Hello, Chances

Almost Eternity

Sehun thinks he’s awake. It sure feels like he hears voices. He doesn’t remember falling asleep but here he is lying on his back, with a comfortable duvet covering him. At first it was quiet whispers and he wondered if he was in somewhere haunted, but then the whispers turned into angry conversations. Sehun refused to open his eyelids. The voice sounds badly familiar and it was the second to last person he wanted to see.

_

“Wake up, stranger!” Baekhyun annoyedly shook the body of a man sleeping with his head rested on Sehun’s bed. Being a lightsleeper, Kyungsoo jolted in surprise but blinked his eyes curiously as he calmed down, wondering who it could be.

“Are you his friend?” he asked.

“Yeah, and who are you?”

“I’m Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.”

“Well you better explain why my buddy Sehun here is unconscious and why in the world would you be with him last night.” y Baekhyun was back.

“Oh, I didn’t know his name-”

“You don’t know his name? Kyungsoo-ssi, let me tell you. Sehun here is still going through a rough break up and here you are, taking advantage of him and not knowing his name?” Baekhyun spat.

“But I-”

“Do you even care? How could you do that to him?”

“Baek..” a voice interrupted.

“I mean, really. Just how heartless are you, Do Kyungsoo? I don’t get it!”

“BAEKHYUN!”

“WHAT?”

“Actually, I think I know what you’re referring to but I’m engaged and your friend’s awake now.” Kyungsoo said flatly and Baekhyun turned to look at an embarassed Sehun.

“SEHUN, YOU POOR THING!” Baekhyun flailed his arms around and attacked Sehun with hugs the next second.

“Hey, guys!” Chanyeol’s deep voice echoed as he stepped into the room, a bag of pretzels, sandwiches and coffee in his hands, “what did I miss?”

_

Sehun was fine, nothing wrong with his body, except for being too tired, to which the doctor prescribed a week off from work and Sehun just nodded, knowing that will never happen.

Baekhyun wasn’t mad anymore after the whole explanation from Kyungsoo and though an apology would be appropriate coming from him, he would never do anything to hurt his pride. He still thanked Kyungsoo nonetheless.

Chanyeol saw the whole ordeal like it was some soap opera and he nonchalantly was still chewing his second sandwich.

Kyungsoo excused himself for a while, now sober but a little bit dizzy. He had to call Jongin, God knows how many clubs the guy went last night probably just to look for Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo! Thank God, you’re alive.”

“Jongin, I’m in a hospital.”

“Hosp-wait, are you okay? Are you hurt? Did you get into an accident?” Jongin bombarded him with questions, to which Kyungsoo chuckled. This is why he loves Jongin. Jongin nags all the time, but it’s because he cares.

“I’m fine, actually someone isn’t though. When I was calling you last night, I found someone unconscious in the bathroom so I took him to this hospital.”

“Is he okay, then?”

“Yeah, probably just stress because of his ex.”

“You know a lot about him already, don’t you?”

“Kinda.”

_

A day after the whole incident, Sehun wanted to meet Kyungsoo. He was going to treat the guy to lunch, to thank him.

He saw the said guy entering the restaurant just now.

“Sorry, did you wait long?” Kyungsoo asked and Sehun felt like something choked him. I used to wait for hours, I’m perfectly fine, he wanted to say but instead he mustered the brightest smile he has.

“Not really, Kyungsoo-ssi.”

“I’m sorry then, you know writers. We don’t have an office to go to early in the morning,” Kyungsoo excused as he sat, “may I know what you do for work?”

“I’m a photographer, but I own a studio too so I leave for work early.” Sehun answered.

“Are you taking a break now? Or are you not going to your office later as the doctor suggested?”

“I’ll be going there right after lunch.”

“I don’t know you enough to say you shouldn’t go and just rest, but please take care of yourself.”

“I will, thank you. Thank you for taking me to the hospital yesterday.”

“No big deal, what’s your name again?”

“I’m Sehun, Oh Sehun.”

“Wait a minute, you’re the Oh Sehun? I’ve been dying to meet you!”

“Why?”

“You have a ridiculous amount of clients, I’m not surprised you can’t leave your office now, I wanted to book a photoshoot session actually.”

“Great, just tell me when and I’ll be available then.”

Jinjja? Ah, I’m so happy! I’ll arrange the time soon, Sehun-ssi.”

“What’s the occasion?”

“I need a pre-wedding shoot.”

_

“Well, tell me how you want it to look like.” Sehun offered.

“I want it to be monochromatic, black and white-”

“..so it would show only our true emotions, our love.” Sehun shook that voice away from his head.

“-so we could feel the realest form of emotions, don’t you think so?” Kyungsoo chirped, while Sehun faked a smile to cover his aching heart.

“I want a shot of me being hugged from the back-”

I love your backhugs, Sehun. I’d want that too.” wrong timing, memories! Sehun blinked multiple times, assuring himself the man wasn’t even nearby.

“-it’s just so romantic!”

“I see.”

“Also, a shot of only our intertwined hands-”

Because I want to hold your hand forever, Sehun.. and even if things get in our way, I’d still have that picture to be cherished.

“-ah, I’m so excited! If I knew you were Oh Sehun yesterday, I probably would’ve kidnapped you and took you to Jongin.”

“Jongin?” Sehun asked, the name sounded new.

“Jongin, my fiancé. I’ll introduce you guys later, promise!”

“Sure.”

_

A/N

Hello, chingus!

Sorry I didn’t update last week, sorta busy but here a short chapter I typed in exactly an hour! Whoops.

I have tons of group project kind of homeworks to do and be honest, have you ever been the one to do all the job yourself? I’m always like that.

Anyway, let’s hear some more comments. Those are the fuel to my writing HAHAHA /winks desperately. Okay bye, have a nice Sunday.