₃₀₆

₃₀₆
3-0-6
3-0-6
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

He wakes. And in an instant, the world feels... different. He turns his head and stares at the empty space. What day is it today? Time seems to be extra sluggish... now that his medicine has worn off.

 

He rubs his eyes. How they sting.

 

JJ. I'm taking Jaeling to the dental office... to have them look at her baby tooth. We might miss lunch, so don't wait for us.

 

The little note looks old... as if it has been sitting there on the dresser for weeks... months... She must have dug through their recycle basket again and reused a scrap of paper. Save the trees project, she calls it.

 

He looks at his phone and scrolls to the most recent text from his baby. Mama is taking me to buy new clothes after the dentist visit. And then ice cream! Are you jealous, appa?

 

He looks away from his phone and stares at the blank, white wall. Of course, he is. He feels extremely lonely... now that they are gone.

 


 

It's about time we got ourselves caught, Kou.

 

They will have many questions for us.

 

We will tell them everything... and at the same time, nothing. Do you understand?

 

We have to protect her... at all cost, we have to protect her. We couldn't protect her mother, but at least... in this way... we can protect her... can't we?

 

I have no intentions of doing anything else. We will protect her until the very end, our little angel... from them... from him... from everyone. We will do what we do best, Kou.

 

Tell everything... and at the same time, nothing.

 


 

Mister Lee Junki. When was the last time you made contact with your brother?

 

So, you haven't found him yet.

 

Unfortunately, no. Please answer the question.

 

March 6th, I believe. Jaeling's birthday.

 

The same day you and Miss Shibasaki took her.

 

Yes, the very same day.

 


 

The number sequence 3-0-6 seem to appear too often to be random. Do you know what it might represent, Miss Shibasaki?

 

Of course... it's a date.

 

3-0-6... March... 6th?

 

Yes. March 6th. Jaeling's birthday.

 


 

He used her... his own daughter. Stored information on her body during their bath times. Xinling found out... and we had no choice but dispose the evidence. You understand, we cannot allow her to fall into the wrong hands.

 


 

He's a monster. I had tried to warn her... but she insist she knew what kind of man she married. She was so sure of herself. That confidence... that confidence of a principal dancer. It killed her.

 


 

Simply put. He chose to protect his country instead of his family... and that is all.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••