The day at the concert

Jealousy and desires

Pink Pandas streamed feverishly into the concert venue, filled with anticipation. They had prepared everything from light sticks to banners to fanchants, ready to support their idols on their first solo concert in 4 years. As the sun fell, cars raced by, illuminating the entrance with its headlights. 

In mere minutes, the entire hall was cramped with fans already taking their seats. It buzzed with excitement admist the cold air-conditioned atmosphere of the hall where Apink was going to celebrate a milestone for them. The stage was as dark as the night sky, standing still in the center of the hall waiting for Apink to light it up with talent.

In contrast to the dimly lit hall, bright white light filled the waiting room. The stylists and makeup artists bustled around the dressing room, comb, cosmetics and hangers in hand. The sounds of hairdryers, sniffles, reverberated within the walls. Apink was getting ready for their concert, hearts fluttering furiously in their chests. 

As time ticked by, Chorong grew incresingly nervous. She wasn't the most proficient at perfection, but she knew better than to chastise herself for her weaknessess. She threw a glance over at her members, especially Bomi who was staring blankly at herself in the mirror like she always did out of unconscious habit. 

She made a promise to herself to not get too comfortable with Bomi later tonight. She won't touch her, won't whisper to her unless absolutely necessary. Chorong knew fans shipped them, and she may want to gift them with moments, but not too much less Bomi realises what she is doing. To be honest, Chorong wanted to test Bomi, seeing if not talking to her would spur Bomi to talk to Chorong first instead. To see if Bomi knew about their ship and fans. Chorong didn't know how much of Bomi's interactions with her is real and this would most probably prove it to her. 

A presence shifted behind the side curtains of the stage, peeking out at the audience before her. Apink had moved out of the dressing room, ready to start their performace. Naeun gulped nervously, eyes darting from one end of the hall to the other, amazed by the number of people that attended. Pink dotted the seats sporadically. 

 Despite their growing popularity, Naeun was still surprised at how they'd grown. She was a naturally placid person, only showing emotions when it came in surges. This was one of those moments. Her anxiety was overwhelming, the world was beginning to spin. 

A firm hand held her shoulder. Eunji. She was smiling comfortingly at Naeun who looked as pale as a sheet. Somehow this was different from other performances Naeun had given, this was significant. She sighed and regained her composure, refusing to show her nervousness in front of Eunji. 

But the older merely muttered softly so that only Naeun could hear, "It's going to be okay. You won't mess up. Have confidence and this is going to be an awesome night. Look at the fans, how excited they are. We must reciprocate it right?" 

Naeun's rapidly beating heart calmed down drastically at Eunji's words. She was right. Their fans have been there for them, and she has to be there for them. Naeun could not let herself succumb to self-depreciation. Patrt of her still worried about her performance while the other was focused on how beautiful Eunji looked in the darkness behind the stage. She admired how Eunji remained so calm and diverted her worries away from herself and helping others overcome theirs as well.

Eunji must have noticed Naeun's heavy breathing because warm arms wrapped around her body for a split second before they left her. "Hwaiting, Naeun-ah,"  Eunji said, forming a fist in the air. Never have Naeun felt so alone considering she was the only one her age in the group. Like others, with no one the same age as you, you generally feel isolated for some reason. But Eunji was the exception, she genuinely felt at peace with Eunji and wanted her to hug her again. 

Forcing the thought away from her, she glanced back at the other Apink members. Bomi was conversing with Chorong, Namjoo and Hayoung with animated gestures. Chorong had a distant look in her eyes. "Okay," Naeun mumured just as the lights from the stage flickered. It's time. 

All throughout the concert, Chorong tried to avoid Bomi, she tried to not look at the younger girl especially during Bomi's solo stage. As expected, she failed. Chorong felt her eyes inexplicably drawn to Bomi, be it when they were talking or performing their songs. There was something charismatic about Bomi, the way she moved around the pole, the way sweat slid from her forehead down her neck, the way she sang, that made Chorong's heart pound loudly along with the blasting music in the background.  But she persistant on her ignorance. She was not going to interact with her on stage unless the other initiated it. 

Bomi beamed down at her fans who were waving their pink lightsticks along to the best of the music. She was appreciative, truly appreciative of everyone who loved her. Even, deep down, even Chorong. Even Eunji. Standing beside Eunji on the stage talking, she could feel Chorong's brief gazes at her direction. Bomi simply ignored it despite the furious urge for her to stare back. She stood beside Eunji just so fans wouldn't jump to conclusions about them. It was better to be safe. If Bomi were to stand beside Chorong, words would have tremendous difficulty slipping out from her rmouth. 

With, Eunji Bomi felt composed. More composed which is why she kept her distance from Chorong. She may forget her dance moves, forget everything entirely except for Chorong. There were moments when they would stand together greeting fans and signing but that was simply a front. They didn't look at each other in the eyes for fear of getting lost in their own world. Fans accepted them though, shouting complements, names and fanchants back at them to which Bomi smiled gratefully at. For a moment, Bomi swore that she had seen a Chomi banner among the many faces of their fans. 

Her mind was split, 2/3 on was the concert, the other small part was on her resist for Chorong. 

Time flew by a little too quickly because the conert was over too soon. It was as if they had just started it. They had cried at the end of it all, immensely touched by themselves and how many fans supported them. Their hard work had paid off, and Chorong could not have been more grateful. The feeling was so inordinate that threatened tears to fall from her eyes. She tried to hang on to her collectedness but she couldn't and had let the tears escape. Namjoo swung an arms over her shoulder, patting her back. She was just too happy. 

In the soft light of the car, the Apink members had changed out and were safely asleep. Chorong was the only was awake, gazing out of the car into the starry sky and closed shops on the roadside. Bomi slept soundly beside her. It was a coincedence that she was seated next to Chorong. She was sure neither of them had predicted or wanted it to happen. Now, Bomi's head was leaning agianst her shoulder, using it a support for her neck. Chorong tore her eyes away from the streetlights and looked at Bomi who stirred a little before dozing off again, lips slightly parted. 

Chorong desired to kiss her there, when the members were asleep. Fighting her will to do so, Chorong turned back to the outside world, sighing deeply. She thought back on the concert, on how many fans there were, on how the whole atmosphere felt, on how Bomi never once looked at her. She breathed in the cold air of the bus, her ears filled with deafening silence except for the smooth car engine and gentle breathing against her neck. Chorong couldn't help but divert her gaze back at Bomi, ensuring that she was indeed asleep. 

Just then, Bomi stirred again, but this time, her eyes opened slightly. Bomi placed her cold hand on the nape of Chorong's neck and pulled her towards her. Bomi leaned upwards and her lips demurely met Chorong's. The latter wasn't surprised, but the kiss still sent shivers running up her spine, much like the first time they kissed. It was gentle and unhurried. Chorong's breath, cold in the car, tickled Bomi's lips, as she smiled  at Chorong. The older found herself smiling back.

Groaning, Bomi whispered, "I've been wanting to do that all day."