red carnation

speak to me through flowers

 

red carnation; my heart aches for you; admiration

 

word count: 2.4 k

 

 



wait- what? did jungkook hear it right? jimin being deaf? wait he can't be right. right?

"i- i don'-" "i think that this is something you should know, jungkook", taehyung smiled bittersweetly. "i don't- uh- wanna tell the whole story about this but let's keep it this way for now, ok? it's just jimin's been through a lot, quite a lot."

taehyung continued to smile even with his voice shaking as he looks at his fingers. "i'm sorry but how did you know each other?", jungkook asked straightforwardly. taehyung finally looked up, "i met him since diaper days", maybe his mood have lighten up just a bit, "we were best buds since then and during that time....jimin was the happy and cheerful kid as he always is until- yeah".

things like this doesn't need to be spoken, you can see it by the way his eyes look down and turns small; it shows. there are thousands of things people can't easily talk about and maybe they think time has healed the wounds, but to be honest even if it did, it'd still hurt. let's just say jungkook doesn't need anymore words because he knows that pain is pain, "y-you don't have to talk about it".

taehyung looks back at him with cresent eyes and a single nod, "thanks, but don't worry jiminnie has always been a cute kid", and jungkook smiled back since he knew that its true. and all of a sudden taehyung blushes hard, "i-ah where could ah- m-mr. s-seo-seokjin b-be?", his voice was stuttering that jungkook couldn't help but silently snicker.

"ah jin hyung's out" 'practicing dancing just for you ain't that sweet?', jungkook silently thought as he answered taehyung because he might just get killed and he's not willing to die yet. taehyung's face softens at the sound of jin's name and jungkook finds this adorable, which he can possibly use as a weapon to get to know jimin. smart jungkookie, but apparently he's nice and taehyung is jimin's friend and his only connection with him, he can't just ruin this.

taehyung turns back to jungkook and looks him intently in the eyes, "i know you like jiminnie, i really hope you could look after him, nicely...please?", jungkook may be hearing things right now but he likes the sound that taehyung creates; or maybe its just about what taehyung says. taehyung couldn't possibly just give or probably offer to him jimin, that jimin, that park jimin, that park jimin who was a pretty boy, who was deaf and the person that jungkook, jeon jungkook admires or probably loves (but jungkook still calls it a crush).

"y-you d-" "i meant what i said", taehyung stands up from his chair, "i'll be going then--", and he turns red again as if he's about to say something unbelievable once again, "--and also p-please tell m-m-mr. seokjin to be -um b-back s-since i like his d-dr-drink?", and he did.

jungkook nods and taehyung hurries out, "a-ah thanks! see you again!", he waved goodbye, "tomorrow! i want you to go with me to jiminnie!" "wait what?", "no more explanations! goodbye! tommorow alright!", and he was gone leaving a dumbfounded jungkook alone in the shop.

it was hard to swallow reality, it tasted bitter and it never created a good ending. at some point he already accepted the bitter reality but hearing about jimin's hearing deficiency, his whole world turned. maybe because its new or maybe because it was unexpected.

for someone as accepting and kind as jimin he couldn't think anything bad would've happened to him, yet something did.



sitting by the window in his room, jungkook is drawing flowers. he was a talented kid and drawing was a talent of his that everyone appreciated. learning to draw flowers needed a bit of passion around the edges of the petals and the of the leaves and jungkook likes it; by the fact that its about flowers and that jimin likes flowers.

there's something different when you're doing something for the person you like and for the first time in jungkook's life he realized a new set of feelings that could either be good or bad. mrs. jeon knocks on his door, "dinner's ready". jungkook hums in agreement to go down after he finishes what he's doing.

thinking back on it, jungkook easily accepted the fact that jimin was deaf. i mean, it probably was the reason why jimin never notices him right? but what he couldn't agree to was why does it have to be jimin? there are tons of other people around, why him?

to have completely no chance on a guy you're crushing on and to double the amount that he simply can't hear. jungkook was out of words, communication was his one and only plan on the first step but apparently it failed before it even started.

jungkook sets down his pencil and admires his drawing of red carnations for a bit. it's pretty like park jimin, yeah, he'd admire red carnations like the way he'd admire park jimin, after that he heads downstairs to eat. mrs. jeon was already eating as she prompts jungkook to sit next to her while sipping on her soup. "how is the cafe seokjin's handling?", mrs. jeon asks.

