Good Things Turned Bad

Time Machine

chapter 4

 
 

5 hours before marriage.

The day has come. The day where the relationship between me and Luhan changes from 'engaged' to 'married'. I was up early today, not because of excitedness, or nervousness, I just, don't know. I looked out of the window as I saw the sun rising right in front of me. I smiled as the memory of us came upon me...

"Baekhyun..."

"Yeah?" "Do you like the sunrise?" "Of course I do, Irene. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing." I responded to him as we looked at the sunrise right in front of us. I cuddled with him as I breathed the fresh air of the sea.

"Irene." He said. I wanted to look up, but he stopped by kissing my head. I closed my eyes, savouring his kiss with all my heart.

"What is it?" I asked with a hushed voice. He didn't respond immediately, he just kept quiet. I was feeling a bit about him, but maybe he's just thinking about what he wants to say.

"You're just like the sunrise; You may just show your beauty towards everyone for an hour, but you will always be remembered..."

I chuckled, remembering his sentence. I walked away from the window and went into the bathroom, thinking of having a nice hot bubble bath with an aromatherapic scent of candles before going to Baekhyun's grave and prepare for the wedding. 

I would like to skip this and start the day, okay dear readers? Author-nim won't mind, I guess. (A/N: No, I won't~)

I got ready and exited my house, locking the door in the process. Looking into the sky, I went towards the car dad left me before he died. Entering the car, I started the engine and put on my seatbelt as one destination came to my mind; Graveyard.

I guess my attire isn't not appropiate, I guess?

I guess not.

Arriving at the graveyard, I entered like I've been living here for 8 years and walked straight to a certain place I've been going to these past years. I usually come here twice a year, on his birthday and his death anniversary, but today. Today is a special day.

Today is my wedding day.

"Morning, Baekhyun." I 'greeted' him as I kneeled next to his grave. "You know what day is today, right? It's my wedding day, Baekoongie..." I said to him.

"Baekoongie, wanna know something? Wanna know something I've been wanting to say but I can't 'cause everytime I come here, Luhan would be here too?" I said, again tearing up. I know, I shouldn't be crying, but I just can't hold these feelings anymore. I have to let it all out someday. And that day will be today.

"Baekoongie..." I started with a smile.

"I've regretted everything I did every since I left you. I've regretted everything, and I'm so grateful because I had you. I feel stupid, because you did everything for me while me? I broke your heart. You reserved my wedding dress, you reserved my wedding ring, you cared for me, you still loved me, even though you knew you can't live long. I shouldn't been hurting you on our last meeting. I should love you and spend time with you. Not hurting you. Now I realized, my love for you is still bigger than my love for Luhan. You have been my high school love, my first love, my first kiss, my first lover. You have been nice to me despite everything I did to you..." I choked on my own tears as I tried to calm down. I took a deep breath and continued.

"I never knew about it before. I thought I knew everything about you, but I just don't. If I only knew you had limited time to live when we argued, then I wouldn't have hurt you that night. I can't believe that you never tell me about your disease. I know you didn't want to make me feel worried, but at least inform me that you're not well, and maybe we won't fight that night..." I took another deep breath as I lowered my head, closing my eyes.

"If I could just wish, if only I can pray for something no one else would have done, if only I could ask for something impossiible for me to get, if only I could take something that could never happen, I would do it. I would do anythig to bring you back, Baekoongie. And now, I would like to say one wish." I paused for a while.

"I wish for a second chance. I wish to turn back time where everything was still how it used to be before. Give me a second chance to fix everything." I let out sob as I stopped again.

"Please, give me a time machine..."

1 hour before marriage.

"Irene, are you done yet? We have to be at the church in 30 minutes." I heard Mrs. Lu calling out from outside the door. "I'm almost ready, give me 5 minutes." I responded back. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked different, with the make-up on and my wedding dress. I smiled at my reflection, knowing that I'm finally gonna marry to my ex-boyfriend's best friend, Luhan and will change from Ms. Kim to Mrs. Lu in an hour. I thought of sleeping for a minute so I can rest myself.

As I put my head on my arm, I feel a bit dizzy and instantly, I out.

When I woke up, I looked at my surroundings and realized that I wasn't in Luhan's guest room. "Where am I...?" I was a bit confused and I looked at the reflection in front of me. "Wait..." That's when realization washed over.

I'm not wearing any make-up. And I'm wearing my school uniform. My SCHOOL uniform.

Suddenly I heard something vibrate. Looking beside my arm, I saw my phone. The phone that I had 8 years ago. What's actually happening...

I unlocked it and saw a message. My eyes went wide as I saw the message.

From: Baekoongie~

Are you awake yet, Rene? I miss you~
See you in 30 minutes. Luhan will be picking us up today.

Saranghae, jagiya <3

Baekhyun just sent me a message. And if I remembered well, this was the last message he sent to me as my boyfriend before we broke up.

Wait a second.

I looked around me and saw that I was in my room, exactly how it was 8 years ago. So, if I remembered correctly, there should be a calender somewhere...

Aha! My study table!

Walking towards the said table, I looked at the date.

February 20, 2014

... 2014?!

Did I really just...?!

Wait...

"I wish to turn back time..."

That wish really did come true...

 
 

author notes

Annyeong~! Eyra here. Sorry if this chapter is crappy because I'm not feeling well, so maybe I won't make another chapter soon. I vomited just now and I feel a bit dizzy, but I have to finish this chapter. At least, I could get started with the story when I feel good and actually give you an insigt of the real story before I go to school. Oh, one more thing. The flashbacks are very important, so make sure you pay attention on every bit of it. So yeah. Please give this story lots of love and please anyone don't make me feel lonely at The Story Of Us?