나도 사랑해. (Love You Too)

Destiny Will Bring Us Back Together

"Miss Kim, are you sure you're okay?"

"You've been making lots of mistakes today and have been spacing out a lot."
"Are you alright miss?"
"Gwenchana. This is nothing serious."
"Why don't you take a rest first?"
"I guess I'll do that."
"Here, take these headphones." Minji hands the headphones to me.
"Wae?"
"We'll just play some music so you can relax and you'll be able to hear us through that if we're gonna need your help."
"Arrasso. Thanks everyone."
 
I put the headphones on, went to the dressing room and threw myself on the big comfy couch. I'm tired, stressed and sad at the same time. Different things keep on entering my mind.
 
Today is the last day of the concert tour and the last day that I'll be able to see him. We've been working with each other for 3 months now and sometimes I act coldly towards him. I don't know what to follow anymore. My heart says return to him but my mind tells me that he'll just see me as a friend like he always did and still do.
 
 

 

 
"Everything is going as planned, oppa." Minji said.
"Thank goodness, I'm really nervous right now." I sighed.
"Don't worry oppa! I can see that ______ still likes you. You don't have to worry about anything."
"Did you give her the headphones?"
"Ne. The staff tricked it out so she can hear everything you'll say."
"Good job, Minji-ah."
"I'm glad to help, oppa."
"Minho-ssi!"
"Coming director!"
 
Today is the last day of my concert tour and I should be sad but instead, I'm really excited. I'm going to surprise ______-ah today and I'm quite nervous but I think she will be touched.
 
"Oppa, don't forget this!" Minji came running with the pink envelope.
"Ne, gomawo."
"Hana, dul, set!"
 
The platform rose with me on top of it and the fans screamed their lungs out. I put on my sweetest smile for them and hid the envelope behind my back.
 
"Darling I never changed
I'm still the same
The thoughts of you still bring me down
 
You're like a drug
That makes me crazy
Our memories still haunt me now
 
I want to forget you but somehow I can't
I wonder, when can I hold your hand again
I guess it just shows
Girl, everybody knows
For me, there's no other you."
 
 

 

 
"For me, there's no other you." Isn't this his voice? What's happening?
 
The music suddenly stopped and the fans screamed. No, it shouldn't stop right now. What's going on?
 
"You all love Minho oppa right?"
"Ne!" All of them shouted in unison.
"I want you to know that Minho oppa loves you too!" What is he doing right now? He's going insane! "Before all else, let's watch this."
 
My feet were itching to run and watch what he's doing and I let them. I stood at the side, just enough to see him on the giant platform that was raised higher than the rest of the stage... and that's the time when something I never expected happened.
 
"There's a girl and a boy and they've been best friends since they were young. The girl fell in love with the boy but one day the boy leaves without a word. Both of them have the same feelings for each other but they never told one another. Now the boy is thinking about her again and realizes that he shouldn't have left her no matter what and wrote this amazing song for her." That's me! T-that's what I said during the press conference!! What is he doing?!
 
"I hope you guys don't get mad and understand because..." He inhaled heavily. "I'm that boy."
"Bwoh?!" The whole arena exclaimed,
"Oppa, that can't be!" Some cried.
"And that girl is..." He...he knew all along? "She is Kim _________."
 
After what he said, a spotlight focused on me. I swear I look like a tomato and even if my mind kept telling me to run away now or it will be too late, my legs seemed to turn into jelly.
 
Next up on the big screen is a few photos of us back in America. Minho oppa controlled it through a remote.
 
"As you all know, I grew up in America. Our family migrated when I was only 2 years old because of business matters. Miss Kim's and my parents became business partners and very good friends and that's how we got to know each other." He pressed the remote and a picture of us on the 1st grade appeared.
 
"We grew up together and both of us became the best of friends." *click* "We were always bullied because of the difference of our nationality and I always stood up for both of us." *click*
 
"One day, my parents decided to go back to Korea and told me only 3 days before the flight they booked. We were 8th graders that time. I hesitated and couldn't decide whether to tell her or not tell her because I have developed feelings for her already. Before I could realize it, time passed by quickly and I couldn't say anything to her." *click* That's my letter to him! Oppa...I'm so sorry...I didn't know you had to go through this.
 
"I went back to see our house one last time and tried my best to fight my tears. I saw this lying on the pavement in front of our house. I picked it up and read it. It got tear-stained because of me." He giggled and I stood there, frozen. "Can I read it?" I could only nod.
 
 
Dear Minho oppa,
 
I know I don't write letters to you normally but I hope you read all of this through. And please don't be shocked. What I'm about to say might break our friendship, but I'm not afraid anymore. I can't hide it forever.
 
I've started liking you since 3rd grade. No, not as a friend but as a lover. You're always there for me and you always defend me. You're the only person who told me that I'm beautiful.
 
I like you even when you're grumpy. I like you even when you wake up at the wrong side of the bed and be moody for the rest of the day. I like you even when you're clumsy or you're scared. I like how you swear. I like how you rejected the feelings of all those girls who ran crazily after you.
 
I'm not expecting anything from you, oppa. I just wanted to let it all out. I'm tired of keeping it. I just want you to know that I can't think of you as just a best friend anymore. It's okay if you don't feel the same for me.
 
______.
 
 
"______-ah," Minho oppa climbed down the stairs slowly and dragged me to the stage with him. "I'm sorry for not being able to properly say goodbye to you that day. I've been keeping this letter for years now, just like how I kept you inside my heart. I'm sorry if I lacked the courage to tell all of this to you, but that's why I'm doing this now." He held my hand and the screaming got louder. "I was really happy inside after seeing the song. I found new hope after hearing it. Hope that maybe you still think about me at the very least. Hope that if I tried, you will feel the same."
"Oppa!" Some fans were brought to tears.
"Aniyo oppa! Don't hold her hand!" Some pleaded.
"I'm sorry for all the pain I caused in your heart." He said, never breaking our eye contact. My heart beats like a drum. "I can't blame you for acting cold towards me now. One of the reasons why I tried acting is to reach you. Now that I'm already famous, I thought I have it all. But no matter how many money I have, how many girls love me or how much fame I've gained, there's still something missing in my heart....and that's you." A sole tear escaped my eyes at his words. "When I saw you again that day, I thought that this could be my second and last chance. ________-ah, through the years, I couldn't seem to get rid of my feelings for you and I'm hoping that it's the same for you. Will you be mine?"
"________-ssi! ________-ssi! ________-ssi!" The fans cheered. Is this approval?
"N-ne. I...I still do."
 
Oppa immediately held me in his embrace and the crowd went wild. So this is how it feels, to love and be loved. I hugged him back and we sang together to finish the production number. Starting today, my love is not an unrequited love anymore.
 
"Jagi..."
"Ne?" I smiled from ear to ear.
"Saranghae." He gave me a quick kiss.
"Nado saranghae, oppa."
"You know what?"
"Wae?"
"Destiny brought us back together."
 
Fin.
 
~
 
Guys! After a long time, this story is finally finished! Thank you for all your support for this small project of mine, I hope you all liked it. Please tell me what you thought about the story! Also, thank you to everyone who upvoted, subscribed, commented and read the whole story. I'm really thankful and I'm sorry for all the errors, I am not a professional writer. Even so, thank you very much for being with me. Gomawoyo! Saranghamnida!