STRIKE ONE

Rebel
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] STRIKE ONE [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

 

 

Sorry for the long wait! I'm mega busy (AnnieWilson) with school work/assignments since final exams are coming up. However, I'm on holiday for the next two weeks so hopefully more updates will come. Since AlexWilson is away with the family (yes, they've abandoned me coz I need to study and they don't) the updates will most likely be written by me. Note that the next three chapters have already been written, they're just waiting for release ;)

 

Without further ado, CHAPTER FIVE!

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the end of the school day, 4:30pm, and I was packing up my German books. I slung my bag over my shoulder and left the class on my own accord, seconds before the final bell rang. The headmistress had forced me to attend the rest of my classes after the little hot coffee incident. Now, I was to make my way to detention.

 

 

“Serena-ssi!” Seohyun called out from a few doors down. I stopped and turned, waiting for her to catch up with me. She smiled and I smiled back, my mission still in mind. Not only that but she was the least annoying girl I’d met so far in this school. “I’m worried you’ll get into trouble about your clothes so we should go get you a school uniform.”

 

 

“It should be arriving soon,” I sighed, uninterested in the topic. I turned to leave but she caught my wrist, pulling me back. I stiffened but didn’t retract it. “We can’t get it now. I have detention.” Her eyes widened to the size of lemons.

 

 

“Mwoya!? Wae yo!?” she exclaimed and I shrugged. “What did you do?”

 

 

“I may or may not have poured hot coffee onto the receptionist’s computer,” I replied casually and her jaw dropped. I smacked her arm and flashed her a wink. I switched from Korean to English. “Catch you later, roomie.”

 

 

I left her standing in the middle of the hallway, speechless. I made my way to the classroom the headmistress had instructed me to go to after my last class. It was near the end of the other side of the school. I knocked on the door and entered it slowly. There was a woman sitting sluggishly behind a desk, her feet atop it and her eyes closed. She was snoring loudly with a book resting on her chest, her head hanging to the side.

 

 

“Uh…” I closed the door behind me and looked around. There was no one else in here but me and the sleeping woman whom I suspected to be the teacher. “Hello?” I walked over to her and poked her cheek. Drool streaked her chin and I recoiled in disgust. “Yo, wake up.” I poked her again, harder this time. She snorted before settling again. “Oh, for ’s sake.”

 

 

Deciding I’d be better off without interruptions, I let her be and looked around her desk. There was a note attached to a single sheet of paper. I read it:

 

 

When Oh Serena arrives, have her write a 1000 word essay on why she should never throw hot liquid at someone.

 

 

My eyebrows shot up and I scoffed. What the hell? I didn't throw the coffee at the , I poured it over her computer!

 

 

“Liar,” I grumbled, shaking my head. I left the sheet of paper and walked to the back of the room. I pulled out a seat and plopped myself down, putting my feet up on the desk. I then dropped my bag onto the seat beside me and took out my phone. I went onto whatsapp and started texting Aron.

 

 

 

 

 

 

My phone buzzed and I rolled my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I snorted and chuckled, typing away on my phone. It was always fun chatting with Aron, he had a knack for making life a whole lot brighter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was mid-sentence when I heard the door open. I lifted my eyes up to see the headmistress entering the room. Immediately, the teacher jolted away and scrambled to her feet, bowing to the other woman. I quickly ended my conversation with Aron, against my own wishes.

 

 

 

 

 

I slipped my phone into my pocket and folded my arms. I kept my feet up on the desk and watched the headmistress as she marched over to me with a peculiar expression on her face. She stopped before me and glanced at my feet. I quirked a brow and she sighed, shaking her head.

 

 

“Where is your essay?” she asked and I shrugged, not saying a word. I shoved my feet off the table and I narrowed my eyes at her. “I don’t know what kind of game you think you’re playing but let me inform you that this institution will not stand for such…atrocity! Do you even understand the severity of this situation?”

 

 

“It was a computer,” I snorted and she gasped.

 

 

“It was a person! Mrs Goo said you aimed right at her,” she hissed and I scoffed, shaking my head. “You could have badly burned her if she hadn’t jumped out of the way.” As if. The lying is trying to set me up…but isn’t that what I want? “Are you listening to me, Oh Serena?!”

 

 

“I’m listening…I just don’t give a ,” I retorted, plastering a sugary sweet smile on my face. She clenched her jaw angrily and pinned me with an icy gaze. “I’m not apologising and I’m not writing the damn essay. Arasso?”

 

 

“Listen here, missy,” she growled, slamming her hands down on the desk. I leaned in and rested my cheek in the palm of one hand. I smiled up at her and nodded for her to continue. “This is not some pathetic public school where you can mess around and get a slap on the wrist for misbehaving. You will be dealt with according to your crime.” Well, you have one thing in common with Professor Johnston…you both misuse the word ‘crime’.

 

 

“Yeah, okay,” I sighed and her eyes widened. “Well? Are you going to punish me or are you just going to stand there?”

 

 

The woman laughed hollowly and straightened up, removing her hands from the desk. She folded her arms and shook her head at me. “Your father said you might pull stunts like this. Believe me when I say that I am a very hard woman to break, Miss Oh. You are not getting out of this school.” I narrowed my eyes at her as my smile disappeared from my face. She smirked. “I would take your phone away but since your father insisted you keep it…I’ll just have to find another way to punish you.”

 

 

“Good luck,” I spat out and she bowed her head. She turned around and left the room, leaving me slightly annoyed. The teacher at the front cleared and fixed her squint glasses. She looked at me and I shot her a challenging look back. “Can I help you?”

 

 

She gulped and shook her head. “A-aniyo, you can leave.” I scoffed and got up, storming out of the classroom. I couldn’t deal with any of my roommates right now so I just went for a walk around the school. The corridors were still busy, though less so than before the final bell rang. It was because a lot of the students boarded the school so they always had a reason to wander around.

 

 

I decided to revisit the facilities that I hadn’t gotten a proper look at on my tour with Seohyun. I found that at least half of them were closed, with signs on the doors stating ‘ALL GIRLS KEEP OUT. PRIVATE SESSION.’ I reached the gymnasium and groaned when the doors were also locked. I shook them a few times before giving up.

 

 

Now, it wasn’t just my desire to get into trouble that was driving me. I was also curious as to why the hell so many of the facilities were closed off when Seohyun told me they were accessible to any and all students.

 

 

I went outside and walked through the courtyards and fields until I found my way to the back of the gymnasium. I prayed that the backdoors were unlocked. I snuck over to them and looked over both of my shoulders, making sure no one could see me. I didn’t want to get caught before I even had a chance to cause trouble. I twisted the door handle and sighed in relief when it was unlocked. I pulled them both back and silently entered the hall, carefully closing the doors behind me.

 

 

“HEY, YOU,

Please log in to read the full chapter