사랑해 (143)

Destiny Will Bring Us Back Together

[The day of the press conference]

"Minho-ssi, your album is an all-kill. What is your inspiration for this album?"
"Of course, my inspiration is my fans."
"_______-ssi, the netizens have been asking...is there a story behind this great song?"
"Ani-" I choose not to tell them until...
"Ne. There is!" Aish! I don't want to talk about it in front of many people.
"Is that true, ______-ssi?"
"You must be really close with Minho-ssi since he knows about it."
"Aniyo, we just had a chance to talk about the song during the recording."
"Can you share it to all aspiring songwriters out there who look up to you?"
"Well..." I guess there's nothing I can do, right? "There's a girl and a boy and they've been the best of friends since they were young." Everyone listened attentively and the speed of the flashes from cameras were rapid. "The girl fell in love with the boy but then one day the boy leaves without a word. Both of them have the same feelings for each other but they never shared it to one another. Now the boy is thinking about her again and realizes he shouldn't have left her and that's why he wrote the song for her ."
"Awww..."
"_______-ssi, wasn't it hard to write a song in a man's point of view being a lovely lady as you are?"
"The story you shared is very detailed. Are you sure that girl isn't you?" Eottoke...
"It's such an interesting story, ______-ssi."
"Of course it is." Minho blurted. Aish, you didn't have to do that. Now I feel like I owe you one.
"Minho-ssi sang this masterpiece perfectly. How did you do it, Minho-ssi?"
"It was easy for me because ______-ah told me the story about it while we were recording and gave me great directions so I just told myself to act and immerse in the boy's character as I sang the whole song. It was pretty similar to acting." Great answer...but am I really happy? Should I be satisfied that you only see it as acting?
"To end this press conference, please give a message to everyone who are very interested or have already bought the album."
"Ladies first." He smiled and all the girls in the room swooned.
"Please support this album because our team worked very hard on it and it's my debut as a songwriter. To those who have already bought the album as early as today, daedanhee kamsahamnida." I bowed slightly.
"To all my fans who never get tired of supporting me..."
"Kyaaaa! Minho oppa!!!"
"I hope you will support this album too. I dedicate this album to all of you as a token of gratitude for the never-ending love. I look projects to more projects this year in order to make you happy. Saranghaeyo." He formed a heart with his hand.
"______-ssi, can you form a heart with Minho-ssi?" Pfft. Do you think I have a choice.
"Ahhh!" All the fangirls screamed as I granted the somewhat forceful request of that stupid reporter. It's still for this album though, I have to do anything I can.

I guess I under-estimated his fandom before. When I walk around the neighborhood, everyone asks if I'm the one who wrote Minho's No Other You and asks for a selca with them or an autograph. All the hard work and sleepless nights are worth it.

We went to the dressing room after the press conference and everyone congratulated us. Ah, it really feels great. I'm an accomplished songwriter now. Sometimes it still can't sink in.

"I'm tired..." I yawned.
"There's no time for rest. The concert tour starts tomorrow." He said.
"Aish, you're not helping at all."
"There will be 3 concerts a week in 12 weeks. Are you gonna keep slacking off?"
"I'm not slacking off!" I tried to throw a punch at him but he caught my hand right away and pulled me until our faces where really close. My heart beats faster and I'm sure my cheeks are now like tomatoes. "You have to stay by my side until such time." He let me go and I let out a heavy breath I've been holding for who knows how long.

I went to the restroom and took my makeup off. I wore clothes that I'm comfortable with (my hoodie and my super comfy jeans) and was about to leave when someone stopped me and tightened his grip on my wrist.

"Want to go for a cup of coffee?"
"That's not how to ask a lady to go out."
"Just spill it if you're not interested."
"Fine...I'll go with you."
"You owe me one, remember?"
"There's no point in reminding me."
"Kaja!" He threw an airfist.

We used my car to go to Mouse Rabbit (which I suggested) since we both know that we can't use his car. We look like gangsters right now, seriously. A hoodie, sunglasses and caps on. It's a trend though, for sure no one will notice us.

"Annyeonghaseyo."
"Annyeonghaseyo, welcome to Mouse Rabbit. What would you like to order?"
"One mocha frappe and a slice of your specialty red velvet cake."
"How about you sir?"
"I'll have the same order." He gave his card.
"Aniyo, I'll pay."
"Are you planning on hurting my pride?"
"Our VIP room is that way."
"Arrasso."

This guy is really famous, eh? I can't believe my best friend is now a superstar. He can enter any VIP room of any cafe/hotel right after seeing his card in a flash.

"Tell me more about that guy."
"Who?"
"Your inspiration for the song."
"There's nothing else you need to know about him."
"I treated you to coffee."
"And that's why I said I'll pay."
"But you owe me a favor..."
"I already came here with you!"
"How can you speak about it openly in front of all the media and not with me?" Because it's you, PABO! Do you not really know?!
"Here's your o-order." The waitress came in shaking and quickly left after serving our order. 
"What do you want to know?" I took a sip from my frappe.
"Did you make any effort to tell him how you feel?"
"I held it in for years, but I did one."
"What is it? How so?"
"On the day he left, I prepared a confession letter and went all the way to their house but their family already left when I arrived. I dropped the letter on the cold pavement in shock and ran all the way home crying. I even hurt myself a bit to have an excuse to tell my parents. Happy?"
"Do you still like him?"
"I don't want to tell you..."
"He may still like you back." Pfft. How can you say that? We're in the entertainment industry.
"I don't know but who cares anymore? One day or another I'll be over him and forget he ever existed."
"Is that what you really think?"
"Would there be a reason to think otherwise now?" I half said, half shouted.
"I...I have to um..go. I forgot I still...still have s-something to do."

He left and his food laid there, untouched. *sigh* Poor food, he left you without even thinking how much effort the chef put in to make you and how many people are starving to just throw you. You're like my heart...that he left without thinking how I might feel without him. That I depended on him all the time since he appeared in my life because I knew he'd never let me down. That maybe I'd miss him. Like leaving me is nothing to him, but losing him is everything to me.

~

♥~♥ The end is near!!! How do you think you and Minho will turn out? Will destiny work it's magic again or you guys just have to move on and get over each other? You'll find out real soon so please look after it. I'm trying my best so that it won't feel like it's progressing too fast so I hope you're enjoying it (that's the main purpose of stories after all). Thank you for the support. Saranghae ♡