

“Yes, Aibaka. I think you’ll like him.”

“But I’m not g--”

“Yeah, don’t be so sure about that,” Nino rolled his eyes, “I know you more that you know yourself.”

“F... Fine...” Aiba finally gave in although he really is sure he isn’t born gay.

When lunch break was finally over, he and Nino headed to class. As usual, the both of them did nothing but mess around quietly, which is probably why Aiba is failing. But paying attention meant the time would go faster, and so it did.

Since afterschool activities are totally limited for him, Nino offered to walk him home before he too went home. As soon as Aiba crashed on his bed, he had soon forgotten about the guest that Nino had called for him. Soon after, he was fast asleep.

“Masaki!”

He budge a little at the sound of his mother’s voice, but he refused to open his eyes.

“Masaki!” She called again, sounding a bit annoyed.

It was better off not to get her pissed off anyways so Aiba decided to get up from bed. On his way down the stairs, he kept groaning and how he has so many homework that he was too busy to clean the house. However, his mother was not requesting him to clean the house. Instead, she ushered a tan and sleepy looking teenager to their kitchen.

“Is he your friend?” His mother asks as soon as the tanned teenager bowed to him. “He claims he knows you from Ninomiya-kun.”

Aiba was about to shake his head when he remembered Nino’s offer during lunch. When his mother finally left them alone in the kitchen, Aiba was the first to speak.

“Did Nino pay you?” He asked suspiciously as he eyed his ‘date.’

The teenager shook his head immediately, looking as scared as a prey.

“Good,” Aiba smiled, “Shall we go to my room?”



It was deadly quiet, but it was a good thing Aiba was known for his motor mouth. The latter would reply from time to time, but he muttered it so quietly that Aiba didn’t notice. However, while he was talking, he didn’t notice that the latter was staring at the homework until he looked at him.

“Do you want to do my homework?” Aiba suggested playfully. “I’ve got plenty! You--”

“I’ll help you,” The latter finally spoke with a bit conviction this time. “Nino said you fail pretty hard at your classes.”

“Really?!” Aiba gasped excitedly, silently thanking his best friend. “Shall we start on it?”



His math homework was much easier now that the latter had walked him through a couple of problems. Although he tripped on a few rocks along the way, the tanned boy helped him without getting annoyed of his mistakes. When finally, he was able to finish his load of homework, Ohno quietly announced that it was time he headed home.

“Thank you--”

“Ohno Satoshi,” Ohno introduced himself rather late because he didn’t have the chance to earlier.

“Ohno Satoshi-san!” Aiba grinned. “Thank you very much!”

“N-no problem...”

“Oh!” Aiba clapped his hands together when a great idea came into mind. “You don’t mind if you become my tutor right?”

“‘Course not.”

“Good!” Aiba breathed, glad that he quickly agreed. “Can you come tomorrow? And the next day, and the next day, and the next day... You get my point right?”

Ohno nodded before he got up and collected his stuff.

With a huge grin on his face, Aiba walked him out of the house and a few blocks from his street. Once Ohno was almost sized like a preschooler, Aiba couldn’t help but cheer loudly. With Ohno around, he can finally do the things he wants, play basketball, and go on dates!

“Finally,” Aiba muttered. “Thanks Ohno Satoshi-san!”

TBC