III - King Kyungsoo

Three Crowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(amazing gif source here!)

 

 

Honestly at first glance, you wouldn’t think that Kyungsoo is a king revered for his battle skills and large amount of kills on the battlefield.

 

 At first glance, he’s a rather short man with cute chubby cheeks (But still a jawline that could cut through stone) and he is often seen with his prince-husband, Jongin, with a fond smile on his face and his unstyled hair gently moving with the cool breeze.

 

Look again.

 

 

It is not abnormal for King Kyungsoo to be seen returning to the royal palace at around five or six in the evening on his favourite horse, blood splatters on his face and his hair unruly and wild; much like his expression. His face will be set and his guards will be following him also on horseback, and carrying several very dead animals.

 

King Kyungsoo is also in charge of planning and executing battles, should there ever be any. If anyone enters the kingdom with a violent intent, Kyungsoo will have sniffed him or her out before they even begin to execute their own plans.

He is meticulous, well prepared and not to mention skilled more than anyone else on the battlefield.

 

He has a somewhat ethereal grace when it comes to crushing the kingdom’s enemies, one quick swipe with his sword (or dagger if he chose to come up close) and the target would slump to the ground in a bloody heap. His reasoning was that even though he knew exactly why he killed people, and he had no quarrel with this, they still deserved to go down neatly and cleanly. Unnecessary torture and lengthening of the kill was something that Kyungsoo seldom did (He had been known to in the past, when interrogating enemy spies, but it was spies and spies alone that were subject to the treatment).

 

 

He is currently out practicing his knife throwing in the east courtyard, behind the castle and at the furthest stretch of the neatly cut grass.

Three out of the four dummies set up have gleaming daggers lodged directly in the heart, but the last one is placed just far out of throwing reach and subsequently Kyungsoo is having trouble with it.

 

“Try flicking your wrist a little more when you throw, sire!” Chanyeol shouts from the other end of the courtyard, where the dummies are set up. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes but nods, and picks up his last knife. All the others he’s thrown at the fourth dummy are wedged either in the arms or on the ground beside it, and he’s trying his best not to become too irritated.

in a breath, he closes his eyes and listens to the sound of nothing. He swears he can practically hear the individual blades of grass moving in the morning breeze. He stays quiet, his fingers twitching as he grips the knife.

 

He opens his eyes, focuses, exhales and throws.

 

(He makes sure to flick his wrist this time)

 

 

It hits the dummy just a little to the left of the center of the heart, but otherwise it’s a pretty much perfect throw. He smiles a small smile to himself.

On the other side of the courtyard, he can see Chanyeol’s wide-set puppy smile as he claps and reaches to collect all the knives.

 

“I knew you’d get it in the end, Your Highness” Chanyeol grins happily and pats him on the back, to which Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow but says nothing. Denying Chanyeol’s overbearing charm and touchy-feely nature is sort of beyond him at this point; him being the palace’s unofficial combat trainer for roughly three years now.

 

“Of course I would” Kyungsoo retorts as he places the knives back in the bag and ruffles his hair to free it of the sweat that had collected there.
“Dare you question my combat skills, Chanyeol?” he adds confidently, and Chanyeol raises his arms in mock surrender.

“Forgive me, my most gracious king, for ever doubting your undeniable and graceful skills” he bows deeply and Kyungsoo laughs at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter