1: Meet

The Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May, 25th 2015

"Morning. The usual?" 

The man who is wearing all black, look up from his phone and locked his gaze with the familiar face on the other side of the counter.

"Yes please"

Ji hyo nods and hand him the receipt as he gives her five dollar bill.  She mutters quick thanks and makes his order. When she’s done, she wrapped the plastic container with brown carton along with a piece of napkin underneath before she hand it to him, just the way he liked it.

“Thanks” he said, a tiniest quirk on his lips. One might unable to tell that he is smiling, unless the person looking intently at the man and doing so without offending him. But she is quick to notice it, effortlessly so.

“You’re welcome. See you tomorrow.” She smile again and tilted her head a little. After their sixth encounters, he noticed that she do that little gesture unconsciously and found it cute, even though Kai would never say that out loud. He has image to maintain and he’s pretty sure she know who he is. As if the way he dressed isn’t a dead giveaway; black mask or black wayfarer never absent on his almost feminine facial features. 

It’s always the same in every Monday and Tuesday, him walking in the small but well decorated and cozy coffee shop, ordering a hot black coffee. Apart from he likes the way she made coffee, she isn’t the one to make unnecessary small talk, so their moment is mostly spend in comfortable silence with her light footsteps accompanied by the sound of coffee brewing and her hum of random song. More often than not, he is watching her from the corner of his eyes, discreetly of course. He assumed she is oblivious to his stare and how his eyes keep focusing back on her even after he looks somewhat engrossed in his locked phone. Thus, concluding her impression on him, other than how cool he looks of course, is that his acting skill is bad, -like very bad-. He is definitely easy in the eye and she would lie if she said she didn’t think of him later that day, let’s just say she did a better job at hiding it.

The first time he walk through the door, he never thought he will be come back for the second or the third or the next time after that. The first thing that attracts him to this coffee shop is the fact that it’s seldom get crowded, even in the peak hour. As time goes, without him realizing it, the routine become a habit. His housemates, -mainly Kyungsoo- always noticed how cranky he is when he didn’t get his coffee on those particular days from that particular coffee shop. Some were curious but they figured it must be a coffee addict thingy and didn’t give further thought for that matter. But it’s a different story for his roommate who without a doubt knew him better than the rest. And that is why he ended up spying on Kai -and his subject of interest- at the very next day.

1.1: Master Stalker

May, 26th 2015: 12 p.m - 6 p.m

There is a nagging feeling at the back of her head that someone is watching her. With the experience she gained when working late night hours, she knows when to trust her gut instinct and keeps her guards up. She could defend herself yes, but that doesn’t mean she will let her confidence eat her alive at the end of the day. After her shift ended, she hop on to her ride, -a black range rover sport- and go to the running man filming set to give Joong ki his wallet and spare car key. That kid always had a knack to lose his key, so Ji hyo, as a good sister she is, prepares a couple backups, just in case.

She arrives when they’re having a lunch break and the National MC, Jae suk offered her to join them. With a quick glance to her brother who assured her with a slight nod, she agreed. The lunch is great with a great company too.

The downside is that the tallest member, Kwang soo, looks so shy around her and she caught the guy named Gary, if she wasn’t mistaken, stealing glances at her. The other members teased Kwang soo and Gary for having a crush on her and that leaves her in an awkward topped up with uncomfortable position. Luckily, Joong ki senses her discomfort and subtly change the conversation topic.

Done eating, she thanked their hospitality, gives her little brother his things and excused herself. She then off to watch Winner comeback performance. There, she spends some time to talk with Minho’s teammate, having a good laugh because they are a bunch of clown in disguise. Around four p.m, they parted ways; Winner going back to their dorm to rest and she back to the house. After made some quick revision through several papers that would be submitted next week, she has nothing to do. Bored, she decides to clean the house and changed into Jae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter