red rosebud

speak to me through flowers

 

red rosebud; pure and lovely

 

word count; 3.5 k

(i'm doing pretty good with this 3k thing, such an achievement ;-;)

 


a/n: beware of my fluff (may or may not have succedeed) but you have been warned

 

you may proceed


 

"chimchim", he'd look because he knows he was called by his friends.

"jimin-shi", he realizes it was his teacher.

"jiminnie~", he recognized taehyung's voice.

"jimin", he thinks it's a classmate.

"hey", maybe it's a stranger.

"jimin-ah", must be his relatives.

"park jimin!", he met his worst nightmare.

 

and nothing, he heard nothing, no one.

which one's the nightmare?

 

he woke up early again, crying this time. this wasn't the first, and as much as it'd be the last, he'll never get used to it. it was scary, it was painful, terrifying and a bloody of mess. i guess nightmares are my best friend now huh, he thinks to himself.

 

you'll be fine, just hold on-

 

the oh-so-cool park jimin who dances on stage with his dance crew which people were the same as his age, taehyung being one of them was dead. it died such a long time ago. plus the story wasn't worth hearing now, nobody needs to hear it when he himself was taken out of having it. how does it feel not to hear? like .

 

stop thinking jimin, please-

 

what did it feel like to hear the music? it was great, so much fun just dancing to the rythm. freestyle, he was great at that. what'd he do wrong? he loved everyone, he loved everything, was grateful of everything, was happy of everything, was smiling at everything even if it hurts, he loved people even if they hurt him. even if they were the one who were supposed to show him affection, all the care and the need from the world in just simple hands. but what? nothing.

 

it's okay, you're okay-

 

but hey, no more hard feelings, they're gone. it wasn't his fault but he blamed himself, they all blamed him. he was innocent but they thought he was a piece of . there's no stopping it, he'll never hear again, he should be thankful. he won't hear another ed up sentence from everyone. he wouldn't get hurt that way yet why? why is it eating him up from inside and out? isn't it already finished? then why.

 

no no, calm down-

 

why do i have to suffer? i didn't want things to go this way, i never did. it wasn't my fault. i love them, it wasn't me, it was an accident, i swear. why won't everyone believe me? i didn't-

 

 

 

two , three on his cheeks. it shutted him up.

 

"dooly?", dooly him again, dogs are great companion, yeah. jimin smiled, at least dooly wakes up earlier than him, "thanks dooly", jimin knows he barked even if he didn't hear it. he smiled at him and kissed his silently barking friend's forehead.

 

he was thankful, he always was.

 

an early jog was the answer plus dooly hasn't been having his exercise since jimin was busy. as much as running around the house was okay it was much different when you run around the park, dogs gotta have what they need too. and well jimin obliges because dooly can't just have another furniture brought down.

rummaging around his closet, he opens the box he always opened ever since he wanted to start a new life, and everyday new letters seem to find their way there. taehyung believes in me, yeah. he notices the letter he got from an anonymous-well-secret-admirer (?), he blushes and wonder how people these days can be so cheesy but it was charming, yet too cheesy and he tries to contain himself from smiling but damn, he already was. he closes it and tries to erase his thoughts on having another flower from his secret admirer today.

the mug with the yellow tulip was by the window, and he can't help but stare at it. no one's ever done that to him, i mean it was the first time he got a flower and with an anonymous message. his heart beat accelerated, he should feel scared right? because it was a stranger but sadly it wasn't that. he doesn't know what it is either so instead he just stopped thinking about it and fixes himself a water before going out to the park with dooly.

 

as expected dooly was faster than jimin, jimin let his leash off, he's not scared though, dooly always come back to him. well, for a good fifty minutes, he would but it's already been an hour and while jimin jogs around the park, dooly is still nowhere to be found.

'no, he can't be gone. he's still there, i'm sure of it. maybe for a good three minutes', jimin tells himself not to worry and decided to go to a nearby stall. he bought water, even if he has his own water bottle, just for refresh, or for dooly, i guess. he gulps his water bottle down and looks around some more for dooly. jogging is good for your health, right?

 

no, please, i need dooly-

 

i beg you, don't take him from me-

 

please-

 

 

two , three on his cheeks. dooly must love tears.

 

jimin latched onto the living thing as it's hair got soaked with tears, "dooly~". he cried some more, just a little bit, he can be vulnerable in front of dooly because dooly has been with him through it all. it was okay, dooly his hands.

the stranger in front was chuckling but jimin wasn't interested, he didn't hear or see him. his tears were blocking his line of sight, because dooly was about to be gone and he can't take that. until dooly budged and his line of sight was clear when he brushed his tears away, "jungkook?"

it was jungkook. the man who he met just two days ago but seemed fairly familiar to him. he always smelled that raw scent of a rosebud, or maybe that's just him, who knows maybe it's the red one. he's the only scent jimin seems to be attracted the most. taehyung smells like geranium with a hint of chrysanthemum. who knows how he smells that, flower language must have gotten him too much, he doesn't just understand it, he smells it. jimin doesn't know though but he's gotten used to it ever since he can't hear anymore. (that sounds a bit weird but in cases of people who can't hear, or someone with an impaired system, they tend to use all their senses in different ways, i know someone who does that and she tells me about it so this is where i got the idea)

talking helps at most cases but right now, he doesn't know what to say. maybe he should just act stupid, get dooly and run as fast as he can for his dear life. crying in front of someone he just met (well the casual meet like you know their name they know your name, not the i bump you, i run type of meet) a few days ago may probably not be the best idea. but jimin can't blame himself, he was about to lose dooly and dooly is like an essential part of his life, so it was totally fine, right? maybe, but why did he have to cry in front of jungkook.

jungkook reaches his hand out and smiles at jimin, jimin was absolutely stunned and dumbfounded just looking at the hand right in front of him. for a good three minutes or maybe five of staring, jimin finally took the hand and helped himself up, "i-ah t-thank y-ou", trembling as a blush crept up his face. jungkook was still holding his hand when he nodded and smiled directly at jimin, making jimin think that the yellow tulip should have been given to jungkook and not to him.

 

god, his smile was beautiful.

 

jimin squeezed jungkook's hand and the younger blushed awfully red. startled, jimin pulled his hand away even if he didn't want to leave the warmth yet, "uh-i-ah s-s-orry-y".jungkook shook his head furiously meaning it was ok, but ok for what? holding his hand and squeezing it or pushing it away? who knows, jimin thinks to himself and tells himself not to bother.

"this is my dog, dooly", jimin introduces but it looks like they met each other already and dooly seems to be attached to jungkook too. he's not the only one though -cough. but jungkook says hi to dooly, which jimin thinks must be, "hi dooly", because of his smile that must have been how he says the word 'hi' plus the way his lips pucker to form the 'doo' sound of the dog's name was also ing beautiful -cough cough.

in instinct, dooly held his paw high to bump jungkook's hand and jungkook, without knowing just stared at it. "ah, he meant hi too", stupid taehyung should just stop teaching my dog weird things. jungkook then high-fived the dog and caressed its head, smiling at it too. jimin couldn't help but smile that jungkook, well, kinda followed it easily, although it was sorta stupid way to say hello to a dog but he just looked too cute -dramatic coughing.

"were you with dooly?", jimin asked jungkook who looked up and nodded at him. "ho-" i can't ask him how, he thinks to himself, i wouldn't be able to understand what he'd say, "ah never mind". within a good minute of staring at the water bottle in his hand, jungkook suddenly stood up and rummaged through his bag.

of course, jungkook had his paper and pen, it was an everyday duty of writing letters, in secret. while jimin thinks that he must have came from the art store nearby that's why he had one. jungkook scribbled on the paper while jimin waited for a bit, and when he was done he handed it to him. jungkook must've red my mind.

 

'yeah, he kind of followed me while i was drinking water nearby ^^'

 

jungkook's handwriting was neat, probably as neat as the one he recieved yesterday but he liked this one. the one with an emoticon at the end, it kind of feels natural. "he didn't drink your water or did he?", jungkook nodded as answer and looked at dooly.

"i'm so sorry, i'll repay you!", jimin hurried to dooly's side and dropped his own water bottle to dooly for him to drink. "i didn't teach you to drink water from others, you", jungkook was smiling at him, because he was still taking care of others, or maybe the dog, but he was still, you know, instead of thinking of his own self plus the way he talked to the dog was unbelievable, it was too cute for his own good, how cute, jungkook mumbled to himself.

he was really glad jimin couldn't hear him.

 

jungkook wrote some more, and as jimin was still, well, talking animatedly to the dog who was still taking a sip from his water bottle, he smiled. about five minutes of jimin complaining cutely to the dog, he stood up and jungkook handed him another note.

 

'no no, it's alright, dooly's really cute', followed by a drawing of a cute dog, that doesn't even look like dooly, but close enough.

