돌.

Destiny Will Bring Us Back Together

♡ Incheon Airport: November 15, 2014 ♡

"Ah, it's nice to be back!"

I rode a cab to the apartment where I'll be staying. It's really modern and spacious, I should thank my omma and appa for this.

They finally gave me the permission to move after I finished my studies. I even went to Berklee to study contemporary music so I'm sure I'm ready.

Well, of course I won't come here without a job. I signed a contract under Universal Music to write a song for their most treasured artist. I'm gonna meet him today and discuss plans about his upcoming album. I heard he's doing this just for his fans, how ridiculous could that be? Aish. While lots of people with potential are stuggling to get in this industry, here he is. I wonder how big his FANDOM is.

I arranged all my things and emptied my luggage. I really need more clothes if I'm gonna stay here for a long time. I called to ask what time we should meet and they said I should be there in an hour. I quickly left my apartment and went to the building. Being late might not be the best first impression.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed.
"Ah, you must be the songwriter from Berklee?"
"Yes sir..."
"Please take a seat, Ms. Kim." The boss answered.
"Allow me to introduce myself, sir. I am Kim _______. I grew up in the US but I'm korean by blood. I was also able to study in Berklee-"
"Your background is amazing, Ms. Kim. Our artist will arrive soon so please wait for a while. In the meantime, I'd like to discuss with you about this project."
"N-ne..." This makes me nervous.
"You'll be working with one of the most successful stars here in Korea today. We're expecting you to write a great song that will be included in his upcoming album. We want you to write a ballad about falling in love. The rest will be up to you, we want a really meaningful song but something easy to understand."
"W-wait. If you want me to write a song, I should meet the singer and see his vocal abilities and preferences first, don't you think?"
"Oh, here he is."

I quickly stood up as the door opened and bowed. He bowed also and smiled at me with his gorgeous face. He looks strangely familiar though. Wait, what am I saying?

"Mr. Lee Min Ho, meet Ms. Kim ______." B-bwoh? M...M-Minho?
"Nice to meet you." He offered a handshake.
"Nice to meet you." I shook his hand.

The meeting went on and I found myself dumbfounded. Could it really be him? H-how is this possible? Could...could it really be my childhood friend?

"I have somewhere I need to be with right now. Secretary Choi, please lead them to the studio."

The boss left and here I am, all alone with this man. Why is this happening to me? I tried my best to forget him....I really did.

"So....w-what do you want to...to do with this a-album?"
"Whatever is fine." Aish, it can't be him. The Minho I knew wasn't this moody. Maybe the names are just a coincidence.
"You're the one who's gonna sing! If you don't feel it, no matter how good the song is written or arranged, you'll end up messing up everything!"
"Aish, how will I know? I'm not an expert singer."
"Really? Then why are you acting so-"
"Didn't the boss tell you what you need to do?"
"Whatever."
"Just think of something, okay? Give me a call when you're done and don't worry, I already have your number. I have to go." He threw his calling card on the table and left.

Of all famous stars out there, why do I have to deal with him? WAE?! Argh!

"M-miss Kim, where are you going?"
"I'm going home. Tell that arrogant guy and the boss, I'll be back when I finish the song."I'm Minho's manager."
"Nice to meet you, tell them that and get out of my way!"

I went to the restroom and washed my face. Yeah, I'm not dreaming. If I'm dreaming, this must be a long, awful nightmare.

The person whom I tried my best to bury at the back of my mind, the person whom I tried really hard to forget is now the person who's gonna sing my debut song as a Korean songwriter. But if it's really him, he has changed. He's not the little Minho I've known before.

I went home is disbelief and stared at the ceiling for a long time. I've lost my appetite and I can't sleep either. This is driving me crazy. I know he has my number and I have his but...I don't think I can take all of this.

*beep beep*

From: xxx-xxx-xxxx

I'm sorry for the way I acted a while ago. I was in a really bad mood and I didn't want to talk to anyone. You resemble my childhood friend whom I left without saying a word, but that's impossible right? I mean, what am I saying? It can't be you...

For the album, I just want a song can touch people's hearts. Perhaps a ballad that can play with people's feelings? It can be sad but also happy at the same time. I know you can do it. I'm expecring a lot from you since they told me how amazing you are.

I'm really sorry for how I treated you before, Kim ______. Let's start again. I'm Lee Min Ho.

To: You

So it's really you...

 

~

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update! Jeongmal jeongmal mianhae!! It's the last day of my periodicals today...I have to do well. Don't forget to tell me what you think so far through the comments! Fighting!