WHOLE SCHOOL DETENTION

Rebel
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] WHOLE SCHOOL DETENTION [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

Sorry for the long wait. We don't even have a good excuse other than 1) writer's block and 2) we keep thinking up plots for other stories and planning those out instead of writing chapters for the stories we already have ._. ANYWAYS we're gonna try to wrap this story up by the end of August, forreal. Hope we manage!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unfortunately, that was the highest point in our day. Sure, Jaehwa and I successfully pulled off the prank, but we unsuccessfully got away with it. Meaning, we were not reprimanded in any way. We even tried showing the pictures to the Headmistress but she wrote it off as photoshop.

 

 

I was livid. 

 

 

Jaehwa was merely annoyed.

 

 

I decided we had to become bigger pests to the school.

 

 

We tried multiple things; swearing loudly in class, interrupting lessons with phone calls and incessant chatter, putting up water slides in the hallways. All we received were detentions, and sometimes we didn't even get that. Sometimes, we just received cleaning duties.

 

 

I was past livid.

 

 

“We need to do something big,” I came out with one day, weeks after the bug infestation prank. We were only five days or so from Spirit Week and I planned to get in trouble before then. Jaehwa looked up from the test tube in front of her and turned to me. We were in chemistry, carrying out the instructions given to us by the teacher.

 

 

“Like?”

 

 

“I don’t know but it has to be big,” I continued, chewing on my lip. We continued working for another fifteen minutes.

 

 

Then, an idea hit me like a bucket of cold water and my eyes lit up wonderfully. I looked at Jaehwa with a growing smile on my face.

 

 

“We need to get detention.”

 

 

She let out a short laugh, “Piece of cake.” She picked up a tub of a silvery element that was labelled with various warnings. I recognised it as sodium. She took a piece of the sodium and dropped it into an empty beaker. She grabbed a tube and filtered in chlorine gas. I watched in fascination as she then let a drop of water into the test tube.

 

 

“What does that d—” My question was cut short by an explosion. It was brief but loud, enough to make a few people fall off their chairs. Jaehwa and I were two of those people. I scrambled to my feet and couldn’t believe it when a surprised laugh fluttered from between my lips.

 

 

“What on earth was that!? Is everyone alright!?” our chemistry teacher demanded. Jaehwa and I looked at each other and she joined me in my laughter. The teacher rushed over to us. “You two! Im Jaehwa, didn’t you hear me specifically warn everyone not to mix sodium and water?”

 

 

“I just wanted to make some salt, ma’am,” Jaehwa said innocently. 

 

 

“You add chloride to sodium to make salt, not water,” the teacher chided. “I’m very disappointed in you, Im Jaehwa. You put yourself, as well as your partner and your classmates, in danger. I’m going to have to give you a two hour detention every day for the next two weeks.”

 

 

“You can’t only blame her!” I blurted, suddenly worried that Jaehwa would be the only one punished. I needed detention, too. I was, after all, the one with the idea. “I was the one who told her to do it. I just wanted to see what would happen.” I pouted my lips.

 

 

The teacher sighed and rubbed her forehead, “In that case, both of you will be given detention. That was a seriously dumb thing to do girls, I hope you understand that.”

 

 

Even though we were being punished, I liked the teacher. She was reasonable. 

 

 

“We understand, Doctor Kim,” I said. “We’re really sorry.”

 

 

“So am I. You violated a top rule in the department, I’m afraid I’ll have to give you whole school detention,” she told us. Jaehwa’s eyes widened and multiple students in the room gasped. As I looked around, I saw a mixture of envy and relief in their eyes. “Tidy up your station and restart your experiment. Your detention will commence after it’s been cleared with the Headmistress.”

 

 

“Ne, saem,” Jaehwa mumbled, bowing her head. I repeated her words and action. With a satisfied nod, the teacher walked back to the front of the class and I immediately turned to my friend in question. “Whole school detention. Wow. I haven’t had that in years.”

 

 

“What is it?” I asked. She shifted her eyes to me.

 

 

“It’s for the worst of acts. Like, if you did something seriously wrong, you get put to whole school detention,” she answered. “No one wants to go because the teacher that takes the classes is absolutely awfully. It’s an outsider, called in especially for the class.”

 

 

“Seriously?”