 

jimin chuckles at the drawing because it was seriously cute, making him think that jungkook must be an artist, "you must like to draw a lot, huh?". jungkook nods at him, smiling, that they could finally talk because even if his hands would bleed just by writing for him, he would, if it meant just having a conversation with park jimin.

"it's really cute", jimin chimes, "you're really cute", jungkook suddenly said out loud and it made him blush. "hm what?", jimin asked, tilting his head to the side. oh god, he was deaf, stupid jungkook, he mentally stabs himself and thanked the heavens for jimin not to hear that he stupidly said that he's cute out loud, but a part of him wished he did though. he wrote on the next note and jimin waited.

 

'i mean, i really like to draw ><'

 

jimin thought to himself that he didn't say you were cute, stupid, it was a different word, idiot. "that's a cool hobby, can you draw me?", not that 'french girls' pick up line, stupid titanic. at least, jimin knew how to control how he speaks.

jungkook blushes but jimin doesn't notice it, being blinded by his own stupidity. of course, i can draw you, i've drawn you a lot of times- no jungkook, that's too creepy, you just met him, get a grip- he scribbled on another note and jimin waits like always.

 

'yeah, sure why not? if i have the time, i'll make you one', followed by an ok sign and a kid with a face that jungkook thinks he looks like, well in a cartoon, or who knows, maybe a chibi form.

 

"great, i'd love to see some of your other drawings!", jimin chimes cutely and beams at jungkook, in which jungkook is likely to fall dead on the floor, dying because-of-too-much-cuteness. but he continues to scribble instead of falling flat to the floor. while jimin thinks he must be great at this, he's going to ing spend quality time with him -mentally coughing on his own.

 

'i can bring one later, or tomorrow, who knows, but i'll show you, want me to teach you? :)'

 

smile emoticon

i'm so ing smooth at this, jungkook thinks to himself, well at least that smiley face doesn't look so flirty. jimin immediately beams at him after reading the note, "yay!", jungkook smiles back at him. "i've always wanted to learn how to draw, thank you", jimin was genuinely happy and thankful to jungkook because reading manga had been his hobby since forever and who knows, maybe he could draw naruto too someday, well someday who knows, or luffy, or ichigo, maybe sasuke too.

 

'you're welcome, glad to help heh wink emoticon why didn't you learn earlier though?'

 

they were already sitted on the bench by now, jimin smiled back, "tae kinda influenced me with anime while i was, well, getting back on my life, kind of a long story", jungkook could see his eyes were sad. "but hey, it's okay now!", jimin said and putting a two thumbs up. "plus, i think i'm happy now too", it's true though. well, manga was his only choice since he couldn't hear what the characters would say, even if there were subtitles, it just wasn't fun. jungkook understood that without being told.

but it's not just manga or comics, he also genuinely liked books, such as about flowers or the one with romance and comedy s where the guy is ultra cold but super cheesy once he fell inlove, the kinda cliche love stories, but hey it was cute. "speaking of tae, how'd you two meet?", jimin looked back at jungkook.

jungkook was sort of taken aback, should he say that he met him in a maybe-cliche way too, because he wanted to know jimin? no, maybe some other idea. he scribbles on the paper and jimin waits patiently looking at him.

 

'long story too, but we met at the cafe where he frequents at ^^'

 

jimin chuckles at the note, "we both have long stories to tell", jimin looks up at jungkook's eyes directly. "let's talk about it freely when we're able to", jimin smiles at him and held out his free hand, "deal?", jimin said and jungkook happily grabs it, nodding at him and beaming the smile jimin seems to be attracted to.

"deal", jungkook says and jimin catches the word without it being heard, they both smile.

 

"anyway, it must be the place where seokjin works at right? tae's crushing on him too much", jimin laughs and jungkook could hear the angels sing, "seriously, he once wrote a long letter to me talking about seokjin, it kinda sounded in a weird poetic way but he's really in love!", jimin laughs once again and jungkook thinks the flowers must be blooming early this summer. "it's cute though, of how much of an effort he does just to see seokjin everyday", jungkook gulps and blushes a bit at how jimin seems to be opening up to him easily and the way he talks about the subject jungkook is exposed to.

jimin's eyes twinkle and formed into tiny moons as he smiled, "it's really cute, you know?", jimin giggles some more, "what if someone did the same to me?", jungkook gulps hard, "i'd be really flattered, i'll probably do the same to that person, well, if i like them", jungkook blushes hard. "but it's not really easy to like me", jimin sighs and jungkook can see that the sun didn't shine up so bright today, "it'd be weird liking someone who can't hear", jimin is sad but he still has a smile plastered on his face. jungkook started scribbling and jimin doesn't notice, "i don't think anyone'll easily like me, it's tough-".

jimin was, well, surpised? jungkook just shoved another note in between his hands and is gesturing him to read.

