5: Running Errands - Extended

The Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai just picked his mineral water from the fridge and turns around when a frame of woman about to pass through; a crash in unavoidable and a shocked yelp is heard in an instant. Her rear will meet the cold hard floor if his reflexes didn't kicking in immediately.

"I’m sorry. Are you okay?" His deep voice rings a familiar bell in her head and she looked up to meet a pair of familiar eyes. 

"Oh" she blinks once. Twice.

Her face looks so blank, void of anything and panic begin to crawl its way to his system, "did I hit your head?" His eyebrow furrowed in contemplation, he should’ve felt it if he did knock her head.

Seemingly trapped in her blank zone, she tilts her head slightly before finally come to her senses and answered, "Oh. Yes. No, I mean I'm good.”

Great, just great, I’m embarrassing myself, Ji hyo mentally scolds herself though outwardly she pretends nothing happened and asked in deadpanned, “Is it just the two of you or I'll met all twelve of you?" 

Kai smiles at her stumbling over words and shook his head in response, letting go of his grip on her arms once he sure she’s steady on her footing, "No, there’s only two of us. You’ve met Sehun?" 

"Well yes. A quiet gentleman too" she said with a smile on. Kai lifted an eyebrow in confusion, asking her to continue. 

"The shelfs are mocking my height. So he helps me to get this" She said while pointing at a bottle of milk in her basket. Kai let out deep chuckles that many women will find y; well she’s probably one of them. At this point though, she isn’t sure about anything.

“There’s nothing wrong with your height” he assured but lifted his arm on top of her head as to measure their height difference in playful manner.

She swats his hand away and chuckles, “Oi! I’m not that short!”

“Sure you are” Kai said with a quirk of his eyebrow, looking not convinced at all. She fixed in an assumedly murderous glare that didn’t look deadly at all in his eyes, making him cracked smile that soon turns into chuckles and transforms to a laugh. She huffed in response, mumbling “brat” and making the beeline to leave.

She didn’t have the chance to go that far when he catches her arm while stifling his laugh, “Aw come on! I was just messing around!” he chuckles -again- before take a deep breath and return to his poker face mode. Ji hyo shot him another failed attempt glare, because it’s simply difficult when this gorgeous man keeps on plastering that silly smile on his handsome face. Even though her facial expression is severely lacking, her act is pretty convincing as she peel his hand from her arm and walk away.

Kai is visibly panicked and walks faster and stands right in front her way, blocking her path.

“Are you mad? I’m sorry” he said, complete with a pout that she has no idea whether he done that consciously or not. But his terrified face is so funny and cute in a way; she can’t hold back her laugh. All traces of guilt are gone in his features, he’s playfully glaring at her and complained, “You are so mean, you know that?”

“Hey! You started it!” she said, defending herself with a pointed look, “Anyway, I should go now, see you later” She bid goodbye to the towering male in front her.

Kai’s eyes followed her movement.

“Your new hair suits you” he said as a farewell, smiling when she turns around and he caught the slight pink colored her cheeks, almost matched her recently colored hair. Ji hyo give him a small smile before pay for her things and leave the store.  

“Oh?” someone mumbled from not far from where Kai’s stand, his mask of indifference on when he look at the confused looking Sehun. “Soo” he dragged on, “You two know each other?” Seeing the two together, his mind couldn’t think anything but they look good together. And that thought alone somehow manage to activate the competitiveness in him, since he too interested in her and wants to get her attention. On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter