gloxinia and thornless rose

speak to me through flowers

 

gloxinia and a thorn-less rose; love at first sight

word count: 2.1 k

 


it definitely wasn't expected, it was summer vacation and vacation only meant fun and stupid unsure weather forecasts. not when the wind was so strong that you could barely keep your eyes open. not when the rain was pouring that you can't even notice anyone around. not when there is atleast a hundred meter distance from the coffee shop to the flower shop. it was unexpected and quite impossible to clearly see a pretty boy through a glass that has been covered with moist and rain drops.

but still, jeon jungkook saw park jimin.

it wasn't in an instant. he didn't fell in love with just one look but with that look he knew that this pretty boy just turned his whole world upside down. jungkook knew- he knew that he was screwed.

and that first time he spoke to him. after gathering all his courage to enter the flower shop, with his feet all wobbly that when you tap him he could instantly fall on the ground. it must have been the ground shaking but the pretty boy, jimin ignored him.

the flower shop wasn't an ordinary flower shop and he'd enter it and did his best on taking in the bitter taste of teas but loving the sweet fragrance the flowers leave in the shop. he tried- like everyday coming in to the flower shop but sadly the pretty boy would be usually in the garden, doing deliveries, fixing the windowshade and even if he was there jungkook was still ignored. he'd even tried fixing his hairstyle while he walks in, even tried staying for hours even until closing hours, even buying a thorn-less rose and secretly leaving it in front of the shop but no matter how much he tried nothing was progressing, he was looking like a fool there everyday.

jungkook knows that jimin isn't a heartless fool because he has seen him helping lots of people and smiling to the fullest for them. it was probably one of the most beautiful things in the world that he wanted to see up close.

and in that instant, he knows- jeon jungkook knows he wants park jimin.

it wasn't an easy made conclusion, but its what he wants.


"jungkook-ah! you should really stop sulking", yelled hoseok from the counter who was honestly tired of seeing his friend like this.

jungkook wasn't sulking, he was only thinking, thinking hard enough that he looks like he's sulking, "hyung". his tone was serious and hoseok knows that when his tone is serious there has to be an explainable reason why he's like this.

"what if you love someone that doesn't notice you?"

hoseok was taken aback, so jungkook must have been that poor hopeless boy who was inlove. which explains why he has been sulking in the exact same seat for three straight days looking through the exact same glass and watching the exact same shop.

"well i'll probably make them notice me no matter what. probably drop subtle hints for them to notice what i feel plus i'm not even bad at this love thing", hoseok answered.jungkook just sighed. i mean why would he not when he's definitely done a lot of things yet jimin still hasn't even noticed any hints or worse- him.


"this isn't your first sigh of the day, tell me your problem kid", hoseok is done with nonsensical talk and he wants a straight man-to-man talk. "you can tell anything to daddy", he teased leaning closer to jungkook.

"ew hoseok hyung, get away from me!", jungkook shouted. "seokjin hyung~ help me~", seokjin only looked at them with disgust as hoseok was crushing jungkook's bones, "really guys, really?".

"i told you to help me and get this hyung away from me! he's crushing me-", and with that hoseok stopped. "but really who's the lucky girl?", he asked. 'a girl hah', jungkook thought. it was a stupid idea, really. courting a guy who has no idea of what you are- a guy. "he's not....a-", he stuttered.

"wait -what 'he'?", hoseok widens his eyes as he sees jungkook blushing so hard. "jin! you better come here and hear this!", he shouts.

seokjin didn't move an inch from the counter because he already knows that jungkook has not even liked a single girl his whole life. "it's the guy from the flower shop-" "jin hyung~!", jungkook protested with his tomato-colored face.

"what? it's not like that guy is here", seokjin had a good point though. "plus you still have a bed head, aren't you going to the flower shop later?", jungkook sighed for the nth time, "no".

"can somebody tell me who he is? plus i didn't think that you'd be gay too, jungkook", hoseok whined. "well, i'm not like you. i'm not an: open uality to others", jungkook answered back and earned a slap by the shoulder from hoseok.

"but why didn't you tell us? i could've hooked you up with someone i knew!", hoseok said. "no- i'm not gay...its just.....him-", hoseok giggled as jungkook hid his face from the embarrasment. "oh so it's him-ua---"

the door opens and hoseok was shut. jungkook knew this guy- he was a junior when jungkook was a freshman, plus this guy was well-known in their school, kim taehyung. with his blonde hair that usually stood out from the crowd, it wasn't hard to distinguish him even with his small frame.

taehyung comes in and orders two chocolate chip frappucino. and to jungkook, it looks like taehyung is a regular customer since jin already headed to the station even without stating the order.

"thank you", taehyung writes a long sentence in different cups (which was weird because don't people just write names?), bowed and left the shop. jungkook was still looking at taehyung when he left and saw him enter the flower shop.

jungkook eyed seokjin and said, "why did he enter the coffee shop first before entering the flower shop? doesn't the flower shop sells drinks too?".

seokjin smiled sweetly while wiping the mess in the station, "he likes sweet things and flowers but he hates tea".

"aha! i know that smile! jin, what are you hiding from us?", hoseok laughed loudly. "i'm not hiding anything, stop accusing me", jin protested while jungkook only laughed at them still looking at the flower shop and thinking about him.

maybe there was nothing wrong in his attempts of catching jimin's attention or maybe it's not even enough. even though it was summer he thoroughly learnt about flowers; like maybe, you know, they could have something to talk about. jungkook even wanted to try out flower arranging and sacrifice his money on a special class for it but he failed pursuing his parents. no matter what, it wasn't enough because the pretty boy still doesn't acknowledge his presence.

jungkook just sighed because he thought that his efforts were great and that he could finally be noticed. but still jimin has not even looked at him for once.


walking on the street, jungkook looked up in the sky. he was searching for a rainbow, like maybe he could finally be lucky, get a pot of gold and get that flower arrangement class. but instead the clouds turned gray and it poured all of a sudden; no rainbow, no pot of gold, no flower arrangement class for short. "ah, , i don't have my umbrella, really lucky guy, jeon jungkook", he sighed as he ran for a spot to take cover.

waiting for the rain to stop, jungkook was bewildered when he saw a pretty boy riding a bicycle and carrying flowers. and his heart dropped when the pretty boy fell; 'of course it was hard even with the rain pouring how could you still be so hard working?', jungkook thought and immediately rushed to the pretty boy.

jimin didn't stand up fast, he stayed glued to the ground first before realizing he fell; which was a really cute gesture to jungkook. jungkook held the bouquet of flowers which were gloxinia with a bunch of thorn-less rose, he had learnt the meaning of this and thought that meeting right now like how he first saw him in a rainy evening; must have been fated. but let's just say jungkook likes it that its raining.

"ah i-i'm so sorry!....and...thank you", jimin held out his hand and took the flowers jungkook was holding. jimin bowed again and again and smiled just like how he would smile at others; the one jungkook thought was beautiful. jimin turned to go back to his bicycle and jungkook is hoping this doesn't finish yet. "w-wait jimin!", but then again, as always the pretty boy ignored him.

jungkook got up still drenched in the rain and saw the pretty boy leaving. but the pretty boy stopped and headed towards jungkook giving him a piece of thorn less rose and a gloxinia and mouthing the words, "i'm sorry and thank you" and still beautifully smiling to him. jimin bowed and left the dumbfounded man alone in the middle of the street.

maybe he didn't need that rainbow, jimin could be a new rainbow.


"woah woah woah man", hoseok feels a burning tinge in his hand as he cupped jungkook's forehead. "what?", jungkook hissed. "well your sick", hoseok answered.

"isn't it obvious?", jungkook answered as he enters the coffee shop wearing a facemask and a layered clothing. seokjin seemed worried at him and let him rest in the room. "wow, i didn't think you'd have a room since you have few customers", jungkook stated.

seokjin was pissed but he just lets it go, "this is an old shop and plus we're not the only coffee shop around", jin said. jungkook just nods, "why are you sick?". "because yesterday i was out in the rain, thank you", jungkook said and coughed a bit, asking for some water or something just to ease his throat.

"i thought you could handle yourself better than hoseok", seokjin states earning a protest from hoseok who was outside the room. "but guess not, plus he's got better ears", seokjin jokes and jungkook laughs while someone from outside shouts a thank you. "he's a ing animal; a horse, i tell you", jungkook mumbles and they both laugh while hoseok who was done playing this harsh game enters the back room.

"now, now, stop playing with me you two", hoseok says. "oh i forgot, i came in because your taehyung guy is ordering, jin i know you know this best". just with the word 'taehyung' jin stood up and headed out. and since he haven't given jungkook water yet, jungkook headed out too.

seokjin must have been a bit nervous when he talked to him but i think taehyung didn't even notice. "i-i've been wandering but why do you always buy two? and you write different messages in different cups-", seokjin asked. taehyung smiled, "ah, the other one is for my friend who's working in the flower shop" "and his name is?". taehyung continued to smile even with jin asking bold questions, "park jimin".

wait- taehyung knows park jimin? jungkook was bewildered at how small the world could be. jungkook didn't want to miss his chance and well-, "you- ah- know p-park jimin?", jungkook spoke. taehyung looked at him in surprise and nodded, "why?".

"i-ah want to-" "know about him, yes, i've seen you before", taehyung smirks and lightly laughs. "you're that kid who dances right? during cultural festival and contests?", jungkook was turning red; how could this guy probably know and remember that? "oh, i like your dancing by the way. and i've seen you stay inside the flower shop til' closing hours, oh-i uh got to go you guys! jiminnie's waiting~ bye", and he waved out the door.

jungkook's thinking he might have a chance since he befriended a friend of his crush. he finally have a tiny bit of chance on park jimin, the pretty boy.

"jungkook"

"yeah, hyung?"

"teach me how to dance"


so the next day, taehyung visited again. and jungkook took it as a chance to finally get to know a little bit of details in jimin's life. "so i owe you a tiny explanation", taehyung stated. "not really it's just that i want to know something about him", taehyung smiled sweetly, "no i actually do, to be honest i've seen you a lot lately, always staying late for jiminnie. i'm sorry if you think he doesn't notice you", taehyung was smiling- but his smile changed turned bittersweet.

"jungkook-ah, i'm sorry but park jimin can't hear, he's got hearing deficiency."


a/n: hi! thank you for those that commented on this story i was quite touched that you like my weird idea. i didn't think that you guys would be choosing on who is who hahahahaha, but tbh i did thought about jungkook being the pretty boy but i was hoping of something reversed this time ( i answered your prayers jimin lol) and i was looking for the right character dynamics like about taehyung and jimin being friends and how jin and v gets close you know something like that heh i'm sorry for those that thought jungkook was the pretty boy (but he definitely is a pretty boy) and thank you for subscribing!!!!!! thank youuuuuu

have some stupid jikook 

 

also my school is in monday gdi i hope i can be jeon jungkook 

how could this man be so happy attending school?

also this ty tongue this man has (AND ABS )