II - King Junmyeon

Three Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Junmyeon is sat in his study, or rather, slumped. He had been trying to sort out the paperwork organization for the citizen records of illness, and had gotten restless halfway through. Really it was an unlucky servants’ job; hours of sitting at a desk and sorting through the files, but Junmyeon had insisted that he do it himself.

The summer breeze ruffles his hair and he pouts, falling forward on the desk and sighing loudly. He really had no interest in it anymore, after being sat at his desk for over an hour and a half, exhausted and not wanting to read any official records ever again.
Just then, Jongdae walks into his study with a tray of herbal tea and what appears to be, homemade cake.

“Your Highness, if I may?” he says, gesturing to the tray in his hands, and Junmyeon sits up properly, nodding and trying to sort the various papers and files into neat piles on the side of his desk.
Jongdae places the tray down and pours the tea for him, while Junmyeon drags his hands down his face in frustration.

“What’s troubling you, Your Highness?” Jongdae asks, placing the teapot back down and quickly going to the other side of the desk, face full of worry.

“Ah, it’s not much, Jongdae. Paperwork is hard, is all” Junmyeon replies, stretching and picking up his cup of tea. It smells like rose and honey, his favourite (Of course Jongdae would remember his favourite).

“I did offer to do it for you, Your Highness, but you so adamantly refused!” Jongdae protested, his face breaking into his charming and cat-like smile, which Junmyeon simply couldn’t not smile back at.

“That’s because it’s not the servants’ jobs to go through official records, only to help his masters” Junmyeon counters and smiles gently, finally getting the papers into proper piles and patting the top, before taking a sip of tea.
Jongdae simply nods, smiling wider and folding his hands behind his back.

“Is there anything else you need me for, Your Highness?” Jongdae asks while straightening his back, and Junmyeon shakes his head, waving his hand absent-mindedly.

“No, but if you could check in on Baekhyun to see what’s for dinner this evening?” he replies, leaning back on his chair and taking another sip of tea. Jongdae nods, bows and leaves hastily; shutting the door softly behind him.



The heat of the sun is making his back uncomfortable, so he decides to stand up and stretch his legs a bit. He stands, cracking his back comfortably and going to the window to observe the lily, peony and rose garden that he can see from his study windows. It’s still blooming perfectly; the colours harmonizing in the early summer brightness and gentle breeze brushing through the delicate petals. Junmyeon smiles as he finishes off his tea and observes the garden.

 

 

He catches Yixing and Sehun in the rose section of the garden together; Yixing sat in Sehun’s lap and his face buried in the young king’s neck. He can just make out the blush that’s showing on Sehun’s ears and travelling up Yixing’s neck, and he smiles fondly.
Ah, young love.

He can only really blame himself for not finding himself a queen (or prince, like his brothers) to serve as support. He doesn’t do anything at the royal balls other than be polite to royal strangers and dance with the ladies that come to him. He relies on his brothers to do the talking, really, and even though many a woman (and man) has come to him, blatantly showing their interest in him; he’s mostly just polite, dances with them and then sees them off at the end of evening. He doesn’t bother making further contact with them, and he prefers being without a consort.

 

Yixing often belittles him for whiling away his days in the library and in the gardens. He’s actually written a couple of books before, one on gardening and another on the nature of his own powers (Their subjects have always been vastly interested and Junmyeon thought they should probably at least have an insight onto them).

 

Sometimes he trains; often with the castle’s most-employed blacksmith, Chanyeol, who not only makes swords and armor but offers to teach the buyer how to properly use them, as well as effective battle techniques. It became a habit, Chanyeol’s overeager smile never faltering and Junmyeon was supposed to be a king, so he figured he could probably use the training and a little extra bulk.

 

Interrupting his thoughts, Kyungsoo enters the library followed by Jongin (They probably knocked but he didn’t hear). He smiles and bows to Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter