VI - Hello, Sunshine

Three Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Time was passing quickly within the kingdom, and King Yixing’s marriage to King Sehun was now only two days away. Both kings Junmyeon and Kyungsoo noticed with quiet concern for how increasingly flustered Yixing was becoming the closer it got to the day.

 

 

“What if he decides he could marry someone more powerful? The Third Kingdom holds the richest and most powerful king there is, why would he not select the King Lu Han instead of me?” Yixing panics as Junmyeon stands to the side of him as he looks at himself while he gets his wedding robes fitted.

“King Lu Han’s kingdom is too far, and the rumors say that he is terribly manipulative” Junmyeon supplies cautiously as Yixing wrings his hands whilst also trying not to move too much for the tailor to measure him properly.

 

“But he is powerful and they say he is very attractive. He could so easily get tired of me, Junmyeon!” Yixing cries. Junmyeon gestures for him to stand still; as the poor tailor tries to measure his arms, which are frantically moving with Yixing’s worry.

“I believe King Sehun has adored you since you were first arranged to be betrothed, Yixing, give him a little more credit” Junmyeon sighs, adjusting his cape on his shoulders. Yixing sighs, but nods and stands straighter.
“I will have Kyungsoo personally go after the boy if he tries to run, but I really have no doubt that he loves you and wants only you” Junmyeon reassures, to which Yixing nods and his lips tug into a weak smile.

 

 

 

When they have had Yixing’s robes appropriately measured, fitted and paid for, Junmyeon leads a slightly calmer Yixing out into the main street.
“Is there anything else you think you will require?” he asks, puffing his cheeks in frustration as he pats down Yixing’s hair and flattens the creases in his cape.

“Could we perhaps go that bakery Kyungsoo likes?” Yixing replies timidly, and Junmyeon smiles warmly and pats Yixing on the head.
“Of course” he replies, and Yixing smiles properly this time, thanking him and quickly walking off in the direction of the Jung Bakery.


Junmyeon decides that Yixing would be fine on his own, so he walks in the opposite direction and tries to find the bookshop he found the other week; the one owned by the man named…. What was his name again? Junmyeon curses mentally at his rudeness of not remembering the man’s name. How awkward it was going to be when he had to ask again… He would most definitely think Junmyeon just as another careless king who did not truly care about his citizens.

 

Junmyeon frets all the way to the bookshop, having successfully finding the alley in which it was located in a relatively short period of time. He takes a deep breath before pushing the door and entering quietly, making sure again not to make a spectacle of himself in case there was anyone inside.

 

Luckily, there was only one patron inside that the owner was currently serving. Junmyeon sighs in relief, and quickly moves to the furthest part of the shop towards the history section of the shop. He quietly picks out a few interesting looking books and settles in a nearby armchair to read the first few pages of them.

 

He doesn’t even realize the shop’s owner is standing in front of him until a gentle hand pushes down the front of his book to get his attention; and Junmyeon almost jumps out of skin. He drops the book in sudden alarm and stands up quickly, and the shop owner flushes and his eyes widen as he apologizes profusely.

 

“Forgive me sire I’m terribly sorry! I did not mean to interrupt you!” he speaks quickly and worriedly.

Junmyeon smiles gently and leans down to pick up the book. “It was nothing, I should not have read so much of it without purchasing it….” he fumbles for the shop owner’s name, which is still not coming back to his memory.

“Yifan… It’s Yifan, did you forget Your Highness?” Yifan laughs nervously, still slightly afraid of offending his King and Junmyeon blushes heavily.


“I’m so sorry, I don’t want to seem an uncaring man, I just… You’re name… It slipped my mind?” he tries to think of a suitable excuse. Yifan has the courtesy to chuckle and raise an eyebrow at his king as Junmyeon turns redder and redder by the second as he fumbles with his words. The man bends down to pick up the book that Junmyeon had dropped and gently places it back in his hands.

 

“Ah... thank you, I seem to buy so many books whenever I come here..” Junmyeon muses aloud and Yifan just smiles softly.

 

“What is it that brought you to the city today then, Your Highness?” Yifan steps carefully around his words, obviously still worried about being disrespectful. Junmyeon thinks it’s cute.

 

“King Yixing is getting married tomorrow! My good sir how on earth could you not be aware?” Junmyeon laughs and straightens his back; turning away from Yifan to head towards the counter so he could pay for the book (it was an interesting novel on the traditions of the modern day and how they had come to be traditions. Junmyeon loves tradition).

 

“Y-Your Highness of course I know! But I would have thought you would sooner be in the palace rather than in a city that is full of over-excited citizens that are preparing for a royal wedding” Yifan is quick to correct himself and Junmyeon covers his small laugh with his hand. This man seems to be flustered at the slightest thing, and it rather amuses him.
He takes his place behind the counters and quietly takes Junmyeon’s money

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter