Chapter 5

The love between two

N's POV

Y/N didn't show up for the competition yesterday. I tried to call her but she ignored all my calls. I even tried to visit but she refused to open the door. I asked Soo Jung what happened but she would instead change the subject. I'm really worried. I think I should try to visit her again.

๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ

"Y/N-ah." I knocked on the door, but of course she didn't answer. "Y/N-ah? Can I come in?" No answer. She probably doesn't want to open the door. I was about to leave until I heard the door beep open.

"Come in." She popped her head through the door, her hair covering half of her face. I smiled and followed her in.

I seated myself next to her on the couch. "Hi" I said

"Hi" she said, almost a whisper. She was looking down at her hands. Her hair was hovering above her face and I saw three long bandages on her cheek peeking out.

"Where were you yesterday?" I asked.

"I was sick."

"Liar." I immediately said. She looked at me with wide eyes and I moved her hair out of her face. She had a scar at the corner of her lips, a slightly black eye, a scratch on her forehead, a small bandage at the corner of her eye, and three long bandages that start from the edge of her nose to her jaw. "W-what happened?" All she did was shake her head in response. "Y/N-ah." I sighed. She was looking at her hands again. I took her hands into mine and looked at her into her eyes. "Are you okay?"ย 

She slowly met my eyes. "Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

I watched her as she unconsciously played with her hands. After awhile of what to do with her, I finally made up my mind. "I want you to go get ready. I want to take you somewhere." She gave me a questioning look, but I didn't want to give anything away so I stayed quiet. She quietly got up and shuffled to the bathroom to get ready.

After 30 minutes of getting ready, she finally came to the living room. Her bandages were gone and her scars covered up with make-up.

"Where are we going?" Y/N asked.

"Somewhere."

"Where?"

"A place."

"What kind of place?"

"An awesome place."

"Aish." She said quietly.

I took her out of the complex. It was pretty cold so we decided to get a drink from the cafe around the block. We walked and were almost there to the cafe, we just had to pass an alleyway, but Y/N abruptly stopped. She started at the alley, giving it a kind of sorrowful look that seemed sort of off.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh. Anni." She replied back.

"Hmm, let's go then."

"Mmmm." It seemed that she wanted to keep going but couldn't.

"Then do you want me to go in by myself?"

"Anni!" She yelled as she scurried into the crowded coffee shop. That was weird.

We got hot chocolate and hailed a taxi.

"Why won't you tell me where we're going?" I stayed quiet. "Hmph."

๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ

We got to our destination, the theme park. Y/N was jumping around in excitement.

"Yay! Oh my gosh, I haven't been here since I was 10! This brings so many memories. Thank you!" She said as she gave me a big hug. "Lets ride the roller coasters!" She pulled on my arm and kept jumping up and down.

The thing is, I'm afraid of heights, like deathly afraid. "Ummm, maybe we should play some games first." I tried my best to hide it, but I think she picked up the hint.

"N-ah, are you afraid of heights?"

"Whaaaaat? Anni."

"You are afraid afraid of heights!" She exclaimed while swatting me on the arm.

"Whatever." I said as I tried to wrap my arm around her waist, but she suddenly backed away and hissed in pain. "Y/N-ah? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just a little sore, that's it." She said with a weak smile. I gave her a skeptical look as she watched me innocently. I'm really worried about her.ย 

"Lets just play games for today and in the future we can come here again, okay?" She nodded as I linked arms with her as we walked in.

๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ

ย Y/N POV

You and N come home during the evening at about 7:30. Your arms were filled with so many stuffed toys that N got you that you couldn't count it anymore.

You got to your apartment door and N helped you open it. Soo Jung was sitting on the couch watching TV. She looked at you, then back at the TV. "I knew N was going to save the day sooner or later."

"Aish." You said as you walked into your room to put away your stuffed animals. After you were done, you went straight to the kitchen to prepare some ramen.

"Make me some too!" Soo Jung yelled from the living room. You scowl at her, even though she couldn't see it, and took out three packs of ramen. N came up behind you and rested his chin lightly on your shoulder, afraid that he might hurt you, as you started boiling the ramen and pouring in the spice packets.

"You look like a couple you know." Soo Jung said as she plopped herself on the kitchen counter. You threw an empty spice packet at her. "Yah!" She yelled as N chuckled. Soo Jung jumped from the counter and scurried back into the living room.

"Here, let me help you." He says as he left your shoulder and started rummaging through your fridge. "You don't have a lot of food." He criticized as he took out green onions, cheese, and meat that was cooked from last night's dinner. You watched as he skillfully chopped the onions. "I used to cook you know."

