Nine

The Truth about being an SM Trainee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So guys we're just going to have a casual dance off with the other group tomorrow night after practice, what do you think?" Sehun remarked while we were taking a short break.

"Let's go for it." I shrugged while Hyo bounced around in excitement. 

"Truthfully, we're better than them aren't we?" she asked lightly. Sehun laughed but Jess cut in with a frown.

"They have Sooyoung and Yoona... they're really strong dancers." she said worriedly.

"Being synchronised as a three is going to be harder than as a two as well." Sehun added. 

"We're doing a group performance?" I asked immediately in pleasant surprise. He nodded and we beamed at each other excitedly - we hadn't done one before.

"Let's do it!" Hyo yelled and we jumped, resulting her laughing sheepishly. I forever admired her bright and happy-go-lucky nature - she was so successful in what she did and at the same time she was just so... cheerful. I heaved myself up, ignoring the burst of pain on my lower back and tried to stretch it out slowly. Baekhyun caught my wince and opened his mouth but I simply shot him a warning look. 

"Okay so we're starting with Hyo centre stage, and the song is Hollaback girl by Gwen Stefani..." 

-o-

I passed Jongin oppa on the way to the vocal rooms with nothing more than a simple short bow. However, when I walked past him he grabbed my hand and brought me back, staring at me scrutinisingly. 

"What are you doing?" I hissed and he simply smiled lazily at me. 

"No cameras." he whispered as he continued to scan my face with such close proximity that it made a warm, fuzzy feeling spread across my body. 

"I need to get to vocals, I'll see you later oppa." I said patiently, as if I was coaxing a child. He chuckled before leaning in closer. My breathing hitched as he paused above my lips, eyes widening. 

...Then the little went straight to my ear and murmured,

"Be prepared to lose tonight. We have one more skill set than you do." before blowing against my ear. Again! I couldn't help but squeal and whack him hard on the chest before jumping back and rubbing the ticklish area protectively. He outright laughed, eyes twinkling with mirth before walking away with his hand raised in a wave.

"Bye cutie!" 

I snarled and muttered profanities before promising myself that we were most definitely going to win. 

... What was the other skill set that they had? I was sure that they wouldn't get points for prettiness. I just hoped that Im Yoona was not as good at dancing as she was pretty.

When I arrived at the vocal room, I asked Baekhyun,

"How good are Yoona and Sooyoung?" 

He raised a brow in surprise. 

"Vocally I'm pretty sure you beat them, Jess most definitely does. But they rap too - do you?" he asked and I blanched. Rapping?! What?

"Um but I didn't even know that rapping was part of this - who even leads the rapping classes - oh." I finally realised with a blink. Baekhyun poked my temple, shaking his head with a roll of his eyes.

"How do I sign up for rap?"

-o-

"What so you haven't rapped before, you want to try it and so you want to join my class?" 

I nodded eagerly with a bright smile. Chanyeol shrugged, munching on the sandwich I had gotten him in return for bothering him on his lunch break. 

"Shure I guess." he said. "We have classes from 4-6 - what do you have then?" 

"Uh...nothing." I concluded after a brief thought. 

"Perfect." he nodded before thanking me for the sandwich and asking where I had gotten it. When I replied that I had just gotten it from the café a few blocks down, he immediately looked worried.

"Try to refrain from going out if it's not necessary okay? Fans know we're here now, so they'll be watching for trainees to jump." 

I nodded in understanding. 

"We have a great canteen anyway, just eat there alright?" he said brightly and I wholeheartedly agreed.

As I wandered out of the canteen feeling great about the rap situation I bumped into Hyoyeon unni and another girl that I didn't recognise.

"Hey Heriiii my darling dongsaeng - are you honestly in the canteen? I've genuinely never seen you here ever." she exclaimed and I laughed.

"I was just meeting with Chanyeol sunbae about rap classes."

She grinned. "Perfect! We'll have raves together. 4-6 right?"

My eyes widened. I didn't know that she rapped. 

"Anyway, this is Tiffany! She's a singing major, from the US like Jess." The girl smiled at me and she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter