Chapter 3

Shattered Memories

“Hey, let's watch WINNER TV before we sleep” Jinwoo suggested. “Maybe he will remember something while watching it”

“WINNER.. TV?” Taehyun asked, confused.

The other men smiled at him when one of them said.,“It's about us”

--------------------

Taehyun watched the show while eating his chicken. He watched himself in the television, doing things he never did before or he just can't remember he did before.

“Why did I ignore you” Taehyun asked pointing to Seungyoon as he watched the awkward scene between them.

“You probably hated him at that time” Mino said, laughing at his own lame joke.

To their surprise, Taehyun giggled and joked together, “I think so too”

He's starting to like this hyung. He thinks the rapper's kinda funny and interesting, cute even with his husky voice.

The others stared at him, stunned. “Did he just giggled at his joke?” Even Jinwoo didn't finds the joke funny. The men blinked their eyes, dazed at the maknae's reaction. The younger man who is famous for his cool attitude was laughing and joking to Mino's joke? He usually finds him noisy, irritating or annoying.. Did the head injury not only took away his memories but also the darker side of him?

“Why? It's funny” Taehyun told his hyungs as he continued to watch the show.

--------------------

Stars were shining brightly in the sky. It was ten at night. Taehyun was starting to feel tired and sleepy. “Let's watch the rest next time” He excused himself before heading to his own room.

Seungyoon followed him behind and went into Taehyun's room together. He shut and locked the door behind him.

“What are you doing?” Taehyun asked as soon as he found the man locking the door. “Why are you...”

Taehyun couldn't finish his question when it was cut off by a sudden hug from the other man. He was held so tightly that he could barely catch his breath. He tried to push the man away but instantly stopped as he heard the voice filled with sadness beside his ear “Did it hurt a lot?”

“I am sorry that I couldn't protect you from the danger that cause you to...”

Taehyun was taken aback when the elder man started crying silently on his shoulder. He putted his arms around the man, comforting him, “I know you're the leader but..”

“No.. it's not because I'm the leader.. I'm your..” Seungyoon slowly let go of Taehyun. He couldn't continue when he looked at the bandage around Taehyun's head and remembered his upsetting condition. Taehyun was bewildered by his moves.

“Are you okay?” Taehyun asked, wiping the tears away. “Are we best friends? What are we before the accident?”

Seungyoon sighed at the question thinking what he should answer. After few seconds, he smiled at his beloved and said, “If you never lose your memories, I would have kissed you on your lips instead of just hugging you just now. That's what we are”

Taehyun frowned on hearing that, “Kiss? We kissed before? You're joking right?”

“Maybe” Seungyoon teased as he ran his finger through his angel's hair.

“Stop it. I don't find this funny” Taehyun pushed the hand away, looking very frustrated. The man's actions were making him feels uncomfortable.

Seungyoon looked down at the floor. “You liked it before,” he said then he turned to the door and slowly opened it, “We kissed before”

Taehyun sat on the bed as he looked at the door closing.

“Kiss? He must be joking” Taehyun said to himself. But he could feel his cheeks getting hotter and hotter.

--------------------

Taehyun wandered around the practice room while the other members just walked behind him explaining the things in the room and telling stories related to them, hoping he will remember something.

“This is mic that you liked to use a lot” Jinwoo said, handing a mic to Taehyun. “Do you remember the songs we sang?”

“No..”

“Listen to this. This is the song we sang before winning the name of WINNER, Go Up. It meant a lot to us and to you too” Mino said and played the song.

Go up. Taehyun listened to the song as instructed. He heard his own voice singing in the song. He was very sure it's his voice but why don't he remember singing it himself? What was it that he forgot? He frowned as he forced himself to remember. Nothing, but pain came, stinging his head.

“Ahh..” Taehyun hold the back of his head, enduring the pain that was getting worse every second.

On seeing that, Mino quickly stopped the song and focused back at his maknae. “What happened?”

“Taehyun.. are you remembering something?” Seungyoon asked with a very worried tone of voice as he watched his beloved in pain.

The pain gradually went away and Taehyun noticed that every eyes were focusing at him. “No.. Nothing.. I remembered nothing” Taehyun said, taking a deep breath. “I was about to remember but.. my head hurts so much.. I..” Taehyun furrowed his brows, hating himself for not giving his best effort to endure the pain so at least something could come back.

“It's okay, Taehyun. It's okay. You shouldn't be hurting anymore” Seunghoon told the youngest man in the room. He was disappointed but his favourite maknae is still is most important.

“Taehyun need to go to the hospital for check ups now” the manager who was standing at the door informed the boys, ending any further conversations.