"Used to?" You asked

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

"I used to cook with my mom and dad. I stopped when... you know." You kept quiet for awhile.

"You still haven't asked me about my mom and dad yet." You spoke.

"I know."

"You're not going to ask?"

"I'll ask when it's the time. I'll know when." You looked at him as if he was talking gibberish. You sighed and shrugged it off as he poured the remaining ingredients into the boiling pot of ramen.

After you were done cooking, you brought the pot of ramen to the living room table that Soo Jung and N were sitting at. Everyone instantly dug in and devoured everything within minutes.

"Damn, you guys are hungry. I didn't even get to eat that much!" Soo Jung glares at you as you smiled and waved a v-sign around. "Aish, I'm going to go take a shower, probably a really long one so don't judge." Soo Jung gets up to walk to the bathroom as you and N began to clean up.ย 

Once you were done, you and N plopped down on the couch and watched TV. After a few minutes of relaxing there, N crossed his legs and faced you, then took a napkin and his water bottle from the table and soaked the napkin. "Turn around and face me." He orders as you began to slowly turn your body, head down. He gently takes your chin and gradually wipe away your make-up. You gasped, but then closed your eyes as he continued cleaning your eyes, nose, and forehead. You opened your eyes while he wiped the last few marks of lipstick from your lips. He threw the napkin on the table and looked at you. His hand slowly went up to your few uncovered scratches that were at your forehead and soon moved to your eye, then the three long scratches on your cheek, and lastly to the corner of your lip. His other hand held onto yours as you carefully watched his facial expressions, hurt to worry to sympathy, then back to hurt. He finally locks eyes with you and you can see that he became extremely worried.ย 

"You still haven't told me what happened." He spoke softly as he moved your bangs behind your ear. You stayed silent while you moved forward to hug him tightly. You laid there, listening to his heartbeat. You felt N's laugh rumble through his chest. He wraps his arms around you and rests his chin on top of your head. "Aigoo, look at this girl." You smiled as you laid there. "Go ahead, take your time."

You stayed silent for a little while until you finally spoke. "Seong Yi, Yoo Ri, Cheong Soo." N hummed in understanding. "In that alleyway. I was practicing the dance with Mi Yeong, Yoo Ri told me that you got hurt in there." You stayed silent for a little longer. You felt that if you continued speaking, you would feel like you were going to break down in tears. You breathed in and continued talking. "I-I followed Yoo Ri down to the alleyway. I didn't see you there. I was about to leave until I got pushed against the wall. Seong Yi was there. She told me to stay away from you. Sh-she said if I don't listen to her, she'll hurt you, I-I know I met you a few weeks ago, but I don't want to hurt you." You started to have a few years escape your eyes. "They hurt me. They left me there for an hour. It was dark and I was in so much pain." You started to lift your shirt to show the bandages around your waist. You heard N take in a sharp breath. "Soo Jung found me."

You stayed quiet for a long time as N tightly held onto your hand. You watched TV and stayed silent while N wiped your tears away. "I will need to have a word with her." You squeeze his hand and shook your head. N sighed, "But-"

"Anni. You can not say anything. Arasso?" You said as you held up your pinky.

N took in a sharp breath and then nodded and linked pinkies with you. "Arasso. But you better come to me if anything is bothering you." You nodded and smiled and went back to laying on N's chest.

After a few minutes of watching, you looked up at N to find him sound asleep. It was cute. You looked at all the details in his face, from his perfect eyes to his sharp jawline. You continued to watch until you soon became drowsy and fell asleep.

๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒŸ

Soo Jung took and extra long shower, a little celebration for N finally helping you out. She walked out of the bathroom to hear the TV still on and was about to scold you two for watching at such a late hour, but then saw you and N peacefully sleeping together.ย 

Soo Jung giggles. "And you say you're not a couple. You better go out or else I'll throw a tantrum." She said to herself as she covers both of you with a blanket. "I feel like I'm the mom of these two. Aigoo, such cuties." ย She turns off the TV and goes to her room to sleep.

~~~~~

I'm so sorry I took a long time to update. I've just been so busy with school and hw that I haven't had enough time to do this. Hopefully this was okay. I felt this was sort of rushed so I apologize for that. It'll probably be awhile before I update again so don't expect anything new soon. I might make another neo story but that's on the maybe list. We'll see how much free time I'll have. Until then guys.

ย 

ย