Unwanted Heartbreak (feat. EXO - My Answer)

Time Machine

chapter 7

 
 

I was a bit nervous as steps were taken nearer to my beloved. 'This should be good...' my heart whispered. I remembered that 'anonymous' reminded me to keep this memory the same, but using different words. I'm still processing on what he meant about that...

"You look beautiful." He said with a sweet smile. Melted on the spot. I smiled shyly, following his steps as he pulled my hands gently. After having a short walk with topics going on, we decided to have a conversation on a bench instead, while looking at the breath-taking view in front of us.

"Did I say that you're so beautiful tonight? Just like a blooming rose under the moonlight." He continues to make me blush. Stop it, Baekkoong, you're making me guilty...

"Hajima..." I plead, resulting a small laughter from him.

(Let me pause. Emotions are running through me with this song in my head.)

We continued talking about crazy stuffs starting from JackStal's agrues and Chanyeol's crazy facts about the earth is actually a cube. Don't believe on that, I mean, who, even on the craziest mind would believe that the earth is a cube?

Finally, we came to a silence. Baekkoong kept carressing my hair as I cherish his every touch.

"Baekkoong..."

"Ne, Rene?" He answered softly. I was a bit nervous. It had been hours, and not one conversation talked about us. And I think I should talk about it.

"I've been thinking lately. About something. About us." I started off. He kept silent, so I assumed he was listening.

"You know, we're not really the same. You're busy with your senior things, and I'm busy with my clubs and my year-end performance for your graduation ceremony." I paused for a while, taking a deep breath.

"It's been a few days since we last had a proper conversation. I mean, sometimes we don't really have the time to know how's each other doing. Can't you see?" I pasued again. I can feel his hands getting slower, and I'm just thinking that he's getting my point.

"Don't get me wrong. I love you, but how? How are we going to keep it? Sometimes I think, are we still something?" I paused once more, holding my tears as I heard Baekkoong's breathing getting heavier.

"I don't want to do this, but..." I can't hold my tears any longer. A tear managed to escape my eye as I said the last words.

"...I think we should stop..."

It took a few moments until Baekkoong finally managed to speak. "Why...?"

"Well, I don't want to burden you, and mainly I don't want you to be disturbed with your senior... things."

There was a complete silence for a moment there. My heart ached, but not as much as before. I hope Baekkoong feels like that too. As I was wiping my own tears, well, good thing it didn't ruin the make-up, Baekkoong spoke.

"We're still friends, right?"

I was dumbstruck by that question. Why not?

"Yeah, why not?" I answered with a smile. My heart still ached, but I have to accept this.

We continued with a few small conversations about why is Chanyeol that stupid, why don't Jackson and Krystal date each other, why won't Mrs. Kim stop giving the students Chemistry homeworks, why won't eh cafe have a bakery too, why won't the field become larger, why the sky is blue, why birds fly, why humans can't fly, why unicorns doesn't exist, why Yixing sunbaenim thinks unicorns exists, and much, much more crazy questions.

A few hours passed again, and he sent me home. It was noisy in the car as we continued our stupid questions. It was as if nothing happened.

He bid goodbye and left after I locked the door. I smiled for a brief moment after I entered my room, but then leaned against the door, sliding down until I was sitting on the floor. I let out a tear, and it flows fast as sobs were heard throughout the room. I hugged my knees and burried my face into my arms, as I continued to sob.

"I'm sorry, Baekkoong..."

"I really am..."

 
 

author notes

Annyeong~! Eyra here. WRITER'S BLOCK. SO SORRY I COULDN'T UPDATE. AND SORRY AGAIN FOR THE SHORT, BORING AND STUPID CHAPTER. I was really stressed out with school that I forgot AFF ever exist. Haha, so funny. At I managed to update now. LOVE ME RIGHT, EXO RULES XDD /fangirl/ sorry I'm a bit crazy. What do you think of the story so far? Comment! So yeah, please give this story lots of love and please anyone don't make me feel lonely at The Story Of Us?