Chapter 5

Shattered Memories

Taehyun looked outside the window. The sun was so bright, shining into his eyes as he closed them.

Throughout the whole week, uncomplete memories kept coming back to him. But the puzzle which will complete the face of the man was still missing. Since that day, he can't stop thinking about the man he was remembering. The man who told him he loved him.

From the way Seungyoon was treating him, he somehow got this feeling that the man is Seungyoon but he couldn't remember well enough. The man was taking care of him so well, treating him so specially that he found his heart always beating faster than usual when he thinks about the man. That's why he stayed himself away from the man if he could.

“Taehyunie, you have to practice the songs now” a deep husky voice interfered Taehyun's thoughts.

----------

Taehyun flipped through the papers filled with lyrics and hummed to the background song.

“Still confused? It's been a week since you started memorizing”

“I keep forgetting the beat”

Mino looked at the papers in Taehyun's hand and took the most front piece. “Even Tonight? You wrote it though”

“That must be why I am better at it than the others. Different is so much harder”

“I wrote it”

They turned to the door and saw Seungyoon walking in.

“But you can't blame me” Seungyoon said then took a sip from the drink he's holding.

Taehyun kept himself away from looking at Seungyoon. He glanced Mino then took out another piece of paper, “Don't Flirt is the best. I love it. Maybe it's because Mino hyung participated in the lyrics writing” Then, he smiled at Mino cutely.

“Yah. Why are you being so cute to him” Seungyoon was frustrated at the maknae. During the whole week, the younger one kept avoiding him, only came to find him when he had any questions to ask about the songs. As soon as he got what he wanted, he will leave quickly, not giving Seungyoon any time to talk leisurely to him. But in the other hand, he was always sticking to Mino and acting cutely around him. It's an eyesore to him.

“I'm teaching him how to be cute” Mino said, giggling at Taehyun who nodded in agreement and giggled back.

“When you're not cute yourself?” Seungyoon can't stop glaring at Mino.

“How am I not cute? Gyu~gyu~”

“Hyung is the best” Taehyun praised Mino as he pinched his cheeks.

“Yah. Stop it” Seungyoon yelled angrily and stomped out the room, can't continuing watching the two.

“Why is he acting like that?” Mino asked innocently.

“I don't know”

Taehyun stared at the ground. He knew the answer.

-----------

That night, everyone was out for their own personal activities. Only Seunghoon, Taehyun and Seungyoon were left in the dorm. They were so bored as they had no plans for the night so they decided to watch some dramas together.

They were concentrating on the drama until Seunghoon's phone rang.

“My friends just asked me out. I think I'll have to abandon you two”

“Huh? Hyung..” Taehyun glanced at Seungyoon. He didn't want to be left alone with him. “Can I go together?”

“No” Seungyoon answered for Seunghoon. “ You have to stay”

“Why”

“Because I don't want to be alone”

“That's your business. I don't want to be alone with you!”

“I don't care. You cannot go”

Seunghoon watched as the two men quarreled and quietly left the dorm, not hoping to get involve in the arguement.

“Why do I have to listen to you?”

“Because you lost you memories and don't know what's the best for you!  You forgot Mino's annoying and you don't even remembered you love me!”

“I don't love you!” Taehyun shouted at the leader and immediately stepped into his room, angry and frustrated.

Seungyoon was dazed at the reply.

“You do.. you said you love me, even when you said you don't!”