B for Basketball

Alphabets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Basketball

 

It was that time of the year again.

It was the time for the annual basketball tryouts of Yeoshin High.

Exactly one year ago, Jackson had decided to join the basketball tryouts that were held. He was chosen and within a year, Jackson had successfully become the team captain.

Thanks to him, the cupless drought that Yeoshin High faced was over.

His addition to the team was considered a miracle, even by the senior basketball players; that's how good Jackson was. His election as the team captain was actually met with praises. Everyone wholeheartedly agreed that he was deserving of that position and title.

Being the team captain came with many responsibilities, one being the judge of the annual basketball tryouts. Jackson together with the vice-captain, Mark were the judges of the tryouts.

One week before the tryouts, flyers were handed out to students and a big banner with the important details such as the date and time of the tryouts were hung around the school to notify the students. Also, announcements were made throughout the week to remind the students.

Soon, the tryouts started. The participants were supposed to make 15 three pointer shots within 90 seconds to succeed in the tryouts. Jackson and Mark sat at the side of the basketball court; assessing the participants.

Students came and went throughout the whole morning. Out of them only 2 had been successful.

Soon, it was nearing lunch time. Just as Mark and Jackson decided to leave to get lunch, they heard the sound of shoes squeaking on the floor. A girl in her PE uniform was running towards them. The both of them just stared as she apologized profusely to both of them for appearing during their lunch time.

When they continued staring at her without any reaction whatsoever, she waved her arms frantically in front of them. Both Jackson and Mark came to their senses.

They both just looked at her before Jackson broke the silence, "What are you doing here?"

"I came here for the basketball tryouts," she replied.

"Well, you're a girl." Jackson stated.

"I applaud you for your amazing perception," she replied sarcastically.

Jackson just narrowed his eyes. This girl was tough. "If you haven't noticed, this is a basketball tryouts. The basketball team is made out of males. There's no reason for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter