Desperate

Homework

Aiba decided to go to school the next day even though he couldn’t finish his homework because of that accident last night. He figured that it would be best to apologize to Ohno since the latter refused to pick up his calls.

“Aibaka?”

Nino! There was always Nino to depend on. “Nino~” Aiba whined as he turned around and grabbed his friend’s arm. “I need your help!”

“What?” Nino scoffed, “O-chan didn’t work out for you after all?”

“I-it’s not that. There was this accident last night...”

“Don’t tell me y--”

“I didn’t do anything!” Aiba quickly replied before Nino accused him of Ohno, “I... stole his first kiss!”

Nino raised his eyebrow. “Isn’t that a good thing?”

“No...” Aiba mumbled. “I think he doesn’t like me.”

"Then why don't you ask him if he does?"

Aiba gasped. "Why haven't I thought about that before?! But the problem is... He won't answer my calls."

"No problem," Nino grinned suspiciously as if an evil thought came into mind. "I'll solve it for you."

"Thanks! Kiss on it?"

"No. Go away."

"Then shall we head to class?" Aiba suggested otherwise since Nino will hurt him if he tried.

"Sure," Nino shrugged as he walked ahead, "As long as you don't kiss me."

It was rare but Aiba was finally paying attention in class just so Ohno can listen to him. Nino, on the other hand was not helping at all. He kept bugging him with his new game for the DS and was insistent on getting his attention. However, he paid him no mind and decided it was best to finally learn something.

"Dude!" Nino groaned as soon as third period had ended. "What's up? Why are you paying attention in class?"

"It's for Ohno, no thanks to you. I want to--"

"Aw~ You like him!" Nino teased as he drew hearts in the air. "You are gay!"

Aiba groaned. "Ok, maybe I am. But only for Ohno."

"But how the hell are you going to win Ohno if you want to pass the class? Doesn't he go to your house to tutor you?"

"Dammit!" Aiba cursed. "Then I did all that paying attention for nothing!"

"At least you learned something."

Fourth period passed by rather fast without Aiba noticing; Nino had to remind him that there was a curry special going on. Boy, he loved curry so Aiba was gone in an instant.

He was near the cafeteria but he can already smell the curry's perfume. He walked even faster hoping that he can be the first in line, but a familiar head blocked his way.

"O-chan!" Aiba gasped in surprise since it's the first time he's seen him im school. "You've been avoiding my calls."

The latter, however, still refused to acknowledge him; Aiba followed him around instead.

"O-chan. I'm failing my classes. Help me," Aiba pleaded, or more likely he lied. He just wanted to ask Ohno if he liked him, and maybe get together...

Ohno turned to the right of the hallway still seeming to care less about Aiba.

"Help me, please," Aiba begged this time. "I'm failing."

Ohno ignored him yet again as they flew down the flight of steps.

"Please!" Aiba begged louder, sounding more desperate. "I. NEED. IT!"

"O--"

"Stop bothering him," He heard his friend's voice pop out from out if nowhere.

Aiba jumped. "Geez! Don't scare me like that!"

"Well I couldn't help it. Oh-chan looks annoyed."

Aiba pouted sadly, knowing that he would never have a chance with Ohno in the first place. He would make a bad boyfriend anyways and he has been since his first girlfriend.

"Don't worry. I'm going to help and he's going to come around eventually."

"Yeah," Aiba mumbled flatly as he watched Ohno disappear into the art room. "I guess..."

TBC