Chapter 2

Shattered Memories

It's five in the afternoon. The members were heading back to their dorm after spending the day in the practice room.

They were so excited when they reached their dorm, can't wait to see their maknae again. When they opened the door, a familiar back was facing them with a bandage around the head, happily watching a variety show.

“Taehyunie!” Mino shouted as he ran towards the man he missed a lot and gave him a big hug filled with nothing but love.

However, Taehyun looked so confused and rejected Mino's hug. They were not surprised at the reaction of their usual cool maknae, but what's with the confused expression? They didn't care much as they were too happy and glad to meet their maknae again after the awful accident.

Seungyoon in the other hand, just smiled at his beloved when their eyes met each other. At this very moment, he just wanted to hug him tightly in his arms and give him a soft kiss on his cheeks like he normally does.

He slowly walked towards the man infront of his eyes but immediately halted when he heard him asking, “Who.. who are you?”

They were shocked at his words, unsure whether he's joking or..

“Yah, it’s not funny,” Seunghoon said seriously, hoping everything was just a joke.

“Of course it’s not funny” the manager explained. “ He.. lost some part of his memories”

“Some part?”

“He remembered his family and everything, everything before he was eighteen” the manager continued.

The unexpected news startled the men.

Seungyoon could not believe what he just heard. “He forgot? He cannot forget.. How can he forget..about us..”

“But the doctor said we could help him to regain his memories! We just need to show him things he used to do. Like in the dramas, you know?” the manager suddenly said, trying to comfort the boys. “Since you guys are free for the following days, try to help him and accompany him. Take care of him. I will go now”

“Hyung!” Taehyun shouted as the manager shut the door, leaving the dorm.

Now, the only person he knows was leaving him behind with these strangers. He felt like a lost child. How could that hyung do this to him. What will these strangers do to him? Taehyun frowned at the men.

“Taehyun” a soft voice pulled Taehyun away from his thought. “I'm Seungyoon hyung. Kang Seungyoon” Seungyoon introduced himself once again but now, with a sad smile.

--------------------

“Maybe we can knock him down again! It usually works in dramas”

“Wow, that's a good idea! We can use your brand new laptop”

“Okay, sorry..”

“I think we can bring him to the practice room. We spent the most time there”

Taehyun eavesdropped outside the room as his hyungs discussed about him.

“Let's bring him here” Taehyun heard one of them said. He immediately ran off to another room before they find out that he's eavesdropping their conversation.

He looked around the room and laid himself on the bed. For some reasons, the warmth of the bed was so comfortable, he can easily fell asleep on it anytime. It's like he had been there before for numerous time. Is this his bedroom? He stared at the ceiling above him as he relaxed himself on the strangely comfortable bed. What life did he lead after he was eighteen?

“Oh you're here” Seunghoon said as he watched Taehyun from the door. “What are you doing in Seungyoon's room?”

“Seungyoon's?” Taehyun asked as he sat up at on the bed.

“Yeah. This is Seungyoon's room. Yours is at the other side” Seunghoon told him while sitting next to him. “Do you really not remember?”

Taehyun stared at the man beside him, “I guess so”

--------------------

Taehyun walked in to a room where all the members were in. They looked at him and smiled. He unknowingly smiled back too. He was oddly starting to feel secure and safe around these people who he didn’t even know.

“Taehyunie” Seungyoon said, looking deep into Taehyun's eyes. “We are going to somewhere tomorrow”

Taehyun looked back at his eyes. The eyes were full of sadness. His heart skipped a beat focusing at the those almond-shaped eyes infront of his. He wished he could turn away but something was stopping him.

“He cannot say no. We will carry him there even he doesn’t want to,” Mino said, scaring Taehyun as he patted on Taehyun’s back. The others just laughed and nodded at him.