 

and he reads it, 'don't think like that, anyone can easily like you because you're likeable! what about me? i like you, so it's okay, don't think too bad about yourself. you're good', followed by a drawing which jimin thinks is him because he has small eyes and chubby cheeks plus his bangs on the side were on point though, it was done fastly so it looked a bit messy but he likes it.

 

maybe he'll start crying now, but he doesn't want to. he'll cry when he gets home, he doesn't want to be vulnerable for a second time in front of jungkook, not yet. although his tears sort of went past his eyes and dropped bit by bit to his cheeks, he's thankful not sad. because why is jungkook so nice to him? he's beautiful, too beautiful and what's more is, he's nice. the person to catch his heart must be so ing lucky, jimin concluded as he wiped his tears away looking at the side opposite jungkook."is this me?", jungkook nods at him.

"it looks cute", jimin chuckles, "but then, we'd have to call off the one time, you're going to draw me" jimin said and made an 'aww too bad' sound. "but thank you", and he truly is. jungkook scribbled once more and handed him another paper, smiling at him.

 

'that's okay, i'll draw you again! i'll come by later and draw you when you're free (・ω・)ノ'

 

that's a really cute emoticon, jimin thinks to himself, "yeah, let's do that", and he smiles back at him, "thank you". "no, like, really thank you", "really". jungkook scribbles and jimin waits.

 

'great, i'll see you later! (=゚ω゚)ノ

also you're welcome'

 

jimin smiles at the note and looks at the plastic where the notes came from, much to his surprise, it was empty. "did we finish your papers?", jungkook scrunches his nose and takes a look at the empty plastic, he nodded as an answer. "i'll repay you! i'm sorry! and-", jimin cuts himself off, mentally debating if he should say it or not.

jungkook mumbled a 'what?', which jimin caught because of his pretty lips forming an 'o'. just say it, jimin. "ah never mind-", jungkook wasn't satisfied with his answer and gestured him to go on, they we're having a great conversation too so he just didn't want it yet to stop.

 

 

"i still want to talk to you"

 

 

 

jimin blushed hard and looked away, same as to jungkook who was probably much more red than him, because it makes him hope. take a chance and simply free-fall. it makes him feel like he accomplished so much in life that taking a chance of being with jimin is scary but the only thing he could do and because he wants to. who knows what jimin's entire being is, he's seen enough beauty that any dysfunction is sure to be covered and he's sure to accept it all. as keen as it may sound, he'd swim hundreds of ocean, run thousands of miles, climb whatever building, just to make his way into jimin's heart, and with what jimin said, he'll get there, maybe not now, but he will, he hopes.

so he rummages on his bag and grabs for the receipt he just got from the art store, and writes on it, eager for more conversation.

 

'me too'

 

he writes and gives it to jimin who is equally as red as him, of course he was embarrased, who wouldn't be? and he smiles at it. but he stands up, calls for dooly, and much to jungkook's disappointment, "i'm sorry, i'll head home now". dooly comes running back to him and he puts on the leash at his dog.

they're leaving, jungkook thought to himself.

jimin had his back turned at him and was about to walk away when he turned around, still slightly tinted with that pink blush on his cheeks. "i-ah had fun today, thank you, really", jimin said, smiling at him with the papers left in between his pretty hands.

 

"also, see you later"


a/n: did i succeed in the fluff? i think i didn't though but i hope you like it plus school is on monday gdi nuuuuu ;--; forgive me for my bad crack hehehe but i tried. 

guys you have to check out jessie14's Jikook Moments Part 10  it's the first year anniversarry of her posting jikook moments since 2014, it's really pretty ;//////; (i really liked the sistar and bts song remix definitely jjang) O/////O(y)

a new chapter will also be uploaded in there's a reason why! check it out :)

also dooly is a siberian husky (my cousin owns one and its so goddamn fluffy)

also jungkook said he'd date jimin if he was a girl, OMAYGAD MY HEARTEU-

plus he said he was nice, and he buys him food and that when he smiles, his eyes are so pretty and that he's the most charming one, JUNGKOOK YOU DA MAN ;//////////;

(behold my feels)

stay tuned to what'll happen for their day (secretly drawing date fufu)