 

 

“She trained in the military so she forces you to do pushups and in the classroom. You have to write essays, too, otherwise you’re punished even more,” she continued. My eyebrows shot up. “And trust me, you can’t use your smart- attitude with her. I've tried and failed.”

 

 

“It’s a her?”

 

 

“It’s an it,” Jaehwa snarled, making me chuckle. “So, no one wants to go…but at the same time, there’s one good thing that comes from it.”

 


“And what’s that?” I asked with a quirked brow.

 

 

“Whole school detention, because it’s only for the worst troublemakers and taken by one teacher, is shared between MEGA and Cheonsa.” Both of my eyebrows shot up, almost touching my hairline. A smirk etched my face and I bit my lip. “Does that complicate your untold plan or improve it?”

 


“Oh, it definitely improves it,” I purred, eagerly wiping away the aftermath of Jaehwa’s impromptu experiment. “This is going to be fun, Im Jaehwa. I can promise you that. But…” I looked up from the table, flicking my eyes to her. “We’re going to need a little help from MEGA boys.”

 

 

Her own smirk marked her face.

 

 

“Leave that to me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No, but seriously, I don’t get how the actual Leo hasn’t won an Oscar yet. Like, he’s one of the goddamn best actors alive yet the Academy are too ing stupid to award him for his excellence. It really peeves me!”

 

 

Jaehwa continued to ignore me as she typed away on her laptop. I had my feet up on the table, near the device, and my phone sat comfortably on my stomach. She was busy ordering the supplies we’d need for our next big prank. We were in the middle of the almost-completely-deserted library.

 

 

You’d think more people would worry about studying when they attended such an elite school — and you’d be wrong. 

 

 

“Plus, he’s super cute,” I added as I picked up my vibrating phone. “Y’ello?”

 

 

“Blue. How’s it going?”

 

 

“Things could possibly be looking up,” I answered him. “I’ve got a stellar idea and I think it’s going to get me in some serious trouble.”

 

 

“I look forward to hearing all about it,” Aron said and the smirk in his voice was easily detectable. “But that’s not really what I called about.” I quirked a brow and waited for him to continue. “Your brother reactivated his KakaoTalk account.”

 

 

“The bastard,” I instantly growled. Jaehwa looked up and I realised I’d spoken in Korean. “I’m on the phone to Aron.”

 

 

“Okay.” She went back to what she was doing and I redirected my attention to Aron.

 

 

“I’ve tried contacting him through Facebook, twitter, Ask.fm, everything!” I groaned and brushed a hand through my hair. “He’s obviously seen my messages, he just refuses to reply. How pathetic is that? He won’t even give me a chance to explain.”

 

 

“He’s an idiot,” Aron said and I snorted in agreement. “Try contacting him through KaokaoTalk and see what happens.”

 

 

“What if he doesn’t reply? Wait, for him to not reply he’d actually have to accept my friend request…” I snorted a sarcastic laugh and shook my head. “And we both know that, that’s never going to happen. Face it, Aron, the guy hates me.”

 

 

“He doesn’t hate you,” Aron tried comforting me. I scoffed. “Okay, maybe he does hate you. But he won’t be able to escape you now. You go to the school right next to his, remember? Stop lazing around and use that to your advantage.”

 

 

I sighed, “You’re right. After this prank, I’m going to talk to him. In person, not through a screen. It’s about time Oh Sehun acknowledged his little sister.” A loud clash rang through the library and I looked around to find the source. Jaehwa was also interrupted from her deep concentration on the laptop.

 

 

“Hey, you okay?” one student asked another, who’d tripped over a cart of new books. The girl scrambled to her feet and her eyes flew to me before widening. I quirked a brow at her and she quickly looked away, bowing to the other student before fleeing from the library.

 

 

“Well, that was weird,” Jaehwa commented before fixing her eyes back on the screen of the laptop. “Yah, Serena. Check this out.”

 

 

“I’m gonna have to call you back, Aron,” I said.

 

 

“Alright, chat later, babe.” I hummed in agreement and hung up before scooting closer to the girl beside me. I looked at the laptop screen. 

 

 

“That’s a whole lot of paint,” I murmured, a smile teasing to surface. “Order huge bottles of water, the ones used for dispensers. We’ll water the paint down, only slightly, enough so that we’ll be able to put them

Please log in to read the full chapter