Wedding Preperation

Time Machine

chapter 3

 
 

2 weeks before the wedding. And I'm just 22. Can't believe it, right? The dream that I once had with Baekhyun now became a reality but with Luhan. We've been engage since last year, and now I believe it's the time to go further with this relationship. I was waiting for Luhan to get ready as we're going to do the preperations for the wedding.

You know, wedding dress, tuxedo, rings, bla bla bla...

Oh, did I just...? Nevermind.

As I was just sitting around in the living room, Luhan came down the stairs looking handsome as always. White pants, short sleeved blue sky colored shirt and...

Baekhyun's... jacket? "Luhan? Isn't that..."

"Yes, it's Baekhyun's jacket, if that's what you wanted to say." He answered first with a smile. He walked to me as he explained to me. "He gave me this jacket because he wanted you to see him in me once in a while." I was taken aback by that. "And you didn't mind?" He shook his head. "Not a bit." I smiled a bit, knowing how understanding he is.

"Come on, let's go." He said as he pulled me into the car. I just laughed and followed his footsteps.

While he was driving, we were conversing on random things. I mean, really random things. From who to invite to the wedding to how we actually got to know each other during high school. After around half an hour of driving, we finally arrived at the city. First, we went to find our wedding attire at a wedding boutique.

"Come on." He gestured as both of us entered the boutique. I sat at a sofa that was prepared for guests as Luhan went to the counter. "May I help you, sir?" The person in charge asked him. "I want to look at my wedding attire under the name Byun..." "Oh, Mr. Lu! I'll go take your wedding outfit, please wait for a while." The girl went behind the boutique, maybe go to the place where they put the outifts that were reserved.

He sat next to me and we chat for a bit before the same girl came back. "Here's the dress and tuxedo, Mr. Lu." She said as both of us went towards her. When I looked at the dress, suddenly something came upon me.

9 years ago, Spring...

"When we get married one day, I will walk down the aisle with this dress." I said as I pointed at the dress displayed. It was beautiful, but I know I can't afford it.

"You like this dress?" Baekhyun asked me. I nodded eagerly at his question.

"One day, you will wear this dress, Irene." He said to me.

"This dress... Isn't this..."

"Yes, Baekhyun told me you wanted to wear this on your wedding day. When he knew he couldn't do it, he told me to reserve this dress and make sure you wear this. I reserved this dress under his name, but I said I'll take the dress for him." Luhan cut me off. I got teary and hugged my dear deer while my mind traveled to Baekhyun.

This is too much, I can't believe Baekhyun did this...

After finishing everything with the dress, we went to the jewelry shop to pick up our ring. It wasn't that far, but Luhan decided to drive there. It was just a 5 minutes drive, and for the wedding outift, the boutique workers will send it to Luhan's house.

If you're wondering, the other preparations like the flowers, decorations, anything aside the outfit and rings, Luhan's parents decided to take care of them. I didn't really mind, 'causeI believe that parents knows the best for their child, especially the wedding day.

As we arrived, we entered the jewelry shop and were greeted by the workers. We went to one corner and the shop's worker greeted us.

"Good afternoon, sir and ma'am. How may I help you?"

"I want to pick the reservation under the name Byun..." Again, he said the same thing but I didn't pay attention on what Luhan said. The worker told us to wait as he went to get the rings.

A minute later, he came back with a ring box in hand. "Would you like to take a look at the rings?" He asked. "Yes, please." Luhan answered with a smile. He opened the box and another wave of memories came.

"Baekoongie, isn't this ring beautiful?" I asked my beloved boyfriend. He took a look and smiled. "You want it?" He asked. I nodded eagerly as he told me to wait outside. So yeah, I waited outside just as he asked. Why? I don't know.

Baekhyun's POV

As I saw Irene walking out, I looked back at the worker and said, "Can I request something?"

"Yes, what is it?" "I want to reserve this ring for my girlfriend, can you crave next to the diamonds with these two names?" I said as I wrote on a paper the two names. "And this name on the inner part of the ring." I wrote it.

"Baekhyun told me that you wanted this ring, so at the same day he said both of you came here 9 years ago, he reserved this ring with these three names. He put his name on the inner part because he don't want you to forget him."

"But, why? I was still his girlfriend at that time..."

"He said he was scared that he couldn't give this to you, and he knew I like you that time, that's why he did this." He explained.

 (Jessica= Irene, Michael= Luhan, SoulMates= Baekhyun)

"Baekhyun loves you, Irene. He would do anything so you can be happy..."

For the second time of the day, I teared up because of what Baekhyun did to me.

'I love you Baekhyun. Thank you...'

 
 

author notes

Annyeong~! Eyra here. Third chapter is here, like it? I'll do one more chapter before Irene's adventure back in time starts. Be prepared though, I promise you with feels in the next chapter. So yeah. Please give this story lots of love and please anyone don't make me feel lonely at The Story Of Us?