"it's alright mom", jungkook answers, "but it really isn't right? i mean they have less customers and the tea flower shop in front has more. also you're a dedicated fan of the tea flower shop, oh, poor coffee shop, the coffee shop is losing its game, son", mrs. jeon answers, apparently she knows (i mean mother knows best right? but in reality mothers just know, i mean they know, like a lot). "mom, you talk like a man", jungkook snorts earning a cough from his mom and a slap on his abdomen.

"don't talk bad about me! plus i think i'm hot when i talk this way plus your father thinks it's cute, don't you think so?", jungkook just looks at his mom posing weirdly as he sips on his soup, father is a stupid weirdo. "why are you not answering me? i think its true though", mrs. jeon poses once again and jungkook sarcastically coughs at her statement.

mrs. jeon looks at her son in an annoyed way, "you should really stop that before i start to think that you can live on your own" "okay fine you're pretty cool". mrs. jeon smirks in victory, "told you".

"okay atleast your fever's gone, we should also thank seokjin for that and you--", jungkook looks at his mom "better get to your beauty sleep as i wash the dishes". as jungkook goes back to his room his mom shouts at him-


 

"don't use too much body spray tomorrow! you smell bad with it since you sweat also the man from the tea flower shop won't fall for you like that!"

 

"mom!"



oh how she knows.



how many times has jungkook washed his head today? maybe this is the fourth time? putting on clothes for the third time and washing his face for the sixth time. leaving the house finally after a frantic mother who was thinking that her son might have gotten an ocd in a matter of days. jungkook embarrasingly accepted - did what his mother told him last night. (well it was quite a nice try)

arriving at the coffee shop, jungkook sees taehyung inside early in the morning and for the time being he's having a nice conversation with seokjin and it looked so cute how the two of them would laugh at each others remarks and both of their eyes would turn to cresents.

in matter of minutes, taehyung and seokjin finally noticed the lonely boy, jungkook. "are you ready to go to the flower shop?", taehyung joins him as sits on his certain seat. "he should be", seokjin states while wiping the counter.

"what do you mean hyung?" "i mean you're dressed, right? and your mother called and asked me if you were having an obsessive compulsive disorder, you were practically running around the house, she said", taehyung looked excitedly at jungkook, "so let's meet jiminnie~".

taehyung tried his best to make jungkook stand up but apparently, "i think my feet are stuck on the floor" "i think i stink" "i still have homeworks to do" or "i have to feed my cat". taehyung hated his excuses, there are no glue on your shoes, you smell just fine, we don't have summer homework and seokjin had to answer about his cat issues saying jungkook absolutely doesn't have a single cat.

jungkook doesn't have any escape route at all even asking innocent hoseok to take him away from there but hoseok was silently snoring in the back room. which means he just has to go to the flower shop this early in the morning and he doesn't even know if his breath smells fine or that his wearing an oversized shirt or is even wearing the right boxers or that maybe he should have really wore a body spray instead of talking to his mom about his stinky sweat smell or should he have worn a watch? or bought some flowers? or he should have exercised first or---

"alright, enough, let's go!", taehyung pinches a bit hard jungkook's left cheek (the kid wouldn't stop whining at all). "you'll be fine, i promise, won't he, seokjin-sshi?", seokjin just nodded and handed three chocolate chip frappucino and smiled while patting jungkook's head. "look, shouldn't you be happy? wipe that sad look on your face", jungkook finally smiled and commented, "thanks dad", earning a pinch from the said man, a laughing taehyung and an embarrased seokjin. (also an irritated hoseok because he says he's the real dad)

they headed in and jungkook hates it that he feels so small as he entered inside. there weren't many people yet but to him it felt like he would lose all the oxygen in his body. maybe not just oxygen but his soul since the park jimin was approaching them. jungkook feels like he could sell his soul to the devil just to see this always (but he's scared so he wouldn't). and for a bit, he tried his best to ignore how his fingers are apparently finding each and every spaces in his clothes. for a bit of time, he's finally seeing him and he feels that maybe this is the way fans feel when they see their idols. like how forming words in your head would be so hard because they just look so breathtaking and that, yes, they take your breath away and leave you with it.


 

it was a ing crime to let park jimin and jeon jungkook meet.



because jungkook can't take it at all and he knows that he's probably sweating, sweating like a lot. and he couldn't just ignore how jimin's brown hair suits his facial features a lot and how he looked like a kid wearing a worn out apron and a blue ombre sweater with dark blue tight pants. maybe it's just anything that'd suit jimin because he's got this face that would match any outfit and how his small build could lie about his muscles, just the same way his baby face would.

 

to jungkook, jimin's simplicity was already perfection and that park jimin was too much for jeon jungkook.

 


and yes, i'd be lying if i didn't say jeon jungkook is hyperventilating right now as jimin observes him closely. jungkook can't quite create what jimin is speaking about because his ears feel numb with the beating of his heart but apparently taehyung's hand gestures that points to him would mean that he's saying you should meet jeon jungkook.

"let's sit there", thank god taehyung finally. jungkook prompts down to his sit and apparently still can't create any words out at all (after what has happened you can't possibly just speak anything at all, this was all new to baby jungkook and you can't blame him). "here's yours", taehyung handed jungkook a chocolate chip frappucino with a letter written, 'for being a good kid today(?) aha stay strong kookie i'm so proud~ ;/////;'.

jungkook snickers at the nickname, "so you have a nickname for me now?". taehyung smiles back at him, "i create nicknames for friends that i think are true", for a bit his smile was dazzling but it had a hint of sadness or maybe loneliness(?). jungkook let his thoughts wander on the pretty smell of flowers and the sweet smell of bittersweet teas. while glancing here and there, jungkook smelt a very sweet smell of chocolate fondue. looking back on the table, jimin is now sitting beside taehyung and jungkook is sweating.

but there's an evident smell of chocolate which jungkook really likes. "dig in?", taehyung says and jimin smiles at jungkook. "jimin says it's his treat", jungkook's fingers were back on sweating and his voice was stuttering, "t-t-tha-nk y-y-ou".

"can i hope that you're saying 'thank you' to me?", jimin looks at jungkook straightly and jungkook's heart is going wild. seeing his small eyes turn to cresents as if they disappeared makes jungkook's heart flutter and he can't help but nod furiously as a blush forms on his cheeks. while his hand is practically shaking and he thanks the table for being a bit high that his feet and hands weren't seen shaking. jimin's smiling face was pure heaven and his voice was so angelic that jungkook thinks that the air jimin breathes in was different than the oxygen mixed with pollution that jungkook breathes in.

everytime jungkook looked at his small build, he feels that small sense of wanting to protect him. that jimin was someone so special and so fragile, that he has to be touched gently the way a mother would to her children. that jimin was someone that would easily break and bend when you do a simple wrong thing. there was something special that jungkook feels whenever jimin was around and it wasn't just the fluttering butterflies in his stomach, it was to want him, touch him but in gentle ways that when he'd let out a soft cry it would pierce right through him. it wasn't a simple coincidence and crushes usually turn to something else, just like how jungkook realized all of this.

 

"hi, nice to meet you jeon jungkook"


'oh how i wished you know how much my heart aches for you, park jimin'


a/n: yes, i'm sorry i did a late update again, apparently i've been having problems (and it's about health) so i haven't been able to think this story through. it was quite hard but here i am again ehe~ i'm sorry again because i feel like i did a cliff hanger and people hate it actually (just like me) but anyway they have finally officially meet and jungkook is fanboying right now ;//////; so my original plan was to create a 3k word count on this chapter but i failed (i'll do it some other time because i definitely had to finally update and get my lazy off the bed) so those who waited j_mutiara, not sure if it's your name here (i kinda forgot if this was the right spelling but here you go i did my best and the saturday thing happened) and kailsoo (who has been bugging me after reading the first chapter to finally finish the story anw i love you beh) and to all of you who's reading the author's note oh wow i salute you, and those that commented that said they were waiting for the next chapter thank you, i didn't really think there would be people reading this. also i feel like this is a boring chapter but thank you for your support. <333

i had to specially mention them because i promised for this update on saturday and here it is ahaha 

cute cute cute

cute kid

cute af

cute s

cutiepatooties

cutiepies

(i worked on this cute thing, since i don't really use adorable a lot)

i hope you guys don't hate me for being late nd boring anw i luv yu all (also isn't jungkook's mom cute? ehe)