Twists and Turns 3

Twists And Turns

"So.. You're not Chanyeol?"

 

Face palm. That's what Kyungsoo's doing right now. How naive of him to think this Kai man will be Chanyeol just because he's tall. He is so presumptuous.

 

Kai only nodded at Kyungsoo. He then turned his back to the smaller guy as he drag the unconscious Jaejoong with him. He will be heading to the clinic first before reporting the guy to the Disciplinary Committee.

 

"Kai." Kyungsoo called, but the man didn't bother to stop his tracks nor look at him. "Kai, can you please not tell anyone about what happened? Please! And will I see you again?"

 

 

This time, finally, Kai paused for a while and look back at him. He's smiling that it made Kyungsoo lose his thoughts for a moment.

 

"No and yes."

 

"Huh?"

 

Kai continued his way leaving Kyungsoo standing under the tree, brows furrowed and mouth slightly opened, looking confused. Several minutes later, the tan male was nowhere to be seen anymore and poof! Kai's words sink into his mind. He felt his blood ran out of his body. But he is a little excited too, now that the man said they could probably see each other again some time.

 

 

***

 

Kyungsoo was few minutes  late for his first class, good thing, they only have library works and they just need to sign the attendance. He's an Education student at a very popular university in Korea - the PYN University, where only the averagely rich to really wealthy brainy type of people go.

 

He and his hyungs, Xiumin and Yixing, both major in Music, are lucky enough to pass the entrance examinations and get the chance to study at this exclusive school. A million thanks to the anonymous person who gave them a full scholarship on their chosen course until they'd graduate.

 

 

Being commoners is the reason why they don't interact well with the others. They think they aren't fit to be in this school. They just accompany each other as long a their schedules permit. He  and his hyungs spend time together too during lunch breaks, but he's a loner when he's at his class. Yet it's okay. He does not mind being alone after all, plus who is he to refuse free quality education from a well-known school?

 

 

After two of his morning classes were done, Kyungsoo heard his stomach growl. He's currently walking towards the bench where they usually meet. No one sits there except them, maybe because wooden bench under a tree doesn't suit the taste of most people here. He saw that the bench is empty, meaning no Yixing and no Xiumin. "Aish. I'm hungry. Yixing-hyung, Xiumin-hyung, where are you?" he mumbled to himself.

 

 

He finally arrived at their spot and immediately took a seat. He get his bag off him and placed it beside him. He then leaned down to smoothen his jeans. Uniforms aren't the school's style. Every student here are day by day models who walk around the school. It's an everyday fashion show off. Maybe the only uniform they have is their P.E. uniform which its color varies from their course. He's an Education student and so his P.E uniform is blue.

 

"I just passed by, but I felt tired, can I sit here?"

 

Kyungsoo is surprised to hear a voice in front of him. He's on the process of wiping dust off his pants when he looked up and saw a charming man looking at him.

 

"Oh." Kyungsoo blinked several times and sat up straightly. "Hello there Kai. Yeah, sure. Just sit if you want. This isn't mine anyway."

 

"Thanks." Kai said and made his way to sit beside the small guy. "Who are you waiting for.. What is your name cute? I haven't known you earlier."

 

"Don't call me cute. I'm not cute. And the name is Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo answered then he offered his hand for a shake which the tan guy gladly accepted. "I'm here because I'm waiting for my Xiumin and Yixing hyung. We're always  eating lunch together. This is the place where we often meet, so yeap. I'm waiting for them."

 

"Ahh." Kai patted his shoulders,"Ya! Don't be too tensed, I know you're thinking of whether I reported the incident or not. It's very obvious in your eyes. But hey, even if I want to, I didn't. I saw how pale you are earlier. But may I know why do you want to just let it pass? It can happen again you know.. Good thing, I pass by there to get the bat left by my clumsy friend."

 

"I'm just scared things will get worse and my hyungs will surely get mad that they might hunt that man. I don't want to bother them a lot by just taking care and worrying about me. Anyway, thank you again."

 

"They're good friends huh?"

 

"They really are. So precious."

 

"Hmm. That's so nice to hear. One more thing, why don't you know Chanyeol? Or even Jaejoong-sunbae? Are you new here?"

 

Kyungsoo shook his head,"No. I'm a second year student here already. But we don't pay much attention to the surroundings, especially that we are a very busy person. Knowing people isn't as important as the things we should do. It won't be used to our own matters, so why bother?"

 

"Well, you do have a point there.. Does the 'we' you are referring to your hyungs?"

 

Kyungsoo only nodded.

 

"Oh. But you should be aware, most people here always go by group. And they even name themselves.. For instance, Jaejoong-sunbae and his two friends are JYJ. Then there are the respected sunbaes from SuJu, SHINee, B2ST and more. Even ours and the younger batches has grown their groups too. Some are B.A.P.,BTS and BToB. There are so many groups and its kinda hard to remember all. Your popularity here in school depends on how rich and powerful you are. Your wisdom and skills are also criteria to know if you can be famous in this place full of already known people who are a bit ignorant about their environment too. In that way, people will remember you."

 

"Should I care? I don't want to be popular and this thing wouldn't affect me, so what there is to think about?"

