Chapter 4

Shattered Memories

“I don't think we should make him remember. He will get pain in his head” Seunghoon said and took a bite of the hamburger.

Jinwoo nodded in agreement, “I think so too”

“But he should remember. It's his life” Mino disagreed. “Seungyoon, what do you think?”

Seungyoon swallowed his food while listening to the discussion. He said nothing, not taking any sides.

-------------------

Taehyun and the manager were caught in the terrible traffic. Taehyun looked outside the window and saw a couple enjoying their coffee, laughing and talking to each other lovingly. “We kissed before” Seungyoon's voice came haunting him again. He can't stop thinking the words which came out from the mouth of a man since the other night.

Taehyun turned to face the manager, “Hyung, how was Seungyoon hyung and I before this?”

“You and him?” the manager simpered. “Just normal friends, but sometimes you two became suddenly awkward with each other making the others feel very uncomfortable” he explained.

“Suddenly awkward? Why?” Taehyun asked curiously.

The manager scratched his head, “I am not sure. But it usually happens in the morning”

Taehyun became more confused and curious after listening to the manager. Awkward? After Seungyoon said something like that to him yesterday, it's not surprising that they would feel awkward. If he can act like that to a man that wouldn't remember his face, he must have did a lot of weird things to him during the past, making them awkward. He did not hate the man but that's always a very odd feeling coming to Taehyun when their eyes met each other. It did not happen with the other hyungs. What are they? What is their relationship before he forgot? Were they really more than friends? Did they really kissed before?

He had goosebumps all over his body just by thinking about it. If they did.. it means he's ga..y? “No way!” Taehyun blurted out.

“What?” the manager looked at him as if he was out of his mind.

“Nothing.. ” Taehyun said, embarrassed at himself.

There's too many questions but none of them has an answer. Taehyun frowned as he put his hand on his forehead, frustrated.

-------------------------

“Come in” Seungyoon turned around when he heard a knock on the door.

Taehyun opened the door, slowly and uncertain. 

“Why are you standing there? Walk in” Seungyoon stared at the stilled creature, standing beside the door.

Taehyun walked into the room with heavy steps, avoiding the eyes of the man infront of him. “I.. I want to..” he sighed at his own nervousness and sat down on the bed.

“Do you want to ask anything?”

Taehyun looked up at the man and nodded instantly. He had a lot to ask that he did not know where to start. After thinking for a moment, he swallowed his saliva and asked, “Why do I call you hyung even when you're just a little older than me?” Taehyun felt like punching himself or something. Is he dumb? It wasn't even a question he wanted to ask.

“You wanted that yourself”

“Really?” Taehyun asked after he was done punching himself in his mind. “Then.. I think I won't anymore. We are friends so I should just call you Seungyoon. Okay?”

Seungyoon nodded, “If that's what you want now”

Seungyoon turned away, facing his back at Taehyun and said, “If you have nothing to ask anymore..”

“The kiss you meant the other day.. was it the one in WINNER TV when I was dressing as a girl?” Taehyun asked, interrupting Seungyoon but soon realized what he just said and went back punching himself in his mind for the second time.

Seungyoon frowned at the question. “We didn't even kiss that day. It's not a real kiss” he answered as he moved closer to the man and sat beside him. “We kissed when.. there's too many to remember”

“Too many?” Taehyun's mouth dropped open at the words. From the tone of voice, he knew that this hyung was not joking with him. “It means we kissed a lot? Why would we?”

“We love each other. That's why” Seungyoon said with a broad smile on his face. “I love you. That's why”

Taehyun's eyes widened as he looked into Seungyoon's. “Love..” Someone said this to him before. A man.. a man.. He started to feel pain in his head again. He fought with the agonizing pain, trying to remember more but the pain only worsen. He shouted in pain and in the next second, he found himself in the arms of the man beside him.

“Stop.. stop hurting. Please..” the man pleaded, tightening his embracement.

The arms around him were so warm, so comfortable. Taehyun could feel a sharp aching pain in his chest. The ache hurt him so much more compared to the pain in the head. What is the feeling? Taehyun instantly pushed the man away with all the force left in his body.

Taehyun was shocked at the man's reaction. His eyes were filled with tears, looking at him with a nothing but sadness. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push..”

“It's okay. It's because you don't remember..”

“You shouldn't always hug me all of the sudden. It's giving me weird feelings..”

Seungyoon grinned at his beloved's words, “It's because the Taehyun inside here, still love me” Seungyoon said, pointing at Taehyun's heart.