Mistakes

Falling for the school kingka

Today was the first soccer-match Luhan would be playing.

He'd been so excited the whole night and kept on writing me, I barely got sleep.

I was happy for him, though.

There weren't that much more girls than boys on the grandstand, which I thought was quite surprising.

'This school even has cheerleader...' I thought as I sat down.

I almost had to drag Baekhyun with me.

He'd claimed that soccer is too dirty and not exciting at all.

And here I thought I was the diva.

The team leader, at least I think he was the team leader cause his jersey had a different color, was a chubby-cheeked boy

and his jersey read Xiumin.

"Couldn't you have gone alone?" Baekhyun complained next to me.

"How would that look like?" I scoffed.

He then pouted.

"You could have asked someone else..."

He'd said it very quietly, I bet he hoped I wouldn't have heard.

"I tried. But Lay and Suho went on a date and Kyungsoo said that, and I quote him here, 'his of a boyfriend already

begged him to accompany him'."

"And how is that my fault?" Baekhyun whined again.

I just rolled my eyes and told him to shut up.

Surprisingly enough, he did.

But of course only for a few seconds until he spotted something.

"Tao!" He whisper-screamed, hitting my arm several times.

"What?!" I snapped at him.

"Look!"

Not the slightest bit offended by my tone he pointed somewhere at the bottom of the grandstand.

Following his out-stretched arm with my gaze I saw what got him so excited.

There at the base of the grandstand were the school-kingkas and Kyungsoo.

Though I couldn't tell whether his excitement was because Kyungsoo actually showed up with the school-kingkas or because of Chanyeol.

Probably the latter.

I stared at Kyungsoo for a while.

He didn't seem uncomfortable, not comfortable either but at least not uncomfortable.

It was obvious that he'd rather have more distance between himself and the other kingkas, though.

Kris and Chanyeol didn't seem to mind Kyungsoo, while Sehun seemed to be making fun of Kai.

If it weren't for Kris I'd most likely gone down there as well, just so that Kyung wasn't as alone.

Well, and maybe to get Chanyeol and Baekhyun closer to each other.

But given the fact that Kris and Sehun were there and they both disliked me, I opted to stay where I was.

Throughout the match I kept stealing glances at Baekhyun.

He was merely looking at Chanyeol instead of watching the match.

I mentally made a note to about that later.

Luhan was good as far as I could judge.

He scored most of the goals, along with that Xiumin guy and in the end their team also won.

Xiumin hugged Luhan and I swore I heard hushed whispers immediately.

I quickly looked down to where Sehun was and sure enough he was fuming.

So either Xiumin didn't know who Luhan was or he had a death-wish.

I also noticed a brown haired boy snapping a photo of the hug.

I frowned but didn't pay too much mind to it.

I looked back at Sehun.

Kai was trying to calm him down together with Chanyeol.

Kris just smirked, seemingly amused by the whole issue.

I really hated that guy.

Luhan seemed obvious to the fact Sehun was mad cause he happily skipped to the locker rooms.

I silently prayed that this would end well.

"Let's get going or do you want to continue staring at Chanyeol for a little longer?"

Baekhyun's face took a red color and he muttered a silent 'Shut up'.

I all the way back to my room, where he slapped my arm.

"Just wait until you fall in love! You'll get this back twice!"

I rolled my eyes with a smirk.

"Sure."

Baekhyun huffed out some air and his heels.

Still snickering I opened the door to be greeted by an empty room.

"Seems like Lay's still out..." I muttered to myself as I went in, closing the door behind me.

I checked my phone only to see that I hadn't received any texts.

Lying down on my bed I pondered what to do.

I still had some homework to do but the thought didn't sound too appealing.

Neither did studying and I was too lazy to go to the gym and train.

So basically I had nothing to do.

A knock on the door pulled me out of my trace.

The sight that greeted me as I opened the door was horrible.

"Luhan-ge..." I nearly whispered as said boy quickly slipped into my room.

Shutting the door again I quickly turned to Luhan and hugged him tightly.

He was crying and his red, swollen eyes told he already had been crying some time.

I really wanted to know what had happened but held in my curiosity for the sake of my friend.

He needed to calm down and then I would ask.

Maybe he didn't even want to talk about it.

But I didn't even need to ask because as soon as he stopped hiccuping in between his cries he started talking.

"Se-Sehun and I fought." He said barely audible.

"What!?"

I loosened the embrace to hold him away from me so I could check whether he was hurt anywhere.

Luhan just shook his head.

"N-Not like that. He'd never h-hurt me."

"Obviously he did." I growled.

"B-But he'd ne-ver hit me."

His voice was still small and I really wanted to beat Sehun up for this.

Instead, knowing that Luhan wouldn't like that, I pulled Luhan to sit down on my bed, sitting down next to him.

He'd collected himself enough to talk steady by now.

"He doesn't like Minseok..."

But he was still very silent.

I didn't want to question who Minseok was but I guessed it was that Xiumin guy from the soccer team.

"And he wanted me to leave the soccer team again."

So I was right.

"But I told him I liked it there and didn't want to leave it. He then screamed at me that he would not watch me being that

lovey dovey with that guy so I had to leave the team."

Luhan paused and I could see he was fighting his tears back.

I rubbed his back, hoping to calm him down somewhat.

After a deep breath he continued.

"I screamed back that I wouldn't not leave the team and he can't decide over me. He said I was about to cross a line and

I shouldn't make that mistake a-and then my patience kind of... snapped? I got calm and told him that humans make mistakes.

It's in their nature and that maybe one of my mistakes was choosing to be with him. He didn't say anything for a long time then...

and when he did, as I was about to leave the room, he said... if you leave this room now you don't need to ever come back."

Luhan was shaking again and the just dried traces of the past tears wetted once again.

I hold him close and rocked us back and forth.

"It's okay... It's gonna be alright..."

He shook his head violently.

"No! I-I left! I left... I wi-... He will never be with me again..."

That was the first time I understood how much Luhan loved Sehun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Don't hate me. Please, I already hate myself for this so...

There's no need for you to hate me as well >.<