Chapter 6

Shattered Memories

Are you still angry?

Taehyun reached for his phone and read the message from Seungyoon.

Not really..

I thought you were cause you wouldn't answer when I knock on your door.

I'm sorry. I didn't hear you.

I need to talk to you. Can I come into your room?

Taehyun stared at his phone, not replying the message. He sighed and walked to his door, opening it.

Seungyoon was already standing there waiting Taehyun to ask him in.

They looked at each other silently, but both of them had a lot to say inside.

----------

“Are you going to act this way forever?”

“What? What did I do?”

“Avoiding me and.. say you don't love me”

Taehyun looked away as he sat on his bed. “I didn't avoid you”

“A week. You did, for a week. It's pissing me off. I'm going insane. Do you know not hugging you once in one whole week killed me?”

“Why would you need to hug me? We.. we are just friends!” Taehyun blurted out.

“Friends? Yeah, we are friends. But even friends hug! Did you not hug with Mino hyung?”

“I..”

“If I could I will even kiss you..” Seungyoon said softly, startling Taehyun.

“I told you I didn't like this joke!”

“It's not a joke you stupid”

The room was slowly became quiet as the two looked into each other.

Tears started to fill Seungyoon's eyes.

Taehyun stared at the man infront of his eyes. This man.. why did he keep making him cry? Why did he make him cry when his tears were like knives, forming deep cuts in his own heart?

“How can you forget.. You're really a bad guy” Seungyoon said, breaking the silence of the room. “You liked making me angry so much..”

“I'm sorry” Taehyun said as he placed his hands on Seungyoon's.

“I am not forgiving you..” Seungyoon slowly approached his beloved and bear hugged Taehyun. “.. if you push me away again”

Taehyun was surprised and stiffen at the sudden hug but slowly, he wrapped his arm around the man and leaned against his shoulder. His heart were starting to beat faster and faster.

Seungyoon gently clutch a little tighter, “I missed this so much”

They slowly let go, still keeping their hand on each other.

Taehyun was confused at his own actions but he couldn't stop himself. Every action was so familiar to him. “Did we do this a lot?”

“A lot” Seungyoon said as he closed his eyes and pressed his lips on Taehyun's.

Taehyun froze, feeling the soft lips against his.

“I love you” the man Taehyun was trying to remember in the whole week appeared in his mind again. This time, showing his missing face. Memories of him and Seungyoon confessing their feelings for the first time came back, attacking his heart. “I love you too” he heard himself saying in the memories. 

Taehyun tighten his grip in Seungyoon's shirt as he fought with his emotions.

His head, his heart, they were hurting so much. Tears kept flowing from his eyes. He couldn't stop them.

Seungyoon could feel the warm tears and instantly pulled away, looking at his beloved, “Tae..”

Seungyoon's words was stopped when Taehyun leaned his head on him, tears were wetting his shirt.

“Hyung..”

“Taehyun..” Seungyoon put his arms around the other man's waist.

“I love you”

----------

The two men laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling, smiling brightly while closing their eyes.

“Just us confessing?”

“Yeah.. just that. I still can't remember the others. The puzzle isn't complete yet”

Taehyun turned to the side and faced the man he just remembered he loves, “I can go on having shattered memories as long as I remember I love you”

Seungyoon pushed himself up and reached for his phone.

Taehyun watched him closely until his phone buzzed. He checked his phone and smiled broadly.

Taehyun-ah. If the memories about us wouldn't find their ways back to your mind again, let's make new ones together. But please don't avoid me anymore... My heart.. It is hurting when you act that way. Understand? Mr. Nam Taehyun, thank you. Thank you for remembering our love.