Hospital

Time Machine

chapter 10

 
 

I walked around the school's garden, savouring the sweet fragrance of the flowers. Roses, daisies, orchids. You name it. I closed my eyes, enjoying nature to the fullest. The wind was blowing gently, playing with my long, dark brown hair.

"Irene!" a voice called out. I looked around me, but found nothing. As I thought it was just an imagination, I heard the voice calling out again. "Irene!" This time, I made sure to make a 360 degrees turn, but still, nothing. I wondered, whose voice was it?

"Irene..." this time, it's a different voice. Again, I turned around only to be greeted with nothingness. Just then, I heard the voice again, this time, more like a whisper. "Irene..."

'Who are you...?' I whispered my thoughts. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

Suddenly, I heard a voice calling out. "Irene!" This time, I was certain it came from my left side and when I turned around, I saw Baekhyun smiling widely. Then, another voice called out from my right side. "Irene..." When I turned right, I saw Luhan smiling softly.

I was confused.

Somehow, my heart wanted to go left, but my mind wanted to go right. I knew it right then, it's my feelings from the future. Yes, I'm still confused even after 8 years.

Baekhyun or Luhan?

Who do I love more?

Out of a sudden, both were shouting out, calling out.

"Irene!"

"Irene, wake up..."

"Wake up now! You're worrying me!"

"Irene! Irene...!"

"Irene, please wake up, you're making me worried..."

I opened my eyes, the lights blinding them for a moment. The first thing I saw was Baekhyun's worried face, and from the corner of my eyes, I could see the other 3 boys circling my bed. I let out a small smile, signaling I'm feeling okay. I could hear a series of relieved sighs around me.

"You made me really worried..." Baekhyun said softly.

"How long was I out...?" I asked with a croaked voice.

"Almost 48 hours. Guess the queenkas really took every strength they had on you." Minseok answered, pulling a chair to sit beside me. I was about to ask about the queenkas, but Luhan beat me to it. "Krystal and Jackson informed that the queenkas were suspended from school for two weeks."

"At first, they were suspended until you are discharged. But due to complaints from some other students about them bullying you lots of time before, so the principal- well, police suspended them from school until you are well enough to go to school. Also, they were reported a case file but it was closed as soon it was open. So, they almost got caught as criminals, but knowing you, we requested to close the case." Minseok explained.

"Really, they were going to jail if you didn't wake up in 3 days. Guess you saved their butts this time." Chanyeol continued, earning chuckles from everyone.

"When will I be out?" I asked as I sat up with the help of both Baekhyun and Minseok. "Well, I'm not really sure about that. But regarding your injuries, I doubt that you'll get out today." Minseok answered. I was a bit confused, injuries?

As if Luhan heard me, he said, "Well, you just had minor injuries mostly, but you had a deep cut on your left arm, maybe because of the queenkas overly-high heels?" This caused laughter from all of us. Even though it wasn't supposed to be funny, but who cares?

"You made me really worried back then..." I could hear Baekhyun and Luhan's whisper, but maybe they didn't think I could hear it. Just then, I remembered the dream I had.

Luhan and Baekhyun walked towards me, shouting my name. "Irene! Wake up now!" I can't move, my feet semed like they were glued to the groud. I looked at them walking nearer, but it seemed like they were getting further away. "Baekhyun!" I shouted. "Luhan!" I shouted again.

"Irene..."

"Irene..."

"Irene...!"

"Irene!"

I jolted a bit, only to see 4 pairs of eyes looking at me with worry.

"What's wrong?" I asked as if nothing happened.

"You... spaced out for like, 5 minutes." Chanyeol was the one saying that.

"We were worried something happened to you..." This time, it was Minseok.

"So I called out your name." Baekhyun ended the explaination.

I responded with a small smile, looking at the bedsheet.

"Is anything wrong, Irene?" Luhan asked.

"Nothing, it's just, I remembered something, but nothing to your worries..." I answered and smiled. We continued to chat about stupid things even when Jackson and Krystal came in the frame. We had to stop and they exited the room for a while since the doctor came to do a check up on me.

All of them came flooding the room as the doctor went out. "What did the doctor said?" Krystal asked.

"Well, he said that I could be discharged the day after tomorrow, but I still have to rest at home for a few days."

My answer gave a wave of relief to everyone in the room, including myself too.

After an hour, they all excused themselves to go home, except for Baekhyun who volunteered to take care of me until Krystal comes that night for the night shift.

When everyone had left, it was a bit awkward in the room. Even though it's only Baekhyun, but really. It's the first time he had taken care of me when I was admitted in the hospital. We didn't talk, even after the nurse served my dinner, still, no words.

It seems like no one wanted to break the silence. I don't even know what to do since this never occured before, more like I'm changing my own past that I have no idea what to do when it happens.

Well, it's not like this killing silence is going to be forever, right?

"Hey, urm, Baekhyun...?" I called out, more like a whisper. Baekhyun who was playing a game in his phone turned around. "Yes? What's wrong, do you need anything? You're feeling pain?" He asked.

I'm not lying if I said I was strucked by his questions.

"No, nothing, I just wanna say thanks, you know, for being the hero of the day..." I blurted out.

Baekhyun chuckled. "You know what? That's not a big deal. Just remember, that I will always be your knight in shining armour."

I smiled at his statement. Truth to be told, he still care for me. Deep inside my heart, I still wanted Baekhyun back, I miss his hugs, I miss his laugh, his smile, his voice. I miss everything about him.

But fate has better plans for me, I guess.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, again, Krystal finally came. I was like, what's taking Krys so long? It's not like she's ever restricted to meet me. Then again, maybe her sister asked her to do something.

"Gosh, sorry I'm late! Jessica unnie told me to do grocery shopping and clean my room, THEN I can come to accompany you. Sorry Baekhyun sunbaenim, for taking too much of your time..." She ended her explaination with a slight bow to Baekhyun in which he returned.

"It's fine, Krystal. It's not a bother at all." He smiled at my best friend. Krystal softened a bit by his words and decided to fill up the space on my bed.

"Yah, this bed is for patients, not you." I retorted, trying to push her away. She resisted and plead for Baekhyun's help. "Baekhyun sunbaenim! Help me!"

Aish, this girl. Sometimes, I really don't understand her.

Baekhyun just laughed at us. "Stay on that bed until tomorrow morning. Don't ever leave her unaccompanied on the bed." He said. Well, let's just say Krystal made herself comfortable like my bed is hers.

Why did Baekhyun help her anyway?

"Yah, Baekhyun-ah, why?!" I whined. He laughed again, this time a bit longer. "Just to see you annoyed. Who told you to get a bestie like Krystal?" I rolled my eyes at him, earning another laughter.

That night, Baekhyun decided to stay a bit longer, knowing how I won't fall asleep easily when I'm sick. The three of us talked a lot of things including about our studies. He asked if we were doing well and if we were in need of his help.

"No, Baekhyun. You're in your final year, and I don't want you to fail just because you help us study." I said when he volunteered to be our tutor.

"Why not? I can revise on what I have learned the whole years I've been in high school." He talked back.

"Yeah, it's going to be a win-win situation. We ge to learn better, and sunbaenim can revise. See? No big deal." Krystal agreed. Well, I give up and had to agree. I just don't want to start a debate with Krystal when I'm sick.

"Well, it's not like only the three of us, right? Let's ask Jackson and other kingkas to join. They'll be delighted." I said. Both of them agreed and immediately asked the other 4 people. In less than 10 minutes, an agreement was made. Every weekend, we would go to the library for the whole morning and study while on weekdays, we'll just study at the school garden after school ends until 5 in the afternoon.

Their parents have agreed. No words said, I just had to follow their plans.

Without noticing, it was already midnight. Baekhyun excused himself to leave.

"What? Why? Stay here!" Krystal whined.

Gosh, since when did she become so childish?

"Krystal, you have a sister. Baekhyun has a brother and a sister-in-law. It's not like he always stay up late anyways. He's also a senior, he needs to study for his final year." I explained, more like consulted her. Baekhyun smiled and left after he bid farewell, leaving the both of us alone.

Krystal made herself comfotable under the blanket, facing me. Both of us laid silent for a for moments before Krystal decided to break the silence.

"You still love him, do you?"

That question took me a back. I was silent before nodding slowly, eyes at the pillow. Krystal smile softly, pulling me into her embrace. "It's really not a big deal if you still love him. I'm sure he still loves you too. You can't do anything about it, you know?" Krystal said, gently my hair.

God must be giving her tounge some magic now. Because it's softening my heart.

"I'm no love expert, nor someone who had experience love before. But I'm telling this as your best friend. I'm telling this as someone close to next after your family. It's not your fault that things happened. They happen for a reason, you know? Maybe if you didn't leave him, he would be busy dating you that he would forget his studies. Not like this never happened, but this is his senior year, he needs to focus. Love could be a distraction for him. Same for other kingka sunbaenims. Luhan sunbaenim and Minseok sunbaenim decided to focus more on their academics rather than football. Chanyeol sunbaenim also is focusing on his weak spots in academics and puts his band fully in the hands of the juniors." She continued.

At this rate, my eyes are getting heavier, Baekhyun's image in my head leaving me slowly. Little by little.

"Look at Jungkook, the cute guy from the group Bangtan Boys. He's doing well replacing Luhan sunbaenim as the captain of the football team. Even Suho oppa, our handsome and rich president is giving some of his works to the juniors of the student body organization. See? Even the best student needs help. So stop saying that you shouldn't leave him. It's for the best..."

Seeing that I was already fast asleep, Krystal chuckled. I snuggled into her arms as I made myself comfortable.

"Good night, Irene. May Baekhyun be in your dreams..."

 

 
 

author notes

Annyeong~! Eyra here. Haha, the names mentioned are random. Don't kill, I swear I promised to update this, but really. School just ended, the internet in my house had been fixed, and with MAMA just passed and winter comebacks, I just can't okay? GAWD, CONGRATZ TO EXO FOR THEIR WINNINGS. I literally cried, proud of my boys =') I'll upload more later on, when I feel like it haha... So yeah, please give this story lots of love and please anyone don't make me feel lonely at The Story Of Us?