 

"Me and Chanyeol are on the same group, since we're friends." Kai continued without minding Kyungsoo's words. "And the 6 of us call ourselves as EXO. Sounds fierce right? But no. Actually my friends are beagles. They're dorks. The--"

 

"Oh yes! Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo exclaimed while clapping  which the tan guy made shocked and stop his talking. The smaller boy looked straightly to his eyes. "Can you please bring me to him?"

 

"I thought you weren't interested in knowing anyone? Why sudden change your mind? And why do you keep on looking for him, huh?"

 

"Just let me see him."

 

Kyungsoo stand up as he put his bag on and pulled Kai up the bench. "I have something important to say. I should meet him."

 

"Ok. Ok. Slowly. Slowly. Don't be too excited."

 

 

***

 

Kyungsoo is following Kai walk. They started walking several minutes ago and until now they're still walking. They have passed by many college departments already and he thinks EXO might be really popular in the university since many girls and boys are eyeing them. He felt so conscious of the stares that he distanced himself to Kai.

 

"Hey. Stay closer." Kai told him then grabbed his arms. "Why distance yourself much huh?"

 

"People's eyes are following us."

 

"Nothing new about that. It's either they are still amazed in seeing me again or they are just shocked to see I have a pretty boy with me. Hahaha."

 

Kyungsoo frowned, "Maybe the first one is more appropriate."

 

 

Kyungsoo noticed that they already passed by all college departments but they're still walking. And he's getting tired.

 

"Ya. Where are we going? Is this still a part of the school? I'm really hungry now." He complained but Kai didn't answered him. They stopped in front of a gate and the guard only nodded at Kai. He followed the man as they enter the vicinity he doesn't know if is still included in the university's property or not.

 

Another minute passed, and he was then welcomed by the sight of a two-storey structure that has a hexagon shaped sign on the door. It somehow reads EXO.

 

"We're already here. Chanyeol is surely inside the club house."

 

Kyungsoo looked up at the man just when he stopped beside the latter. "This house owned by Chanyeol?!"

 

"Yes. This is a private property of Park's. No one is allowed to go here unless you're invited by Chanyeol or even one of us."

 

"Oh! That's why there is a guard earlier. Is this still an area of the school?"

 

"Yes. Because the university is half owned by Chanyeol's family, Chanyeol's grandmother gave this place to him as a present when he was seven. Come on let's go inside."

 

"Oh my. So you mean.. Oh. This is absurd." Kyungsoo reacted when he realized things. The person whom he should thank is really rich and popular.

 

"Why? PYN University right? Park Yi Nah University. Mrs. Park Yi Nah is Chanyeol's great grandmother. The school was next handled by Chanyeol's grandmother. But since his grandmother doesn't want to hold the school anymore, it is now under control of his hyung."

 

Kai opened the door and ushered him inside. He was in awe when he saw how the place is way bigger than his apartment and the interior is very luxurious. The living room is wide and the long couch looks very soft. The wall has several kinds of guitars hanging. There are also abstract paintings made by famous artists. The glass table in the center also looks so expensive and he's afraid he might break it once he go near it. But it's somehow saddening for him to see such a beautiful place left disorganized. Bubble teacups are everywhere and plastics are too.

 

"Sorry if it's messy. My friends are a bit lazy and this place is really nothing special. This is just where we spend our time resting, playing, jamming or stay in if there is no class or if we don't want to attend the class." Kai turned to the left and so he followed. They entered the white kitchen and he was again in awe. It is a spacious kitchen, a cooking place he always dreamed of. He thinks he can do any dishes if he has a place like this, where all he needed is already there.

 

"I see you're surprise to see a place like this. Chanyeol owns the guitars, while the paintings hanging are owned by some of us. But Yeol has his too. The reason is we like music and arts, that's why we filled this house of things we are interested with." Kai explained while busy getting stuffs from the fridge. "This kitchen is a place  Chanyeol loves. He loves to cook and he is really good. As you can see all things for cooking and different ingredients are on the cabinet."

 

"Wow.. That's so nice! Oh. Thanks." Kyungsoo said when the man handed him a sandwich and a Coke in can.

 

"You can make another sandwich if you want. Just serve yourself anything you like. It's free." Kai told him while smiling showing his white teeth.

 

Kyungsoo only nodded and timidly smiled. He took a sip of his drink and grab a big bite from his sandwich, a proof that he's really hungry, while still tailing the taller male go back to the living room.

 

He saw Kai is looking up at the right where the stairs is and he noticed a giant man going down. The guy is wearing cap and shades, and he is rapping while walking down. He silently laugh as he observe the way of the giant's body groove to the rhythm. He looks cool.

 

Just a few steps before the floor, the man finally felt his presence. He stopped going down and stood still, getting the shades from his eyes and put it on his shirt.

 

"You?!!" The man screamed so loud while pointing at him that he and Kai almost jumped.

 

"M-me?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Midterm exams finally done!

         Yeah boy! After more than a week, it's nice to hold the mouse and sit in front of the screen again. ^___^

 

 

Chansoo shipper? Want to read a short but beautiful story? Read this: (I'm sharing this in case you haven't read this)

 

When You're Gone by: Shaf-unnie

 

Happy happy :) <3